PDA

View Full Version : Hyperframe service/mods

punkncat
01-07-2007, 06:22 PM
Is there anyone working with these anymore?

I see that Luke does some triggers and apparently some milling.

Are there any boards available for these? Even the stock 20BPS board?
Where are people getting lighter microswitches?
Noids?

mobsterboy
01-07-2007, 06:27 PM
a tboard is roughly the same size
with some wire connecting, you could have a raping...errrr, ramping marker in no time.

punkncat
01-07-2007, 06:31 PM
a tboard is roughly the same size
with some wire connecting, you could have a raping...errrr, ramping marker in no time.

I hear that the T board is a piece...dunno if its true.
Understand finding a Morlock is a real trick nowdays as well.

where am i?
01-07-2007, 06:39 PM

Tboards rock!

mobsterboy
01-07-2007, 08:01 PM

im not offended in the least, but I am interested. Elaborate if you can, please. I aim to find out all i can about these before i might drop one in the hyperframe i have laying around here

Dewok82
01-07-2007, 08:20 PM
Used Morlock boards are hard to find by themselves. Most of the time it seems like you have to purchase some hacked up marker and just harvest the board.

I've "heard" the Spyder T-Board will work, but is slightly too large and requires some resizing (to the board or to the frame I do not know).

If someone has successfully put a board other than the OEM Centerflag or a Morlock in a Hyperframe, I would love to hear about it.

Jaan
01-07-2007, 08:24 PM
Center Flag had some full auto 20bps boards in stock up until about a year ago. Unfortunately you're a little bit late for them, but you should send them an e-mail in case they have some semi-only boards in stock still (and if you're OKay with them of course).

punkncat
01-07-2007, 08:39 PM
im not offended in the least, but I am interested. Elaborate if you can, please. I aim to find out all i can about these before i might drop one in the hyperframe i have laying around here

Really can't elaborate. I have just read a few negative comments here and there, and had a few buddies that tried to work with them on Spyders a few years ago. Both had a terrible go of it and ended up scrapping the projects.

warbeak2099
01-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Really can't elaborate. I have just read a few negative comments here and there, and had a few buddies that tried to work with them on Spyders a few years ago. Both had a terrible go of it and ended up scrapping the projects.

I use one in my spydermag. It's a fine board. The new VerC look even better. I can't believe someone not being able to figure out a Tboard, it's so simple.

punkncat
01-07-2007, 08:54 PM
I use one in my spydermag. It's a fine board. The new VerC look even better. I can't believe someone not being able to figure out a Tboard, it's so simple.

Found it and they do seem pretty simple. Got lots of features as well for a great price.

Seems like the neatest install is to have the frame milled for the Dye membrane pad.

I am assuming that it will take a Spyder wire harness to get it going, or do they come with the connectors?

BigEvil
01-08-2007, 10:54 AM
There is some new stuff on the way out that would work just fine with a hyperframe..

You could always use the board from a 06 Cyborg if you are in a hurry. Not sure if the connectors are the same but you could work around that.

punkncat
01-08-2007, 07:36 PM
There is some new stuff on the way out that would work just fine with a hyperframe..

You could always use the board from a 06 Cyborg if you are in a hurry. Not sure if the connectors are the same but you could work around that.

Can you elaborate on this?

I was looking at the scenario dreams site last night. I notice that the new Tboard will plug into the Dye membrane pad. I have been considering the cost and trouble in getting the Hyper milled for the pad and board. With the cost of the Spyder version it would be cost effective to buy several in case one messed up.
If there is something better quality, or "drop in" I am interested in knowing.

rkjunior303
01-08-2007, 07:41 PM
the 06 cyborg board might work. it's SMALL. about the size of a quarter and it's pretty much a predator.

BigEvil
01-09-2007, 02:01 PM
Can you elaborate on this?

I was looking at the scenario dreams site last night. I notice that the new Tboard will plug into the Dye membrane pad. I have been considering the cost and trouble in getting the Hyper milled for the pad and board. With the cost of the Spyder version it would be cost effective to buy several in case one messed up.
If there is something better quality, or "drop in" I am interested in knowing.

Nothing is drop-in, but ite pretty simple. If you like the membrain pad on the DMs, you are going to love the APE Uniboards. They have the same keypad that their ION boards come with. From what I have been told, look for a month or so for them to start appearing. (I know I know I have heard that before)

If you can get an 06 Borg board, yes they are basically the same as the predators. You may or may not have to change the connectors on the gun. You would be able to get pre-crimped pigtails from tag that would work. Also, for ANY aftermarket board you would have to make sure the correct size capacitor is added or the frame will brown-out when firing.

punkncat
01-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Nothing is drop-in, but ite pretty simple. If you like the membrain pad on the DMs, you are going to love the APE Uniboards. They have the same keypad that their ION boards come with. From what I have been told, look for a month or so for them to start appearing. (I know I know I have heard that before)

If you can get an 06 Borg board, yes they are basically the same as the predators. You may or may not have to change the connectors on the gun. You would be able to get pre-crimped pigtails from tag that would work. Also, for ANY aftermarket board you would have to make sure the correct size capacitor is added or the frame will brown-out when firing.

I note that the Tboard already had a cap on board. Is this suitable, or do you know?

I was noting on a mod site that they recommended reusing the existing connectors, once you know how to take them apart.

TAG isn't very far from me. Does he have some experiance modding the Hyperframes? I know Devil's Den is (used to be) right down the road from him as well, but given what others are going through with him that it would be a pipe dream to expect him to do his magic on it.

11 Bravo
01-09-2007, 05:42 PM
The scenario dreams capacitors will work. Thats what I have in my Hyperframe. Or you can use the one from your stock board.

BigEvil
01-10-2007, 09:31 AM
I note that the Tboard already had a cap on board. Is this suitable, or do you know?

I was noting on a mod site that they recommended reusing the existing connectors, once you know how to take them apart.

TAG isn't very far from me. Does he have some experiance modding the Hyperframes? I know Devil's Den is (used to be) right down the road from him as well, but given what others are going through with him that it would be a pipe dream to expect him to do his magic on it.

Forget about Devils Den. Take a live electrical wire, stick in in your ear, and hope the current can erase all recollections and memories of "devils den", "GADevil", and "Devilmags". You will be better off.