PDA

View Full Version : A moral issue.

neppo1345
01-09-2007, 10:45 PM
This year at school, I was randomly paired with a kid as a roomate in my apartment building. (I had a house lined up with friends but things went sour)

He refuses to even carry on a conversation longer than two sentences with me. Lord knows I've tried.

I shop for myself, cook for myself, and clean the apartment. Store all my refridgerated goods in the refridgerator and all my dry goods in the cupboard. He brought his own fridge for his room and stores everything in there. The only thing he uses in the common area is the freezer. We never made any kind of foodsharing agreement.

Today I found out he's been stealing my peanut butter...

I had two jars, one full, (unopened) and one almost empty. I go to make a sandwich tonight and the unopened jar is opened and half gone, the almost empty jar is untouched and still there.

I have not eaten peanut butter since I purchased the second jar.

So tonight I made my sandwich, brought the almost empty jar into my room for the next sandwich I make, and thought.

I then opened up the half empty jar, pissed in it, mixed it up, and put it back. You can't smell it, can't see it, and so far it hasn't settled to the top.

But I know it's there.

Am I wrong AO?

Tunaman
01-09-2007, 10:48 PM
no. You did the right thing. Except after he eats it, then tell him. Then shove the jar down his throat and tell him that if he ever touches your stuff without asking again there will be hell to pay...or worse. ;)

Eagle
01-09-2007, 10:51 PM
gotta agree with Tuna here. Just try not to forget yourself :D

grEnAlEins
01-09-2007, 11:13 PM
Just try not to forget yourself :D
:spit_take Now that would be hilarious! :rofl:

I say go for it neppo, I would even go so far as to make a sandwich for him. Be sure to do it with a smile on your face :D

bentothejam1n
01-09-2007, 11:17 PM
go for it

neppo1345
01-09-2007, 11:18 PM
:spit_take Now that would be hilarious! :rofl:

I say go for it neppo, I would even go so far as to make a sandwich for him. Be sure to do it with a smile on your face :D

Oh, I already did it about an hour ago (before the post was made).

This was more of a "should I feel bad?"

bentothejam1n
01-09-2007, 11:23 PM

hah for like the past five parties ive been at i think ive peed in the same girls drink like five times. she still doesnt know it was me. The way i justify it to myself is "if that person was stranded without water they would have to drink their own pee". so in a way im just preparing them if they get lost and stranded with no water

grEnAlEins
01-09-2007, 11:34 PM

"Ah, Don't feel bad"
"Gee, I never thought of it like that."

Desega
01-10-2007, 12:28 AM
:hail:

WaffleBaron
01-10-2007, 12:56 AM
I'm sure others here have done something comparable or worse. I know I have... :D

Lenny
01-10-2007, 01:21 AM
Laxitives in brownies are always a good one, too. :cool:
And toothpaste in place of an Oreo's filling.
And a sheet of cardboard in the middle of a pancake.

...Yeah. Don't feel bad. :D

Thordic
01-10-2007, 08:15 AM
We pissed in my roomates iced tea and his shampoo when I was in college. Don't worry about it.

Altimas
01-10-2007, 08:28 AM
We peed in supersoakers and then shot at cars with their windows down as they drove by a few times as kids. We'd always laugh our asses off until they hit the brakes don the road and started to turn around. then we'd hightail it to the woods.

neppo1345
01-10-2007, 08:57 AM
Laxitives in brownies are always a good one, too. :cool:
And toothpaste in place of an Oreo's filling.
And a sheet of cardboard in the middle of a pancake.

...Yeah. Don't feel bad. :D

I was going for subtle...

Ive pissed in closets, corners of rooms, and on cars to be a dick before...

It's just that this is the first time ever pissing into something someone would consume.

/could have been worse
//could have been jesus juice

hipster
01-10-2007, 10:57 AM
don,t feel bad I had someone who always helped him self to no end in the refrig he had a thing for pickles so we all filled the jars with piss -he never even noticed

Altimas
01-10-2007, 11:25 AM
Were they Dill or Sweet pickles? ...And yes its important I know.

havocx
01-10-2007, 12:10 PM
What you need to remember is the piss is the most sterile thing the body produces. I work construction and when the dry wallers piss you off by closing a wall in before its inspected or doing stupid stuff you get them back. they have this great habit of put the drywall screws in their mouth so things happen to the screws when nobody is looking. The worst thing I've heard of is a guy pooping in their drywall mud(already mixed stuff) covering it so they got a surprise.

To the drywallers in the community I've never personally done this just heard of it or witnessed but never participated

behemoth
01-10-2007, 12:18 PM
tim.

you are my hero.

that is all.

neppo1345
01-10-2007, 12:28 PM
What you need to remember is the piss is the most sterile thing the body produces.

I don't care HOW sterile it is...

I still wouldn't want it in my peanut butter.

behemoth
01-10-2007, 12:30 PM
I don't care HOW sterile it is...

I still wouldn't want it in my peanut butter.

...i think he missed the point.

Altimas
01-10-2007, 12:37 PM
Yeah I heard you can clean a wound with it...

But seriously on the pickles were they Sweet or Dill?

behemoth
01-10-2007, 12:49 PM
Yeah I heard you can clean a wound with it...

But seriously on the pickles were they Sweet or Dill?

Why the hell does it matter? They were piss-pickles.

grEnAlEins
01-10-2007, 12:55 PM
Why the hell does it matter? They were piss-pickles.
depending on the pickle type they were either delectable or disgusting piss pickles :p At least, I think that is where this is going :confused:
Dill>Sweet any day of the week.

behemoth
01-10-2007, 01:20 PM
depending on the pickle type they were either delectable or disgusting piss pickles :p At least, I think that is where this is going :confused:
Dill>Sweet any day of the week.

polish dill > sweet > kosher dill

teufelhunden
01-10-2007, 01:32 PM
I should point out, given the title of this thread, that the best morals are flexible.

Piss on, good sir.

surfbum
01-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Am I wrong AO?

no

grEnAlEins
01-10-2007, 01:40 PM
polish dill > kosher dill> sweet
fixed ;)

behemoth
01-10-2007, 01:42 PM
fixed ;)

Meh, i enjoy a sweet one every once in a while.

grEnAlEins
01-10-2007, 01:47 PM
Meh, i enjoy a sweet one every once in a while.
I guess I am just not partial to the sweet pickle. It may be different if it were a sweet piss pickle as opposed to a dill piss pickle, but I am not about to try it.

Back on topic... Did he enjoy the sandwich? :p

behemoth
01-10-2007, 01:49 PM
I guess I am just not partial to the sweet pickle. It may be different if it were a sweet piss pickle as opposed to a dill piss pickle, but I am not about to try it.

Back on topic... Did he enjoy the sandwich? :p

I think you like "piss-pickles" a litte too much...

dave p
01-10-2007, 01:58 PM
well, not to be a wet blanket here but:

putting your body fluids on, or in someone without consent is pretty heavy. could be considered assault. its not a punishment suitable to something that petty. it also displays your lack of desire/balls/courage or whatever to just confront him about it. its pretty chickensh*t actually.

in todays day and age, body fluids are no joke. so yes, you do have a moral dilemma.

behemoth
01-10-2007, 01:59 PM

putting your body fluids on, or in someone without consent is pretty heavy. could be considered assault. its not a punishment suitable to something that petty. it also displays your lack of desire/balls/courage or whatever to just confront him about it. its pretty chickensh*t actually.

in todays day and age, body fluids are no joke. so yes, you do have a moral dilemma.

10 bucks says this guy ate something with bodily fluids in/on it.

mushy cookie anyone?

neppo1345
01-10-2007, 02:07 PM

Well see, the thing is this:

It is my peanut butter.

So technically he would need my consent to put my bodily fluids on or in him, that is as long as they're contained in my peanut butter.

grEnAlEins
01-10-2007, 02:15 PM

mushy cookie anyone?
:spit_take :rofl:

Seriously though, a lot of places do actually have on record in their statutes items concerning assault with bodily fluids. I doubt this would qualify though, as there is no direct assault. He only put his fluids in his peanut butter. That could just be what floats Neppo's boat as far as the law is concerned. If said roommate were to steal and consume said fluidized peanut butter, the roommate would be at fault. It may not be a moral/ethical argument, but could likely hold up with the right litigator/judge/jury due to the fact that he did not apply fluids directly to the roommate or the roommate's property. Is this a stupid/silly/juvenile thing to do? Yes it is. Could it be criminal? Maybe. Is it still kinda funny? Depends on your sense of humor. Was it worth it? IDK, never done it. Ask Neppo. If he were served peanut butter cups, peanut butter pie, peanut butter cookies, etc, would it bring a whole new meaning to just desserts? Yes, I believe it would :spit_take [I maked a pun :D ]

grEnAlEins
01-10-2007, 02:16 PM

It is my peanut butter.

So technically he would need my consent to put my bodily fluids on or in him, that is as long as they're contained in my peanut butter.
You beat me to it... RAPSCALLION :mad: :cuss: :p

dave p
01-10-2007, 02:22 PM

mushy cookie anyone?

maybe your intimacy with the op's bodily fluids prompts you to jump to his defense?

10$ says you have no idea what you are talking about.

dave p
01-10-2007, 02:38 PM

It is my peanut butter.

and you are indeed right about that. i wasnt too hung up on the legal aspect of. it was a side thought.

listen chief, i have been far from an angel in my life. these types of revenge do have a certain appeal, but its really not a very good way to handle it. but you do what you want.

and if people are going to get on me for saying so too freakin bad and no skin off my tail.

neppo1345
01-10-2007, 02:43 PM
:Was it worth it? IDK, never done it. Ask Neppo.

I'll let you know when I walk in and see him taking a bite of a sandwich.

OH WAIT, he doesn't even eat in the kitchen. He eats everything in his room.

Dave, where you referring to behemoth being familiar with my bodily fluids?

grEnAlEins
01-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Dave, where you referring to behemoth being familiar with my bodily fluids?
Are you acknowledging said familiarity? Because that would not be cool :p

EDIT: What kind of peanut butter was it? Brand?

neppo1345
01-10-2007, 02:52 PM
Are you acknowledging said familiarity? Because that would not be cool :p

EDIT: What kind of peanut butter was it? Brand?

http://www.metropoleparis.com/2004/943/club944c.jpg

grEnAlEins
01-10-2007, 02:54 PM
Jif is the best, save that particular jar of course :p

neppo1345
01-10-2007, 02:57 PM
Jif is the best, save that particular jar of course :p

JIF FTW

don miguel
01-10-2007, 04:23 PM
yeah, he might beat you up or something? that's what I would do if someone pissed in my peanut butter. i think it's funny and all that, but I would have put salt in it. I did that once, I put a whole salt shaker of salt in a jar of peanut butter, mixed it up, made the sandwich, and gave it to my friend. It took him about 4 bites before he noticed. It was pretty funny.

kosmo
01-10-2007, 04:45 PM
yeah, he might beat you up or something? that's what I would do if someone pissed in my peanut butter. i think it's funny and all that, but I would have put salt in it. I did that once, I put a whole salt shaker of salt in a jar of peanut butter, mixed it up, made the sandwich, and gave it to my friend. It took him about 4 bites before he noticed. It was pretty funny.

Why arent you dead yet?

grEnAlEins
01-10-2007, 04:49 PM
that's what I would do if someone pissed in my peanut butter.
It is not the roommates peanut butter... neppo peed in his own peanut butter.

iambored
01-10-2007, 06:26 PM
i rule that:
you bought the peanut butter.
you own the peanut butter
And futher more, it is <big><i>your</i></big> peanut butter to pee in.

This means that if someone steals your peanut butter it is there fault if they dont like the ingredeents(sp?)

grEnAlEins
01-10-2007, 06:32 PM
i rule that:
you bought the peanut butter.
you own the peanut butter
And futher more, it is <big><i>your</i></big> peanut butter to pee in.

This means that if someone steals your peanut butter it is there fault if they dont like the ingredeents(sp?)
I agree, as stated above. However, in the interest of playing devil's advocate...
The peeor( :confused: ) knew that the pee-ee ( :confused: :confused: ) was stealing and consuming said food product. Placing bodily fluids in said item is similar to... oh, I don't know... setting a booby trap for burglars in your own house, which is actually ILLEGAL, and criminally so, in most jurisdictions. We do live in a system of precedents, so this argument is dangerous. There is some food (urine free I might add {uh-ohdo I mean free of urine, or the urine is free? Bwa-haha}) for thought.

iambored
01-10-2007, 06:34 PM
I agree, as stated above. However, in the interest of playing devil's advocate...
The peeor( :confused: ) knew that the pee-ee ( :confused: :confused: ) was stealing and consuming said food product. Placing bodily fluids in said item is similar to... oh, I don't know... setting a booby trap for burglars in your own house, which is actually ILLEGAL, and criminally so, in most jurisdictions. There is some food (urine free I might add {uh-ohdo I mean free of urine, or the urine is free? Bwa-haha}) for thought.
Well then neppo can eat one bite of urinated peanut butter so it isn't a trap but someone who has different tastes

CKY_Alliance
01-10-2007, 06:50 PM
Bahaha....o man

Is your computer in a place where he would easily see it?Or do you have a laptop you could easly leave on a table or something..

Leave this thread up on your screen ...so he just happens to come across it or print it out.

-oh after the PB is all gone of course.

behemoth
01-10-2007, 08:38 PM
maybe your intimacy with the op's bodily fluids prompts you to jump to his defense?

10$ says you have no idea what you are talking about.

I wasnt jumping to his defense, in the least bit.

His story was funny, you had to get all moral on us.

$10 says you're a moron.

FooTemps
01-11-2007, 01:17 AM
and you are indeed right about that. i wasnt too hung up on the legal aspect of. it was a side thought.

listen chief, i have been far from an angel in my life. these types of revenge do have a certain appeal, but its really not a very good way to handle it. but you do what you want.

and if people are going to get on me for saying so too freakin bad and no skin off my tail.

Look, get off your high-horse soapbox. You haven't been an angel so you shouldn't be talking anyway.

We know it's not a very mature or effective way to deal with it, but neppo can ACTUALLY resolve the problem anytime he wants. It's just more fun doing this first before he talks to his roommate.

Gitaroo Man
01-11-2007, 01:34 AM
So....you don't get along with your room mate and he does nothing wrong except take your peanut butter....once. Then...before confronting him about it you do this...good job.. :rolleyes:

Glickman
01-11-2007, 02:07 AM
So....you don't get along with your room mate and he does nothing wrong except take your peanut butter....once. Then...before confronting him about it you do this...good job.. :rolleyes:

i duyno man, it sounds like a solid idae.

Gitaroo Man
01-11-2007, 02:49 AM
yeah if his room mate actually did something that was worth it to demand this kind of response.

Swampy
01-11-2007, 03:07 AM
yeah if his room mate actually did something that was worth it to demand this kind of response.

yeah its HIS peanut butter, you can live that crap for month off it alone.

\has anyone else had their way with a jar of Mayo like I did? :eek:
\It took my drunk "butt" about 10 min to type this.

grEnAlEins
01-11-2007, 08:47 AM
So....you don't get along with your room mate and he does nothing wrong except take your peanut butter....once.
It sounds like more than once as half of the un-opened jar was MIA IIRC. Unless that kid ate all that in one sitting, in which case he probably also stole neppo's water/OJ/milk/what have you :D

PyRo
01-11-2007, 09:21 AM
My advice...
Do whatever you deem necessary. Just don't post it on the internet, don't tell anyone, just smile to yourself. What no one knows you can't be held liable for.

turbo chicken
01-11-2007, 10:00 AM
great stuff don't feel bad ...

dave p
01-11-2007, 10:24 AM

$10 says you're a moron.

my money still is on you dont know what you are talking about.

Look, get off your high-horse soapbox. You haven't been an angel so you shouldn't be talking anyway.

We know it's not a very mature or effective way to deal with it, but neppo can ACTUALLY resolve the problem anytime he wants. It's just more fun doing this first before he talks to his roommate.

again i say too freakin bad and no skin off my tail.

Gitaroo Man
01-11-2007, 01:45 PM
It sounds like more than once as half of the un-opened jar was MIA IIRC. Unless that kid ate all that in one sitting, in which case he probably also stole neppo's water/OJ/milk/what have you :D

maybe he should confront him first before being an idiot.

grEnAlEins
01-11-2007, 01:52 PM
maybe he should confront him first before being an idiot.
sure, that would be more responsible/responsible etc... but it would have made for a less interesting read :p
I would never do something like this. I would have confronted the roommate, but different strokes for different folks, I guess :D

FooTemps
01-11-2007, 02:50 PM
again i say too freakin bad and no skin off my tail.

too bad about what? I was just saying it makes things more interesting this way, it's not like I was attacking you for trying to take the high road. (which OP should have done first... on the second offense of theft is a different story)

dave p
01-11-2007, 03:20 PM
too bad about what? I was just saying it makes things more interesting this way, it's not like I was attacking you for trying to take the high road. (which OP should have done first... on the second offense of theft is a different story)

i see what you are saying. understood. :)
ok, back to real life now where none of this matters.

FooTemps
01-11-2007, 06:26 PM
i see what you are saying. understood. :)
ok, back to real life now where none of this matters.

exactly! how's the weather?

olinar
01-11-2007, 07:10 PM
this is a great thread.but in all honesty if someone stole my peanut butter or something similiar i wouldve put something else in it.not something he wouldnt notice.probably lots of exlax or estrogen.idk your idea is good too.

CKY_Alliance
01-11-2007, 07:30 PM
this is a great thread.but in all honesty if someone stole my peanut butter or something similiar i wouldve put something else in it.not something he wouldnt notice.probably lots of exlax or estrogen.idk your idea is good too.

Theres always the next jar...or that one.

jenarelJAM
01-12-2007, 12:54 AM
Wow, this has been one of the funniest reads in a long time. Thank you neppo :clap:

And I wouldn't feel too bad about it. Heck, when I go off to college and get a roommate, I fully expect to be pranked every once in awhile. The fact that you've got a reason only makes it better :P

Is it mature? No. Is it responsible? No. Do kids do stuff like this? Yes. Is it hurting anyone? Not really. The guy will probably be grossed out, but it shouldn't be a big deal.

Gitaroo Man
01-12-2007, 02:05 AM
Except they're not friends so it's not really pranking...pranking is meant to be taken in stride and to be fun. You expect to be pranked back and its all good. This is a bit different considering they aren't friends so it's not really pranking...

ScatterPlot
01-12-2007, 03:25 AM
Except they're not friends so it's not really pranking...pranking is meant to be taken in stride and to be fun. You expect to be pranked back and its all good. This is a bit different considering they aren't friends so it's not really pranking...
Didn't see the date of the OP, but has he eaten it yet? Make sure and let us know when he does.

Lenny
01-12-2007, 03:57 AM

$10 says you're a moron.

$10 says I don't have $10!!!

:tard: