PDA

View Full Version : X Mag ACE boards - why are some many of them not working?

cledford
01-10-2007, 06:19 AM
I'm in the market for an Xmag and it seems a number of them are available, without a working ACE. What gives? Why are the ACEs breaking - is there something that wears out, or is mishandling or accidents during dissassembly?

thanks,

-Calvin

RRfireblade
01-10-2007, 08:00 AM
I think the majority of them is user error , do to the fact that for some reason the ACE regularly goes out of calibration.

You can almost always get it to work but they always seem to be unreliable and needing of adjustment daily.

I guess that didn't really answer your question. :)

Why that is I don't know. I don't think bottom of the breach is the best location for a reflective eye and I feel like the adjustment on it is far to sensitive.

BigEvil
01-10-2007, 08:44 AM
The Xmod software makes ACE calibration about 1,000,000 times easier. People who think they have bad aces are now like WOW it works!!.

In my case, I never have to mess with it, and I have never once had an issue with it. I must be one of the luck ones.

thomas
01-10-2007, 10:03 AM
Out of curiousity what would NIB ACE boards be worth if a certain individual had access to a couple? ;)

BigEvil
01-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Out of curiousity what would NIB ACE boards be worth if a certain individual had access to a couple? ;)

ABout $130 - $140ISH

Ydna
01-10-2007, 12:20 PM
I'd like to get a hold of one eventually so I can check the functionality with one of my beam-break converters. It's work okay but it's a question of making a reliable install for the gun...

MANN
01-10-2007, 12:36 PM
I have read that there is a member here that can sometimes fix the bad ace boards. Does anyone know who that is??

cyrus-the-virus
01-10-2007, 12:44 PM
Why hasen't anyone made NEW ACE boards for those of us with E-mag's milled for eye's.

please

grEnAlEins
01-10-2007, 12:48 PM
I have read that there is a member here that can sometimes fix the bad ace boards. Does anyone know who that is??
is it dive? IIRC he is from APE and they were gonna maybe make an ace board. IDK if that is still the case though...

BigEvil
01-10-2007, 01:00 PM

Grazymoto. He has a thread somewhere... I picked up two from him. I think A-tach-one bought like 47 of them or something like that, but thats just what I heard. :D

cyrus-the-virus
01-10-2007, 01:02 PM
Grazymoto. He has a thread somewhere... I picked up two from him. I think A-tach-one bought like 47 of them or something like that, but thats just what I heard. :D

I want one :(

kevdupuis
01-10-2007, 01:25 PM
I don't even know if the ace board in my wifes' X even works, she never has it turned on.

cyrus-the-virus
01-10-2007, 07:15 PM
I don't even know if the ace board in my wifes' X even works, she never has it turned on.

I'll buy it from you....please....

BigEvil
01-10-2007, 09:03 PM

Grazymoto can repair them also...

Tao
01-11-2007, 03:05 PM
The Xmod software makes ACE calibration about 1,000,000 times easier. People who think they have bad aces are now like WOW it works!!.

In my case, I never have to mess with it, and I have never once had an issue with it. I must be one of the luck ones.

Yeah this was the same with me too, until I broke a ball (I forgot to turn my hopper on and the warp just held up a stink of balls and the one at the top got hammered by the lvl 10 until it broke). Anyway the paint cover the bottom of the breach so the eye didn't work and even when I cleaned it out (fast between ame clean) it still wouldn't work, and when I did a more thourough clean, it only worked sometimes....

BigEvil
01-11-2007, 03:12 PM
Yeah this was the same with me too, until I broke a ball (I forgot to turn my hopper on and the warp just held up a stink of balls and the one at the top got hammered by the lvl 10 until it broke). Anyway the paint cover the bottom of the breach so the eye didn't work and even when I cleaned it out (fast between ame clean) it still wouldn't work, and when I did a more thourough clean, it only worked sometimes....

take the body off and clean the eye with a q-tip and some windex or some of that stuff they use to clean goggles with. Do you have the Xmod? it makes life much easier to be able to see when the ace is actually detecting something.

CoolHand
01-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Why hasen't anyone made NEW ACE boards for those of us with E-mag's milled for eye's.

please

If someone will loan me an ACE board for a couple of weeks I will have a go at it and see what I can do.

No guarantees, but it may be something I can lay out in a few evenings.

It's worth a look anyway.

Loguzzzzzz
01-14-2007, 08:16 PM
I thought that someone was already working on a new ACE board. I think this is the THREAD (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=194591)

phizz
01-15-2007, 11:48 AM
You can also send them back to AGD for repair, they told me it usually costs around $50

p8ntbal4me
01-16-2007, 09:55 AM

please

ive got a work around for the guys with the X-mags and ACE. So far its working,... Im building my new frame and such with the idea that hot-swapable ACE to eyes is possible (granted that your gun body will take both)

I really need nice, CLEAR pictures of the ACE board, the rail, the body, who it sits in the body, etc.... I need alot of photos to figure out to make mine work like the ace but as a install within 5 minutes.

If you have pictures,... and can put them up where I can see them,.. link me!!!!

BigEvil
01-16-2007, 10:08 AM
I thought that someone was already working on a new ACE board. I think this is the THREAD (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=194591)

That idea has long been killed off. They would need to sell 500 of them to make it worthwhile.