PDA

View Full Version : Back rub techniques?

bentothejam1n
01-15-2007, 09:48 PM
i just thought it might be "profitable" i were to know some good styles of back rubs. Any personal favorites or any that i should stay away from?

warbeak2099
01-15-2007, 10:47 PM
The Karate chop motion while stereotypical and seen in all the movies/shows, is lousy. To be good at back rubbing, you need to be able to feel the person's tension spots. Wherever their muscles feel tense and knotted, smooth them out with your hands as if you're kneeding dough. Be gentle but at the same time firm. Don't just gently glide your hands up and down their back, really work out their stress points. Obviously don't be so hard that it hurts, but the trick is finding that happy medium.

I assume you want to know for... "recreational" purposes? If that's the case, using a little bit of baby oil or maybe some KY warming gel is a good idea. It gets everyone in that relaxed but ready for some wild fun mood. Good luck and remember to ring your gong so we all know it worked.

/Scrubs reference
//Great show
///Lando Calrissian!

Triangle
01-15-2007, 11:04 PM
I went to the Dahan Institute of Msssage therapy for a while.
I didn't finish as I lost interest (and funding), but let me tell you.
When you learn to do things properly...women will love it.

bentothejam1n
01-15-2007, 11:12 PM
exactly my goal.

Triangle
01-15-2007, 11:17 PM
exactly my goal.
It's hard for me to explain this kind of thing over the internet.
The only advice I can give is to ask how certain things feel, use oils, and dont go where you're not wanted.

MoeMag
01-15-2007, 11:19 PM
Its not quite a back rub but...

You know that feeling that you get when someone runs the top side of their fingernail up the back of your leg or forearm... well use all 4 fingers and both hands and do that on their back. BE VERY GENTLE. Go back and fourth in a pattern and stray off every once in a while. Trust me you will get the hang of it if she likes it from all the little twitches.

My girlfriend says it’s tickling her back but she sure isn’t laughing. It seems like it’s extremely relaxing to her. I’m sure there is something else to it, but it turns her into putty.

That’s one of her favorite things in the world and I for sure get something out of it.

;)

Hope this helps.

Triangle
01-15-2007, 11:26 PM
Its not quite a back rub but...

You know that feeling that you get when someone runs the top side of their fingernail up the back of your leg or forearm... well use all 4 fingers and both hands and do that on their back. BE VERY GENTLE. Go back and fourth in a pattern and stray off every once in a while. Trust me you will get the hang of it if she likes it from all the little twitches.

My girlfriend says it’s tickling her back but she sure isn’t laughing. It seems like it’s extremely relaxing to her. I’m sure there is something else to it, but it turns her into putty.

That’s one of her favorite things in the world and I for sure get something out of it.

;)

Hope this helps.

I used to do that with my Ex, when we first met.
I'd do it for a long long long time.
I apparently stopped doing it alltogether or something.
I'm bad at everything.

MoeMag
01-15-2007, 11:40 PM
I used to do that with my Ex, when we first met.
I'd do it for a long long long time.
I apparently stopped doing it alltogether or something.
I'm bad at everything.

Gotta keep going.

We were together for 5 years.
Then she moved and I was busy with college.
2 years later she came back.
We got back together almost a year ago now.
She isnt going anywhere this time.

Never stop.

warbeak2099
01-15-2007, 11:41 PM
and dont go where you're not wanted.

Yup, it's all about subtley and tittilation.

MoeMag
01-16-2007, 12:15 AM
Yup, it's all about subtley and tittilation.

mmmmmmmmm... tittilation

/Homer Droole

bam wannabe
01-16-2007, 12:21 AM
I went to the Dahan Institute of Msssage therapy for a while.
I didn't finish as I lost interest (and funding), but let me tell you.

how long was the class/how much was it?
im currently going to Alpha Institute for Massage and facial therapy. its a 9 month class and costs 550 a month.

but yes, women do love it. even just saying to someone you first meet "yeah, im going to school for massage therapy" makes them all... i dont know. excited?

as for the fingers up and down the back... even just doing that to their arms/neck drives them nuts.

MicroMiniMe
01-16-2007, 12:23 AM
While not being the obvious veiled 'attempt' that a back rub brings, learn to do a hand massage.
Soft caress on the fat parts of the palm. If they are stressed out or work with their hands you can grind your thumb from the center of the palm out and from the outside to the inside.

Easy way to get a first read, or an invitation to massage other areas.

Triangle
01-16-2007, 12:24 AM
how long was the class/how much was it?
im currently going to Alpha Institute for Massage and facial therapy. its a 9 month class and costs 550 a month.

but yes, women do love it. even just saying to someone you first meet "yeah, im going to school for massage therapy" makes them all... i dont know. excited?

as for the fingers up and down the back... even just doing that to their arms/neck drives them nuts.

I went for seven months maybe.
My Mother had cancer and it was killing her.
So my grandparents paid for me to go, to give her massages.
I hated it at the time, but now I'm thankful, the girls love it.
and yeah, people naturally oo and ahh when you tell them that.

MicroMiniMe
01-16-2007, 09:49 AM
Maybe not quite the same lines but I have a friend who is certifiably anti-social just from genetics and brain chemistry. Very intelligent but hard to be around for long periods of time without grating on you.
He went through a massage training program (he recoiled at most human contact at earlier ages) as a way of self employment and now gets more tail than a toilette seat.
:dance:

bentothejam1n
01-17-2007, 07:35 PM
theres a book i was looking at on amazon... i think i might have to pick it up

Triangle
01-19-2007, 08:36 PM
theres a book i was looking at on amazon... i think i might have to pick it up
After picking up the book, practice on your sister, or Mother. Hell, your Father would probably enjoy a massage or something.

It's always important to remember that not everyone is going to love a deep tissue rubdown.
AS it was stated above, butterfly gestures, very light movement of th finger will be euphoric.

Try digging your finger nails into the base of their neck, and sliding them upward. You can practice on your head first, it'll feel great. Terrible explanation, after I've gotten some sleep I'll come and elaborate.

I'll see if I can't get some good video example for you guys.

rkjunior303
01-19-2007, 10:17 PM
happy endings.

Sudz
01-22-2007, 04:02 PM
another thing to do is massage their feet. Just work the soles and the arch's and they will love you long time.

Altimas
01-22-2007, 04:10 PM
Ewww... Feet gross me out.