PDA

View Full Version : Xmag grip frame size, screws?

echoback
01-08-2007, 11:49 PM
I'm looking to get some sticky grips for my Xmag. Unfortunately I know better than to expect a perfect fit, but is there one set that is closer than the rest? The Spyder set turned out to be about three-quarters of an inch too short, and too thin front-to-back as well. I'll probably just end up taking my 'mag and playing with the various fits, but does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks

echoback
01-15-2007, 12:28 AM
Okay, I actually took my Xmag into the pro shop today and played with the various grips. The Spyder grips fit pretty well after I actually tried to get them on, instead of just looking at them. The grips are tight enough that you have to kind of pull and shimmy them on, but they do fit over the Xmag's grip frame... I am currently not using screws, because it is that tight.

The new grip is really great, I love being able to get a nice, firm base really easily. Plus it's much more comfortable than the standard grip, not to mention it stands up to paintballs quite a bit better.

There is a downside, the sticky grips don't entirely cover the openings in the frame, so I'm going to have to rig up some anti-paintball covering for it. Also, the grips cover the LED display so you can't really change stuff on the field, but that's not really a problem.

Any suggestions to close up the cracks between the grip and the frame? Non-permanent, of course.