PDA

View Full Version : Woot Woot!!!!!

punkncat
01-08-2007, 05:20 PM
My team just got a sponsorship for the 08 CFOA season. It will include all registration fees and all event paint. There is no performance clause.

We have been working for years to achieve this. I am wearing one HELL of a grin right now. The sponsor wanted to do it for the 07 season, but with recent roster problems and a personal injury they agreed to move to next year. That gives us the entire season to polish our roster and work together. And the real plus is that NOW we truly can offer good players a real reason to come on board.

craltal
01-08-2007, 06:04 PM
congrats!

MisterBones25
01-08-2007, 06:42 PM
:cheers: thats awsome. who's the sponsor?

punkncat
01-08-2007, 06:44 PM
congrats!

Thank you.

What makes this REALLY nice to us is that there is no performance clause. Meaning there is no reason to cheat in order to keep our sponsorship. We went into this with the mentality that win or loose we will not cheat. The sponsor knows this and it was what they were looking for. For us to go and be ambassadors to the sport and play, just for the sake of playing.
To go and be all the things we and others SHOULD be, even if it means finishing dead last.And above all to be good sports about it.

Triangle
01-08-2007, 06:46 PM
Sponsor?

punkncat
01-08-2007, 06:47 PM
:cheers: thats awsome. who's the sponsor?

We have been picked up by a new local paintball field. Actually by the financeer of the field.
Our Jersey's will sport the field name.

FARMER00
01-08-2007, 06:58 PM
cool but get the sponcorer to make up a contract for next year that way you wont be upset when they say no im sorry we dont need to do this lol
but that is awsome i wish there were more fields around me to get a sponcor with

punkncat
01-08-2007, 07:07 PM
:D

Won't happen. At least I hope not anyway....but I can put it this way. If they are unable to do it for us, there won't be anyone else doing it in our stead.

MoeMag
01-08-2007, 07:48 PM
:D

Won't happen. At least I hope not anyway....but I can put it this way. If they are unable to do it for us, there won't be anyone else doing it in our stead.

Beware. New Field. RED FLAG!

I speak from experience. In AZ we had a group of folks rip off one of our best teams that were competing in the '06 NPPL season. About the time of HB, the stuff hit the fan and they are still going to court over what happened.

Get it in writing
Get it signed

Money makes people greedy. I wish it wasn’t the case because I tend to like to give more credit to my fellow humans.

My mistake. My $0.02

But in the short term...

Congrats and good luck

CKY_Alliance
01-08-2007, 07:48 PM
They looking for a team to sponsor for the 07 season? Never hurts to ask.

punkncat
01-08-2007, 08:04 PM
Beware. New Field. RED FLAG!

I speak from experience. In AZ we had a group of folks rip off one of our best teams that were competing in the '06 NPPL season. About the time of HB, the stuff hit the fan and they are still going to court over what happened.

Get it in writing
Get it signed

Money makes people greedy. I wish it wasn’t the case because I tend to like to give more credit to my fellow humans.

My mistake. My $0.02

But in the short term...

Congrats and good luck

I do appreciate the heads up. The financeer is almost family to the team captain.
Most things happen not because of who you are, but who you know.

This whole thing is done as a targeted advertizing expense.

In the end it may not pan out for a multitude of reasons. But at the moment we have a pile of unused clay to work with and a hopeful promise.

68magOwner
01-08-2007, 09:12 PM
what team? What division cfoa? 5 man? xball? both? Congrats and best of luck.

punkncat
01-08-2007, 10:10 PM
what team? What division cfoa? 5 man? xball? both? Congrats and best of luck.

I know we will be playing 5man. Beyond that I don't know at this time. Considering that none of us have any "real" experiance in league play....we have just skrimmaged with really good teams for a long time and played paintball even longer....
We know quite a few people that have and do play in the CFOA, but (I) do not follow the specifics of what division they are.
We commonly skrimmage and play around with Last Call, Animosity, Vision, Dynamic, Slander, among others.

Three of this years upcoming CFOA events are happening at two of the fields we frequent, Classic in Lithia Springs, and Windy Hill here in McDonough.

BD_Paintball
01-08-2007, 11:10 PM
very nice

68magOwner
01-08-2007, 11:55 PM
Best of luck from all the guys on QCK.

mag_lover05
01-09-2007, 08:57 AM
thats always fun :clap: i trust your all toting mags on the field to? along with the no cheating mentality??