PDA

View Full Version : who knows what these are...

turbo chicken
01-08-2007, 09:23 PM
what are these and looks like something in may have to seek out for my p-mag project ... does it have a little tank in the stock or do you insert 21ies???

http://cgi.ebay.com/Set-2-Airgun-Designs-Micro-CA-II-Paintball-Gun-AutoMag_W0QQitemZ220068290234QQihZ012QQcategoryZ47 241QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem (ebay link)

:headbang: this smilie rules

going_home
01-08-2007, 09:35 PM
what are these and looks like something in may have to seek out for my p-mag project ... does it have a little tank in the stock or do you insert 21ies???

http://cgi.ebay.com/Set-2-Airgun-Designs-Micro-CA-II-Paintball-Gun-AutoMag_W0QQitemZ220068290234QQihZ012QQcategoryZ47 241QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem (ebay link)

:headbang: this smilie rules

They are for pump markers. They are a T stock with a 12 gram changer built in.
:wow:

turbo chicken
01-08-2007, 09:49 PM
Calling out to RRFireblade !!! i need to know your little tricks to make my minimag more 12ie efficient ... i remember a small tidbit about it on SCP but i cant find it now ... forget it ill just email you...

ok so it's just a lever changer ... it will look great on my p-mag ... but I have to get the pump kit first ...some cosmetic stuff ...then modify a valve ... then the stock and then finally enter it in MOTM late this summer...

perfection takes time :cheers:

RRfireblade
01-08-2007, 10:09 PM
In simplest terms, take the valve body apart and devolumize the chamber. Then re-calibrate the reg to run at higher pressures till you get the FPS you need. . . Cake. ;)

That's a start. :cheers:

doc_Zox
01-08-2007, 11:31 PM
http://premium1.uploadit.org/docZox/PB/tacmag05.jpg

an inline Palmer Stabilizer helps the valve from freezing up

i get 20 shots from a 12 gram at ~ 1 second

Triangle
01-08-2007, 11:42 PM
http://premium1.uploadit.org/docZox/PB/tacmag05.jpg

an inline Palmer Stabilizer helps the valve from freezing up

i get 20 shots from a 12 gram at ~ 1 second

I'm liking that aimpoint.

turbo chicken
01-09-2007, 08:46 AM
In simplest terms, take the valve body apart and devolumize the chamber. Then re-calibrate the reg to run at higher pressures till you get the FPS you need. . . Cake. ;)

That's a start. :cheers:

Thanks ... devolumizing should be easy enough ... the only question is should I use something removeable or something permanent to take up the space???

Recalibrating the reg hmmmm ... guess it's finally time to learn the ins and outs of how a reg operates ...

Does anyone have any good links on how a reg operates ... I have found general info but looking for something a little more technical like the math involved ... it's probably too much information, but completely understanding how the reg works first will make this alot easier than learning the hard way as I go along.

doc_Zox
01-09-2007, 09:06 AM
back in the day, Tom Kaye optimized the automag to run on 12 grams
cause 12 grams were all there were to run a marker.

a stock classic valve should be good to go

turbo chicken
01-09-2007, 09:16 AM

im looking to improve what is already there i want in the neighborhood of 35 shots per 12ie... i'd be happy with 30 good shots then the FPS tapering off at that point ...

and some good info on warpig specifically to the mag so ... ill have lotsa questions after reading.

ok after reading the regulator section ... stronger regulator spring = higher output pressure .... but that just seems too simple ...

ok back to the lab!!!muahhhaaahahahaa

doc_Zox
01-09-2007, 11:23 AM
you want to exceed Tom Kaye's design parameters for CO2 volume conservation...

and run a pneumag on a 12 gram?

http://premium1.uploadit.org/docZox//Borat.jpg
i wish you great success!

RRfireblade
01-09-2007, 02:53 PM

You ever run a stock valve on a 12g? :eek:

Even Sydarms are lucky to break 20 shots per cart. ( I have 2 btw) A classic is good for bearly more than 15.

With a complete retune and some additional changes , I'm regularly getting 34-35 shots per 12vie. I think there's a little room to go from stock.;)

Keep in mind , I'm talking about a SC pump configuration. That and I'm used to mid 40s from most of my other pump set ups since I run SC exclusively. Efficiency is more critical.

But it does take some real precise tuning for reliable all around performance.

RRfireblade
01-09-2007, 02:55 PM
you want to exceed Tom Kaye's design parameters for CO2 volume conservation...

and run a pneumag on a 12 gram?

i wish you great success!

Unless I'm mistaken , in this case P-Mag = Pump Mag.

doc_Zox
01-09-2007, 03:36 PM
i guess i need to mind me P's & Q's

:D

turbo chicken
01-09-2007, 04:06 PM
Unless I'm mistaken , in this case P-Mag = Pump Mag.

Yup Yup ... after some more reading ... looks like new internals for the reg may be in order ... longer regulator nut ...spring pack ... which leaves me to ask ... what pressure does the piston vent off at ... will i need a new piston?? ...centerflag has lotsa parts that look like they might just drop in ...

- permanently filling the chamber between the reg and powertube with solder(so it can be removed if need be)and leaving just the hole for air to pass thru ...

RRfireblade
01-09-2007, 06:19 PM
I'd find something to put in the chamber. I mill a delrin sleeve to fit. You can't fill the whole chamber , due to the blow forward design , chamber pressure drops off quickly as the PT shaft extends. There's one other key that has to be address to take it further. It's really not a DIYer beyond that point. Your going to have to add and chrono and such till you find a good compromise w/ acceptable FPS.

That's kinda the efficiency nut needed to crack with the mag valve design to start with. Now . . . say for instance you had a 2 peice bolt design the changed that relationship between the . . . Uh . . .never mind.

(Drastically scrambles to get the lid back on the can before any worms get out. :ninja: )

RRfireblade
01-09-2007, 06:20 PM
i guess i need to mind me P's & Q's

:D

Don't be silly . . . let the Ps and Qs fly.

turbo chicken
01-09-2007, 06:51 PM
I'd find something to put in the chamber. I mill a delrin sleeve to fit. You can't fill the whole chamber , due to the blow forward design , chamber pressure drops off quickly as the PT shaft extends. There's one other key that has to be address to take it further. It's really not a DIYer beyond that point. Your going to have to add and chrono and such till you find a good compromise w/ acceptable FPS.

That's kinda the efficiency nut needed to crack with the mag valve design to start with. Now . . . say for instance you had a 2 peice bolt design the changed that relationship between the . . . Uh . . .never mind.

(Drastically scrambles to get the lid back on the can before any worms get out. :ninja: )

I will completely ignore :ninja: the second part of the post till i get as far as I can modifying the reg and finding just the right amount of area to plug up in the chamber...
I've got way more info that i even wanted at this point anyways ... ill dewlve into other things that can be done after i get stuck!!

Luckily the PB store is < a mile from the house and i don't have to go far to use a crono/tools to make that happen.

turbo chicken
01-18-2007, 09:59 AM
Fireblade ... don't think your are in the clear yet ... i haven't forgotten about the can of worms you almost spilled ... you will be questioned about it at a later date ...

but in the mean time ... where can one purchase a small amount of delrin for the "devolumization" procedure.

Anyone got a long reg nut and other misc reg parts in the bottom of their box o' junk they could donate... or ill pay if you insist ...