PDA

View Full Version : ion boards in pnuematic mags

where am i?
01-10-2007, 06:52 AM
I no ask alot of questions but I heard of people putting ion boards in mags to make a elcotro-pnuematic mag. But does it really work?

punkncat
01-10-2007, 07:12 AM
Check in the two threads I have about the Hyperframe and CFOA ramping....one or the other someone linked the thread about the Pneu-Ion build....good stuff.

warbeak2099
01-10-2007, 09:23 AM
There is a thread about this in The Workshop.

havocx
01-10-2007, 10:01 AM
only problem was that Scott (I believe his name was) never really came back to tell us how well it worked if at all

Ydna
01-10-2007, 12:18 PM
The only problem would be getting the Ion board's dwell pulse to work with the solenoid you're using. If using an Ion solenoid then no problem...but if using something else you may run into some issues. The first 4-ms of the Ion board dwell time is full, but the rest is pulsed. It seems to work okay on some valves but not so good on others...

don miguel
01-11-2007, 08:41 PM
only problem was that Scott (I believe his name was) never really came back to tell us how well it worked if at all

he is making the Imag right? if so, he justg made a new thread. BTW

where am i?
01-11-2007, 08:51 PM
I finaly decided what Im going to build. Imag with a dm4 frame.

don miguel
01-11-2007, 08:58 PM
I finaly decided what Im going to build. Imag with a dm4 frame.
way 2 go

Zneaky
01-11-2007, 09:00 PM
I have a working I-mag. It has a ion board with no capacitor. I used a solenoid from Air Soldier, ion switch in UMF from logic. It ramps. It works fine, I have not used it on a field yet.

Only problem, is the UMF. I had to remove my foregrip because it is so big.

Z

Also, this is the wrong place for this, it should be in the workshop where the rest of us have been discussing this forever.

personman
01-11-2007, 09:42 PM
I used a stock board and solenoid and it works.
Its a pain in the *** though, and most likely not worth it. :)

punkncat
01-11-2007, 09:56 PM
The only problem would be getting the Ion board's dwell pulse to work with the solenoid you're using. If using an Ion solenoid then no problem...but if using something else you may run into some issues. The first 4-ms of the Ion board dwell time is full, but the rest is pulsed. It seems to work okay on some valves but not so good on others...

This was the problem I figured would be after reading the tech pages of yours someone linked. I had considered powering my Hyperframe from an Ion board, and may still try. I just hope that it will allow the solenoid to "click" properly.