PDA

View Full Version : ANS Venturi, out of specs? Why?

Panzerr
01-01-2002, 01:36 PM
Hey fellas

Last July at the Chicago Open, I stopped at the AGD booth before my team left. John tuned and tweaked my Retro for me. He gave me one of the newer AGD bolts. I had been using a ANS Venturi, but he said they are "out of specs". Anyone else here this? Anyone know why?

From what I gather, there are two basic theories. The first being that the ANS bolt is a bit shorter than the AGD bolt. This allows more time for paintballs to drop into the breech. The second is that the AGD bolt is longer, thus has less blow-back and feeding better. Any comments?

DrEvil
01-01-2002, 01:48 PM
all i know is that my minimag came with an ANS. and it leaked down the barrel. changed to a superbolt and the only thing that goes down the barrel now is paintballs.

BlackVCG
01-01-2002, 01:55 PM
They're not heat treated properly and they tend to wear out at in the sear latching area quickly. Also, the plunger rod depth is too short meaning they usually need a .230 spacer to work properly, or they never seal at all. In general, they're just a waste of money.

toymyster
01-01-2002, 03:27 PM
That's what happened with my Venturi on my old 'mag, it was wearing out around the lip where it contacts the sear!!!!