PDA

View Full Version : Phantom feed on a tac one body

DSR75
01-08-2007, 12:21 AM
Ok here's the deal. I'm wanting to see if it is possible to mount a phantom feed (like the one seen in the pic below) on a tac one body. I would prefer the warp body but the angled pic rails may interfer. If they do, I would settle for the vert feed. Anyone have any ideas on how to do this? This may be a real simple mod and I just don't know it. I've never seen a phantom in person so I don't know the specifics of how that feed works. Any help is greatly appreciated.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d41/BIGCountry75/phantom.jpg

kobeastly
01-21-2007, 10:31 PM
It can be done but their is an issue mounting CCI SC feeds to cocker threaded guns. The screw that holds the SC feed on can portrude into the barrel threads and scratch the barrel and make barrel mounting and unmounting somewhat difficult. I think CCM noticed this and thats why the changed their SC feed to have 2 mounting holes. That way they can use a shorter less secure screw in front and get more support from the second screw in back. Many people have opted for the action markers angel threaded SC feeds but AM is out of business and they are pretty hard to find and even used they still go for $50.

You can have them custom made but that can be pricey as well. You did just give me an idea about using the sight rail in front of the feed to sucure the feed to the gun, I may be giving that a try withen the next couple of days.