PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP!!!!!!!! Tank Regulator Questions

Wicked_Silence
01-09-2007, 12:01 AM
Hey guys. I've been banging my head over this for about 2 months now and have gotten nowhere fast.

I have 2 47/3000 tanks both with Centerflag regs on them. I can't find any specs or info on either reg.

The first Reg is a Centerflag 400 series 3000 PSI reg. I've been told in passing that this reg can be changed from HP to LP by swapping a spring in the reg. Is this true as I've looked high and low for any info either denying this or confirming it and if so, where can I buy the other springs? If you could give me links to the info so I can see it for myself, that would be fantastic. I would also like to know if there is anyway to see what the output pressure of the reg is currently at short of filling it up and sticking it on a gun with an input pressure gauge?

The Second Reg is a Hyper Flow 400 series 3000 PSI reg. The same questions apply to this reg as the first.

Lastly, I have a crossfire LP reg that the threads are messed up on. I've emailed crossfire about it and all I get from them is that it shouldn't be possible as all their regs use the standard gauge threading. Well I've told them that I've tried it on at least 10 different ASA's and it fits on none of them. They told me that the ASA's were at fault. It's hard to beleive that at least 10 ASA's that will allow any other tank we try to thread in without a problem are at fault and that this 1 crossfire reg is not to blame. My question on this one is, is it possible to fix the threads on the crossfire reg, can I buy the top portion with the threading needed like we can with the centerflag regs, can I get it re-tapped?

Any help is greatly appreciated and any info given will be taken into advisement as its more then I'd be getting from the manufacturer's of these 'FINE' regs.

d4m4don3
01-10-2007, 06:51 PM
Hey guys. I've been banging my head over this for about 2 months now and have gotten nowhere fast.

I have 2 47/3000 tanks both with Centerflag regs on them. I can't find any specs or info on either reg.

The first Reg is a Centerflag 400 series 3000 PSI reg. I've been told in passing that this reg can be changed from HP to LP by swapping a spring in the reg. Is this true as I've looked high and low for any info either denying this or confirming it and if so, where can I buy the other springs? If you could give me links to the info so I can see it for myself, that would be fantastic. I would also like to know if there is anyway to see what the output pressure of the reg is currently at short of filling it up and sticking it on a gun with an input pressure gauge?

The Second Reg is a Hyper Flow 400 series 3000 PSI reg. The same questions apply to this reg as the first.

Lastly, I have a crossfire LP reg that the threads are messed up on. I've emailed crossfire about it and all I get from them is that it shouldn't be possible as all their regs use the standard gauge threading. Well I've told them that I've tried it on at least 10 different ASA's and it fits on none of them. They told me that the ASA's were at fault. It's hard to beleive that at least 10 ASA's that will allow any other tank we try to thread in without a problem are at fault and that this 1 crossfire reg is not to blame. My question on this one is, is it possible to fix the threads on the crossfire reg, can I buy the top portion with the threading needed like we can with the centerflag regs, can I get it re-tapped?

Any help is greatly appreciated and any info given will be taken into advisement as its more then I'd be getting from the manufacturer's of these 'FINE' regs.

Why not try calling Dennis Ashley and the crew at Centerflag? They'd be the best people for a solution for your questions to your centerflag regs. E-mailing centerflag won't get you much of a response but a telephone call would net you a lot of info.

Can't help you much with your Crossy though. I just bought one myself. It's 45/45 with the older heavy reg which I plan to change out with a 420SV. :)