PDA

View Full Version : TOMS TECH TIPS Tech Tip #4 "my results"

jade_monkey07
01-14-2007, 09:38 PM
http://www.automags.org/resource/tech/tomstech/04_paint_testing.shtml

After reading this tech tip i decided to test my paint that i use(Xball bronze) some eye opening results, as i always thought it was great paint. it is definitely durable enough but inconsistent more so then toms tests.
i used 2 samples of the same paint one bag freshly opened, and one that was opened a week ago here are my results

week old____fresh
12____________19
10____________42 -
9_____________4
12____________8
18____________3 -
5-____________32
15____________9
28-___________38
6_____________9
10____________10

now taking out the highest and lowest of each and getting the average the week old paint was 11.25 with a variation of 12 and the freshly opened paint was 16.13 with a variation of 34! good high number = strong paint but the variation was way too high on both VERY inconsistent paint

now that i know about this test, i am soon going to start buying single bags of everything i can get my hand on. so i can find the best paint, and once i have that paint a new barrel for my tac one that matches perfectly!

Thanks MANN for letting me know about those tech tips :shooting:

MANN
01-14-2007, 09:54 PM
To make the test totally "correct" you should watch your velocity(with a chrono), and have your marker clamped down so that it isnt a personal shooting error.

Spider-TW
01-15-2007, 01:02 PM
I just played in some cold, wet weather with less than premium paint. I wouldn't name it because the conditions were not really fair. It was getting in the mid 50s (we were dressed for the 70 degrees we started at) and most of the paint was small and hard (oww hard). However, the rain was getting to enough of them that some wouldn't even fit down a feed neck. Talk about inconsistent. One guy had a bent arm on his A5 feeder from the multiple malfunctions.

I have to say though, after feeding multiple small balls at once past a slippery detent, blowing confetti many times, and stuffing my barrel with broken paint, my level 10 bolt came out spotless. A good 3000 rounds of junky, cold, wet paint and no chops! :shooting:

jade_monkey07
01-15-2007, 02:28 PM
I just played in some cold, wet weather with less than premium paint. I wouldn't name it because the conditions were not really fair. It was getting in the mid 50s (we were dressed for the 70 degrees we started at) and most of the paint was small and hard (oww hard). However, the rain was getting to enough of them that some wouldn't even fit down a feed neck. Talk about inconsistent. One guy had a bent arm on his A5 feeder from the multiple malfunctions.

I have to say though, after feeding multiple small balls at once past a slippery detent, blowing confetti many times, and stuffing my barrel with broken paint, my level 10 bolt came out spotless. A good 3000 rounds of junky, cold, wet paint and no chops! :shooting:

good to know, i cant wait to get my tac-one! :shooting: