PDA

View Full Version : Drop off w/ rt on-off in classic valve

wjr
01-06-2007, 11:21 PM
My minimag works flawlessly with the stock on-off. When I put in an rt on-off (.750 pin) I get drop off when I fire fast. One thing that concerned me when I installed the rt on-off was the little white o-ring that sits on top of the on-off, surrounding the on-off pin. Is it the same as the one in a classic valve? Becuase that's the one that I'm currently using.

Any ideas? I've never heard of this happening to anyone before.

Smoothice
01-07-2007, 12:01 AM
I'm am planning on doing the same thing to my classic. I remember reading in some post that the orings were different on a rt on/off and a classic on/off.

I will try to find it and post a link.

Smoothice
01-07-2007, 12:52 AM
found it.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=207189

athomas
Make sure you have all the proper orings in place. There should be two top orings. They are urethane for the retro on-off instead of the smaller one being teflon one in the classic.

Hope this helps

wjr
01-07-2007, 11:35 AM
Thanks! I had a bag of emag on-off o-rings, and they seem to be the same as the rt, because it works great now.

Smoothice
01-07-2007, 12:39 PM
Thanks! I had a bag of emag on-off o-rings, and they seem to be the same as the rt, because it works great now.

Glad I could help.

Did putting the rt on/off in your classic help the trigger pull alot? How about the recharge rate?

I should be receiving my rt on/off from tunaman on monday :clap:

wjr
01-07-2007, 01:08 PM
Glad I could help.

Did putting the rt on/off in your classic help the trigger pull alot? How about the recharge rate?

I should be receiving my rt on/off from tunaman on monday :clap:

The most notable thing about it was the pull was way lighter. The recharge rate also went up.

It's definitely worth the money.

athomas
01-08-2007, 03:57 PM
Theoretically, the recharge rate will decrease with this mod. However, in some cases the urethane top orings work so much better in the retro on-off top than the teflon orings worked in the classic on-off top, that any decrease in return force is offset by smoother operation.

wjr
01-08-2007, 04:03 PM
Theoretically, the recharge rate will decrease with this mod. However, in some cases the urethane top orings work so much better in the retro on-off top than the teflon orings worked in the classic on-off top, that any decrease in return force is offset by smoother operation.

That's good to know.

I think the next thing I wan to do is to buy a .712 pin and a quad o-ring to see how that works out.

athomas
01-08-2007, 04:41 PM
That's good to know.

I think the next thing I wan to do is to buy a .712 pin and a quad o-ring to see how that works out.

You might want to try a .725" pin instead. It'll be a little more forgiving. You can simulate a shorter pin by adding a few level 10 shims between the on-off halves.

wjr
01-08-2007, 08:44 PM
You might want to try a .725" pin instead. It'll be a little more forgiving. You can simulate a shorter pin by adding a few level 10 shims between the on-off halves.

.725 pin? I've never heard of one of those.

I think I might try the shim idea though.

Smoothice
01-08-2007, 08:47 PM
.725 pin? I've never heard of one of those.

I think I might try the shim idea though.

I was going to go with the .725 pin but tunaman talked me out of it. He said it was WAY to short of a pin and it would most likely result in the gun going full auto. He did mention that you could shave down the .750 pin to like .740 but didn't recommend it.