PDA

View Full Version : Mini Trigger

paintballfiend
01-15-2007, 04:01 PM
What kind of trigger system does the Mini use? I heard it was a microswitch, please tell me I am wrong.

Lohman446
01-15-2007, 04:15 PM
I was of the understanding it uses an HES system - what is wrong with a microswitch?

scion
01-15-2007, 05:31 PM
Yeah, hall effect sensor..

paintballfiend
01-15-2007, 06:15 PM
Could someone explain or give me a link that explains the HES system?

txaggie08
01-15-2007, 06:16 PM
hall effect sensor senses increases and decreases in magnetic strength if im not mistaken. basicaly, it trigger when the magnet get a specified distance to it.

paintballfiend
01-15-2007, 06:19 PM
I was of the understanding it uses an HES system - what is wrong with a microswitch?

Microswitches are a little too spyder-esk for me. I'm not bagging on spyders or anything but if I'm going to spend that kind of money then I want it to kick an e-spyders butt.

Triangle
01-15-2007, 06:21 PM
Microswitches are a little too spyder-esk for me. I'm not bagging on spyders or anything but if I'm going to spend that kind of money then I want it to kick an e-spyders butt.

What make's em spyderesque?

txaggie08
01-15-2007, 06:21 PM
have you ever shot a properly setup microswitch trigger(not an e-spyder's trigger)? lots of guns use microswitches.....

paintballfiend
01-15-2007, 06:28 PM
What make's em spyderesque?

The microswitch, but since I have not been around a lot of electros I may be talking out of my butt. :ninja:

paintballfiend
01-15-2007, 06:29 PM
hall effect sensor senses increases and decreases in magnetic strength if im not mistaken. basicaly, it trigger when the magnet get a specified distance to it.

Don't E-mags use something like that?

Triangle
01-15-2007, 06:33 PM
The microswitch, but since I have not been around a lot of electros I may be talking out of my butt. :ninja:

The spyder microswitches have always been really clicky clacky. nothing walkable.
I haven't shot any of the new markers, but the microswitches on the rocking frame seem pretty light.

Besides, the switch can always be replaced.

Just go to your local shop and dick around with some electro's.
I promise they're not all like spyders.

txaggie08
01-15-2007, 06:34 PM
thats exactly it on the emag

jenarelJAM
01-15-2007, 11:51 PM
My viking uses a microswitch and it's the best feeling trigger I've ever used... My emag uses the HES system, and it actually kinda annoys me that I can't feel when it clicks. I mean, I can feel when it shoots, but I actually prefer microswitches to HES or the laser thing in egos, etc.

Triangle
01-15-2007, 11:52 PM
My viking uses a microswitch and it's the best feeling trigger I've ever used... My emag uses the HES system, and it actually kinda annoys me that I can't feel when it clicks. I mean, I can feel when it shoots, but I actually prefer microswitches to HES or the laser thing in egos, etc.

I had my trigger setup on my viking for a long buttery smooth pull. I couldn't feel the microswitch trip, and I liked it.

I hated the EMag's HES, though. Funny how preference changes from gun-to-gun.

rkjunior303
01-15-2007, 11:59 PM
Just about every other high-end marker uses a microswitch. I can't stand the HES/Optical feel.

give me that messy click feeling. nothing beats a roller trigger on a dm4 stock switch with no spring.