PDA

View Full Version : Ball detent issue. Please help

RavishingEddie
01-11-2007, 03:54 PM
Ok so I was putting my emag together and I put my warp ule body and a new stock agd ball detent. Well when I shot the gun the bolt got stuck and I thought it was bolt stick and after many minutes of going through all the different shims. I figured the bolt stick had nothing to do with the LVL10 setup. So I took off the ball detent and my gun started shooting smoothly with no problems. Is this something that happens normally with AGD ule bodies?
:(

FA22RaptorF22
01-11-2007, 04:03 PM
take off the detent. take the bolt off the valve. drop the bolt into the chamber. screw the detent in to the point the bolt doesn't go back and forth smoothly then back it off a bit. Remember the position, put a bit of locktite on it and screw it back in.

If the detent is too tight

1) you can destroy the detent
2) the bolt will "stick"

spwz99
01-11-2007, 04:32 PM
I had this same problem when i bought my ULE body. I was able to fix it by adding a second o-ring. And Raptor is right, it had completely destroyed my original detent so i had to buy a new one, not to mention it had scratched up the inside of the body tube where the guy who had it before apparently hadn't figured it out.

RavishingEddie
01-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Thanks. I will add another oring and put some good ole locktite. I have the red loctite that is used to tighted the plunger on to the sear of the emag. Is this the kind I should use?

Dewok82
01-11-2007, 10:46 PM
NO - DO NOT USE RED LOCTITE (271).

You will most likely never get your detent back out without at least destroying the detent itself. Red Loctite is, for the most part, meant to be permanent. It requires heat to loosen it, which would melt your detent. That might not be a huge deal if you're using stock AGD detents, but anything rebuildable would most likely be ruined.

Use a small amount of blue (242) and only on the last thread or two going in. That'll keep it in there secureLy yet won't make it impossible to remove without applying heat.

I believe there is another strength of Loctite that is slightly lower strength than blue that would work, but the name/color/number escapes me at the moment.

Check out the Loctite applications thread stickied at the top.

jenarelJAM
01-11-2007, 11:27 PM
I would just put another oring on it, or some other form of a spacer. Personally, I'd like the ability to take off the detent and clean it in the case that you burst a ball in the breach.