PDA

View Full Version : Scepter or Pepperstick?

RavishingEddie
01-11-2007, 12:01 PM
I was about to purchase the new 07 Scepter kit, but my friend just bought a redz pepperstick and he says it is awesome. Now I really don't know which to get. This is my first time doing a VS thread so please don't :mad: me. Anyway just want some feedback on what you guys think. :rolleyes:

grEnAlEins
01-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Try both and pick the one you like ;)

Tao
01-11-2007, 02:56 PM
I was about to purchase the new 07 Scepter kit, but my friend just bought a redz pepperstick and he says it is awesome. Now I really don't know which to get. This is my first time doing a VS thread so please don't :mad: me. Anyway just want some feedback on what you guys think. :rolleyes:

Well I am starting to feel old now....what is the scepter kit and pepper stick? What makes them speacial these days?

Carbon Blue
01-11-2007, 03:04 PM
i really do think a barrel kit is a barrel kit. Some just offer more bore sizing. I say go with whatever style or weight you like best :) but then again I have heard that the evil pipe kits muzzel boring crack :eek:

olinar
01-11-2007, 04:14 PM
i think it was the pepperstickz that have the 8 inch control bore.so that sounds like a better barrel kit to me.to it off with a flash type front they have for the freaks and youll have a great barrel system

rkjunior303
01-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Macdev Matchstick FTMFW

djslik
01-11-2007, 05:07 PM
Agreed MacDev Matchstik and I'm getting them when they come out again I got an email from MacDev Australia saying they are coming back out soon and I mean soon.

RavishingEddie
01-11-2007, 06:16 PM
So you guys are saying that the Mac Dev Matchstick is better than both of them :eek: Now I'm more confused. I sold my CCM kit because I wanted something that would help my Emag with air efficiency and I got tired of Carbon Fiber. I remember people saying the Matchstick was a real good barrel, but I thought these were better. My mistake ;)

FARMER00
01-11-2007, 06:55 PM
ive never shot a pepper stick kit but i have used a a barrel (dont remember if it was a 2 or one pice) and it was amazing. i have also heard the perrerstickz are comparable to the freak kit.

imo i would get whatever kit has the longest backs

Skoad
01-11-2007, 07:30 PM
tubes! oh glorious tubes!
Try out your friends pepperstickz with your usual paint and give it a whirl.

You could also do what I used to, 'rent' each set of barrels for a bit and see which you like. By 'renting' I mean buy them used (or new if you really have too), try them out for a day or two of play, form opinions. If your not impressed simply resell it, if you got it used and a decent price you can usually resell it for the same amount you paid or a few bucks less (rental fee :rolleyes: ). If you try one and find that it is a superior tube in each and everyway, keep it.

3DSteve
01-11-2007, 10:54 PM
if you want better efficiency, go with an unported barrel or the longest unported back you can find. I use 12in. Lapcos. no porting...just a muzzle break, and they work great. They're loud, but they clean really easily (no ports to muck up) if there's ever a barrel break.

VFX_Fenix
01-12-2007, 12:00 AM
I personally like non-sleeved systems, and the Redz Pepper stick has the advantage of a relatively long barrel back. Looks darn sharp to boot, that'd be the one I'd buy if I were looking to "step up" from my CP One-Piece barrel set.

Pump Scout
01-12-2007, 02:59 PM
If you're looking to drop the money on a kit, why not take a look at the Lucky barrel sets? Approaches barrels from a new/old point of view... sort of like the sleeve setup on the old PMI-3. Get the three bores, which act like a one-piece functionally, and then whatever back you need to attach it to your gun. Get a different gun? Pick up a different back, they're only $14.

Note - not the Lucky 15. I'm talking Lucky Un1tec.

Desega
01-13-2007, 12:59 AM
I just picked up an Empire Revolver kit that is VERY simaliar to the 07 Scepter kit, It shoots amazingly well and the inserts fit flawlessly.

FiXeL
01-13-2007, 07:32 AM
I have the pepperstick barrel kit, and yes it is a great barrel. It shoots very silent and 8" backs are the longest backs for 2 piece barrels so far. People regulary comment that my xmag is very silent with that barrel on it. The only thing i don't like about the pepperstick is the 16" front.. I hardly use it, and the only good use for it would be that you can press your barrel deeper into a airball bunker. But i hardly play speedball, so i hardly use it. :(
The other barrel that i use besides the pepperstick, is a Lapco Bigshot 12" single piece barrel. Its louder but nice 'n short.

NewbieMagMan10988
01-13-2007, 06:36 PM
If you want a good kit, o for the Sanchez, SM-1 Orbium.

I got one and never looked back,

Mike