PDA

View Full Version : EMAG with Warp powered off internal battery and Intellifeed

rbreding
01-01-2002, 11:47 AM
Before anyone responds, I have searched the formum to no avail to find a solution. Some people have reported the same problem but I can't find a resolution:

I have wired my EMAG to tap power off the internal battery. This has been wired into a 7812 12V regulator and then sent to the warp. It spins the warp fine. I then connected the Intellifeed cable supplied by AGD to the warp. The problem is it continues to spin without shutting off.

I have also tried plugging in a regular 9V battery to the warp with the Intellifeed and it works correctly, fire, spin, fire, spin, etc.

So I thought maybe I had a bad 7812. Bought a couple more and I have the same result. It continues to spin. So it doesn't seem to be bad 7812's.

Anyone have any suggestions ?

rbreding
01-01-2002, 12:08 PM
Oh, and my jumper settings are the left 3 for duration, and bottom 2 for the intellifeed port.

BlackVCG
01-01-2002, 02:07 PM
First, try turning the blue pot ALL the way down. If that doesn't work, in the block of three jumpers, pull the bottom jumper so there's only one jumper in the middle.

rbreding
01-01-2002, 07:22 PM
I have tried the POT in both directions with no effect.

I also tried removing the 3rd jumper (bottom one) and it still spins. It also spins continously without the intellifeed plugged in.

I did however notice that the warp stopped spinning when the end of the intellifeed cable came into contact with the end of the female receptacle on the warp. This was noticed before the above changes were made and also after.

Is it possible for the warp to have too much voltage and not be able to respond to the intellifeed ? Like I said before if I use just a 9V battery the intellifeed works just fine, whereas with the 12V regulated juice it continues to spin?

rbreding
01-02-2002, 09:42 PM
bump bump bump

headcase
01-02-2002, 10:23 PM
I was having the same problem with my mod'd revy. I'm assuming that you checked the output from the reg with a mulitmeter?

I never got an answer to my problem either, but I did find out that my Warp interconnect port on my E-mag board was shot, so my trouble shooting is on hold until my marker comes back.

Good luck and keep me informed if you get it working the right way.

rbreding
01-03-2002, 09:41 PM
Bump again.....help the poor man out here.....

I will get a multimeter and check the output. if it is pushing more than 12V could that cause the problem ?

headcase
01-03-2002, 10:29 PM
I honestly don't know, but it would be a way to tell if the reg is working correctly, and the warp board isn't made to handle more than 12v...so if the reg was bad, and you fed the board to much power it might have blown...but I really don't know.

RobAGD
01-04-2002, 12:08 AM
OK I'll cover a bunch of stuff here.

#1 all this stuff voids your AGD warrentee on the electronics.

Next.

Your tapping 18v to 12v and the warp spins because it is too sensitive. More voltage makes it that way.

So unscrew the PCB from teh warp and pull outthe 2 springs that touch the sensor and now test the set up and see how that works for you.

I have also found that gear noise will cause some run on. I get a bit more gear noise when I have paint in the warp so I have used some heavy non oil based grease ( dow 33 ) to spooge up the gears a tad and kill some of teh transiant noise in my Warps.

When you build you 12v regs you need to put some 100mF caps across BOTH the input and out put, these act a bit like line conditioners and they solved most of my power related problems.

-Robert

rbreding
01-04-2002, 07:35 AM
Thanks Robert....I assumed already that the warantee on my WARP was already voided when I started..heh :)

Let me try what you suggested...Do you have a RS part # for those caps ?

BlackVCG
01-04-2002, 12:27 PM
Get your parts through www.digikey.com

RS parts have low QC.

AGD
01-05-2002, 11:10 PM
I had the exact same problem today on one of the Butterscotch Yo guns and we fixed it with caps on the regulator. Works great now!

AGD

rbreding
01-06-2002, 12:06 AM
Thanks for the info Tom....do you happen to have the specifics on those caps ? I have no idea which ones to get from RS or anywhere else for that matter....

Thanks again!!!

rbreding
01-07-2002, 05:50 PM
Anyone Know ?:confused:

RobAGD
01-07-2002, 09:20 PM
100 micro farads I belive is what I used.

-Robert

MajorDamage
01-08-2002, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by AGD
I had the exact same problem today on one of the Butterscotch Yo guns and we fixed it with caps on the regulator. Works great now!

AGD
Whats a "Butterscotch Yo gun"? :confused: I am confused lol(as if you couldn't tell by the smiley hehe)

ENDO!