PDA

View Full Version : LVL 10 Question

bravo647
01-08-2007, 02:35 PM
I remeber seeing a post on here about how the lvl 10 xvalve could change reactivity levels. I was just wondering if you guys have tips for lessening (or increasing) reactivity in the trigger on an xvalve level lvl 10 single trigger 'classic' automag. Thanks.

athomas
01-08-2007, 03:35 PM
Its no longer a classic automag if it has an X-valve.

You can increase the reactivity by increasing the air pressure getting to the valve. This can be achieved using an air source with a variable high pressure output. A fixed output tank can only have the output pressure increased by changing the springs.

Using the shortest bolt spring helps increase reactivity a bit. How much of an increase depends on your setup.

Using a shorter on-off pin will create the same effect as increased reactivity. You can add a level 10 shim or 2 between your on-off halves to simulate a shorter pin.

bravo647
01-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Perfect so adding or removing a shim can help to control reactivity. The problem i've been having is that its been fluctuating, one day i go and play and its not very reactive, the next time its almost too reactive. But thanks I should hopefully be able to control it and troubleshoot further from there.

Carbon Blue
01-08-2007, 05:13 PM
just incase your assuming wrong, adding a shim to your lvl10 will not increase reactiveness. He was talking about a ULT equipped mag. If im wrong, promptly ignore me :ninja: Reactivity can only be altered by increasing shim count in the ULT or increasing the ouput pressure of your tank. Most valves seem to go reactive anything north of 900 psi. Pretty much what athomas said :cheers:

athomas
01-08-2007, 05:44 PM
I was actually talking about the regular retro on-off assembly. You can put shims in between the on-off halves of the retro on-off assemblies as well. It also alters the effective pin length. You just can't put as many shims in as in the ULT.

Carbon Blue
01-08-2007, 06:02 PM
I was actually talking about the regular retro on-off assembly. You can put shims in between the on-off halves of the retro on-off assemblies as well. It also alters the effective pin length. You just can't put as many shims in as in the ULT.

i totally forgot about that, i stand corrected :hail: