PDA

View Full Version : What's the best time for an eBay auction to end?

bajafx4
01-09-2007, 01:31 PM
Just like the title says. Since most people bid on an item during the last few minutes, I was wondering what the best time would be to set up an eBay auction to end.

Please take into consideration time zones. I'm in Michigan so the west coast is 3 hours behind me.

I generally set my auctions up to end on Sundays at 11:00pm EST Michigan time so they will end at 8:00pm on the west coast. I figure there should be a lot of people on their computers on Sunday nights.

Basically I guess what I'd like to know is, what is the busiest time for the internet?

Any ideas?

zackzel
01-09-2007, 01:43 PM
For my actions I usually like to end them on weekends around 10-11pm Eastern Standard time, or weekdays around 8-9pm eastern time. I find people go to bed earlier on the weekdays. And it also depends on what your selling if your selling something that the elderly will be buying I would have my acution end sunday around noon.

rx2
01-09-2007, 01:50 PM
I have had my greatest success setting them up in a similar manner as you. It seems Sunday evening provides a lot of free time for people to bid without distractions.

Ydna
01-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Second that. it's a basic seling method that many people forget, and it costs them money.