PDA

View Full Version : Stock Class Anybody???

Nate129
01-11-2007, 11:53 PM
Just thought I would show you guys a picture of my new toy... :dance:
This is my first pump gun, and I actually haven't even held it yet, it's on it's way right now. The guys at Wevo hooked me up good, and their service is top-notch.

Hopefully I don't suck too much while I'm learning the art of pump paintball.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d77/Nathaniel129/Phantom.jpg

jenarelJAM
01-12-2007, 12:21 AM
I just bought one of the new sterlings, so I'm just starting pump play as well. Rock on :headbang:

paintballfiend
01-12-2007, 01:08 AM
Just thought I would show you guys a picture of my new toy... :dance:
This is my first pump gun, and I actually haven't even held it yet, it's on it's way right now. The guys at Wevo hooked me up good, and their service is top-notch.

Hopefully I don't suck too much while I'm learning the art of pump paintball.

Don't worry, you will suck :p . It's a whole different game, but it's fun as hell.

Piranti
01-12-2007, 01:13 AM
Stock class is fun, but has a steep learning curve. Rollouts, double feeds, forgetting to reload the tube, and of course running low on air with the 12g. But it is definately worth it when you get the hang of it everyone wants you on thier team. I always look out for the pumpers playing against me they are usually the most dangerous.

You also got a top notch marker, Mike from CCI is great and has one of the best if not the best CS with regards to his markers. :headbang:

3DSteve
01-12-2007, 01:36 AM
it's all personal preference, but you may find you have better luck if you use a stock to start off. It can be surprisingly hard to hit things with a new gun, when your shooting platform is unstable. Then again...if you like it better without the stock, you'll adapt.

oh yeah. buy a good paint match for that barrel
rollouts suck!

Lenny
01-12-2007, 03:31 AM
I love pump play. It's totally different from semi play.

And like the guys said, you will suck at it
...until you get the hang of it.

I actually have a nice and shiny Nickel plated P68SC waiting for me! (I just kinda need to pay the dude. He said he'd wait 'till I finish a few projects I had planned. They're almost all done!)

Phantoms are really nice. You'll love it!

RedEyes
01-12-2007, 06:28 AM
niiiiice, phantoms are really light but are great for the money. dont they get about ~50 shots per 12g. you should get a matching stock too. i like the colors.

if youre looking for a dye ul black 1 piece, i think, the shop i goto has a few.

i need to go play with my black/blue carter i bought a few months ago. havent even played it in a game yet.

Pacifist_Farmer
01-12-2007, 07:46 AM
My self having recently gotten back into pump play, has two suggestions:

1. Get a stock

2. Get a ghost ring...or similar "sighting" tool

Put the stock on your shoulder and aim the gun every shot. I found that in the years I had been playing semi, I had lost all my aiming skill. I don't think I hit anyone my first day out with my new phantom.

hs2000
01-12-2007, 08:35 AM
Long live pump!

You're a brave man, jumping into stock class without going threw open class first.
You can always rock a 3.5 oz until you get use the 10 rounds tubes, that way you don't have two things to worry about.

turbo chicken
01-12-2007, 08:43 AM
Yay ... we have a new recruit ... post up @ stockclasspaintball.com there's lots of people that can give you good advice ...

i went back to playing pump this summer ... i got a pgp and haven't looked back ... i gradually worked my way to SC type of play by graduating from a 200rnd hopper and pack to just hopper games...to half a hopper games ... to a stickfeed on my mag ... to the PGP ... that helped with my learning curve ...

The one thing I still can't get used to is changing the dang 12ies ...

flyboy
01-12-2007, 08:47 AM

1. Get a stock

Put the stock on your shoulder and aim the gun every shot. I found that in the years I had been playing semi, I had lost all my aiming skill. I don't think I hit anyone my first day out with my new phantom.

Been there too.

Aiming... who would have thought!

PumpPlayer
01-12-2007, 09:46 AM
That's nice! The two-tone looks really sharp.

Wevo in his devilish brilliance has come up with new ways to tempt the masses. :mad:

Nate129
01-12-2007, 10:15 AM
I also ordered a center-feed breech and 3.5 oz tank - so I'm not limited to stock class...thank God.

T-stock and detent rings are also on the way - I figured I would start off right.

I'm the one who actually came up with the slate/black combo - Wevo just made it a reality. I hadn't seen another slate/black two-tone, so I figured I would give it a shot. I think it came out really clean looking - Wevo chose what parts were slate and what parts were black.

Thanks for the help and suggestions guys. I will definitely head on over to SCP, I have been lurking there for a while anyway...

paintballfiend
01-12-2007, 12:14 PM

1. Get a stock

Ha, I didn't get anyone out either my first time playing with my Phantom SC. I hate having to remember to change the 12g before a loud hiss gives off my posotion. :rofl: After playing a few games I decided to get a T-stock, spring and parts kit, vert-air kit, and 3.5oz tank. However, I think I will stick to the 12g since I don't have to pay for all day air.

Piranti
01-12-2007, 12:37 PM
I actually have a nice large box (former box of paint) that stores my 12grams :D Its real nice for those days I am poor, can grab a handfull of 12grams and maybe pay for 200 rounds and I am good for the whole day. :shooting: :dance:

paintballfiend
01-12-2007, 12:42 PM
I actually have a nice large box (former box of paint) that stores my 12grams :D Its real nice for those days I am poor, can grab a handfull of 12grams and maybe pay for 200 rounds and I am good for the whole day. :shooting: :dance:

Budget Paintballing FTW!!! :headbang:

Jaan
01-12-2007, 01:10 PM
M Carter Brown (http://www.mcarterbrown.com/) Forums are a good place to go too for pump and stock class. Great bunch of guys there.

paint magnet
01-12-2007, 01:25 PM
I play airball with my Nelspot :D It's a blast, just make sure to aim your shots because you can't afford to miss. You'd be surprised how easy this is sometimes, as people tend to forget about you while your teammates are raining 15 bps down on them...take advantage of it, move and wait for your shot.

turbo chicken
01-12-2007, 02:18 PM

I second this movement ... tis the reason i have played 6 times in 2 months ... budget balling "the way to go" ...

etjoyride
01-12-2007, 05:04 PM
I have an extremely cusotm SC sniper, a SC mini dropout phantom, and a PGP. as well as my semis. PUMPERS of AO unite!!!

don miguel
01-12-2007, 05:22 PM
shouldhave gone w/ an ss25. ss25+halo v35= shoot as fast as you can pump.

Piranti
01-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Can you outshoot the Halo on the ss-25? Hell you cant outshoot one unless its batteries are dead, even a bone stock one. no true use of a halo being on a pump marker at most a Revvy is more than sufficient, but shake and prays are best no batteries =) nice lil BE pocket hoppers are nice small light and damned dirt cheap.

jenarelJAM
01-12-2007, 05:59 PM
I second this movement ... tis the reason i have played 6 times in 2 months ... budget balling "the way to go" ...
Yeah, I'm hoping to start playing more like that too. Cut my playing cost in half...

etjoyride
01-12-2007, 06:10 PM
I've spent 3.50 on a whole day of play with pump once, I got my paint for free and cheap field fee...

jenarelJAM
01-12-2007, 06:21 PM
Wow... I'm hoping my first time will be $10, and every time after that, $30. First is cheaper, because every five games at the field, you get free admission for a day, so I'm guessing $2 for air and $8 for paint.

etjoyride
01-12-2007, 06:37 PM
10's pretty good, i typically spend about 10-15 on a day of pump, depending on some things.

jenarelJAM
01-12-2007, 07:00 PM
10's pretty good, i typically spend about 10-15 on a day of pump, depending on some things.
Well, it's only $10 the first day cause I won't have to pay admission. After that It'll be $10 for paint+air, and $20 for admission, so $30. How do you do it so cheap?

etjoyride
01-12-2007, 07:18 PM
i ref at the field i typically play at :D
get to know the owner/manager (whoever runs the field) let that person know that you play pump, see if they can cut you a deal on paint and/or air since you won't be needing as much. Maybe even offer to help out after hours with clean-up or something. Use your imagination ;)

jenarelJAM
01-12-2007, 07:35 PM
i ref at the field i typically play at :D
get to know the owner/manager (whoever runs the field) let that person know that you play pump, see if they can cut you a deal on paint and/or air since you won't be needing as much. Maybe even offer to help out after hours with clean-up or something. Use your imagination ;)
You know... Thats actually a good idea. I used to ref at the field, but it wasn't really worth it after awhile. However, there's a new field in my area, and last time I checked, they had job application forms. I wonder...

don miguel
01-12-2007, 07:52 PM
Can you outshoot the Halo on the ss-25? Hell you cant outshoot one unless its batteries are dead, even a bone stock one. no true use of a halo being on a pump marker at most a Revvy is more than sufficient, but shake and prays are best no batteries =) nice lil BE pocket hoppers are nice small light and damned dirt cheap.

READ the post. i said "shoot as fast as you can pump" (hint: autotrigger) i said nothing about outshooting it. the halo makes me have no chopping problems.

Triangle
01-12-2007, 07:53 PM
READ the post. i said "shoot as fast as you can pump" (hint: autotrigger) i said nothing about outshooting it. the halo makes me have no chopping problems.

If you chop with a Pump there's something wrong with you.
I'm pretty sure he didn't get into pump play so he could work the pump as fast as he could.
That's what a semi is for.

etjoyride
01-12-2007, 07:54 PM
^^^Now you're thinking smart and cheap, gotta love what pump does to ya ;)

Triangle
01-12-2007, 07:56 PM
^^^Now you're thinking smart and cheap, gotta love what pump does to ya ;)

I played pump for the longest time.
It's a compeltely different type of fun.
I could play all day for less than $20.
The best part was getting used to the whole rocking and cocking thing.

'WHY I NOT SHOT BALL?'

don miguel
01-12-2007, 07:56 PM
If you chop with a Pump there's something wrong with you.
I'm pretty sure he didn't get into pump play so he could work the pump as fast as he could.
That's what a semi is for.

have you ever shot an ss25 btw? if not try one. w/ my little 50 rd hopper, I chopped a ball, because it is a POS. So I got a halo in a trade and put it on my ss25, the autotrigger comes in handy when bunkering someone, or cover fire.

Triangle
01-12-2007, 07:57 PM
have you ever shot an ss25 btw? if not try one. w/ my little 50 rd hopper, I chopped a ball, because it is a POS. So I got a halo in a trade and put it on my ss25, the autotrigger comes in handy when bunkering someone, or cover fire.
Christ you are stupid.

Caboose
01-12-2007, 08:02 PM
Do you wear a helmet to bed?

Zygote
01-12-2007, 08:04 PM
If you chop with a pump - any pump - it's 100% your own fault. Some 50 round hoppers have a reputation for not feeding well but going straight to a halo is overkill.

Caboose
01-12-2007, 08:10 PM
My 50 rounder jammed quite a bit... so I went to SC feeds :)

hs2000
01-12-2007, 08:40 PM
How do you chop with pump? A Halo on a pump is retarded, use a revy, or better yet a 50 round hopper.

Edit; The key to not jamming smaller 50 round hoppers is to not fill fill them all the way, don't fill them past 3/4 full, and carry a few 10 round tubes if you need more paint.

I've found that these,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170067438292&rd=1&rd=1
are the best 50 round hoppers overall, I haven't had one jam on me yet.

jenarelJAM
01-12-2007, 09:04 PM
How do you chop with pump? A Halo on a pump is retarded, use a revy, or better yet a 50 round hopper.

Edit; The key to not jamming smaller 50 round hoppers is to not fill fill them all the way, don't fill them past 3/4 full, and carry a few 10 round tubes if you need more paint.

I've found that these,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170067438292&rd=1&rd=1
are the best 50 round hoppers overall, I haven't had one jam on me yet.
Thanks for the tip. That's the kind I ordered :bounce:

RRfireblade
01-12-2007, 10:04 PM
Awesome choice , little under cocking pump mod and it'd be perfect :D

http://premium1.uploadit.org/rrfireblade//PUC-003.jpg

AO PUMPERS UNITE ! !

I like that. ;)

etjoyride
01-12-2007, 10:06 PM
^now i jsut need to get my UC kit, and maybe a new feed, and maybe clear parts, and maybe a longer barrel, ugh. so many decisions.
Jay you want to PM me with how much the kits will sell for so i can start gathering the cash? ;)

SpecialBlend2786
01-12-2007, 11:44 PM
Awesome choice , little under cocking pump mod and it'd be perfect :D

http://premium1.uploadit.org/rrfireblade//PUC-003.jpg

AO PUMPERS UNITE ! !

I like that. ;)

I hear undercocking makes phantoms smooth as hell. true story?

Lenny
01-13-2007, 02:59 AM
If you're chopping with a Sheridan based gun, you may need to screw out the hammer rod a little.

When you pump, look down the feedneck and make sure that as soon as you hear the "click" sound of the hammer latching onto the sear, The bolt is completely out of the way of the breech. If it isn't, turn your cocking knob out a little more.

It happened with me. I'd hear the "click" and slam the pump forward, forcing the bolt to pop a ball. So, yeah see if this helps.

RRfireblade
01-13-2007, 02:36 PM
I hear undercocking makes phantoms smooth as hell. true story?

Definitely smoother but I would'nt say " as hell" .

It's a easier point to pump from and offers less friction , not to mention keeping barrel wear down. The other half of the equation is breaking in the internals. There's only so much 'smooth' available in a Nelson based system. :)

etjoyride
01-13-2007, 02:44 PM
If you want smooth try a Sniper or sheridan

paint magnet
01-13-2007, 05:58 PM

Do you live downstream from a nuclear power plant? Or have lead water pipes in your house?

Yeah, shake and bake hoppers might jam every now and then, but anything with a motor will keep up with a pump gun. It's retarded to put a $150 hopper that weighs almost as much as the gun on there if you don't need the feed rate. Speaking of which, an autotrigger is essentially useless--if you're bunkering someone, you only need to shoot them once. If you're laying down "cover fire," your barrel will be bouncing all over the place as you slam the action back and forth. Even then, you still don't need a hopper that feeds 30 bps! The only thing it does is make noise to intimidate the newb cowering in the corner with the rental Tippmann, and he's probably not scared of you anyway. I have never seen someone use an AT effectively and have heard of very few people who are capable of doing so.

spaz66777
01-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Welcome to the club!