PDA

View Full Version : Feedneck option question

Railgun
01-17-2007, 12:36 AM
Hi all. My first post here and it's a question about shopping for an Automag.

I've got a couple of markers with the power feeds and I find that they are a real pain in terms of blocking my view for aiming. I've also got a right feed cocker and a couple of pumps and those are fine. With that in mind I'm currently shopping for a deal on an automag and I'm basically turning my nose up at anything with a power feed style neck.

What I'd like to know is will my choice of simple right feed straight neck hurt the ability of an automag to fire and if it is inferior to the power feed option then how and to what extent is it a bad thing?

Thanks all and with any luck I'll soon be a fellow Automag owner.

olinar
01-17-2007, 01:48 AM
go to lukescustoms.com and look up feedneck mods.he can pretty much do anything ya want to a ss body

jenarelJAM
01-17-2007, 02:22 AM
It seems you like to look over the top of your marker when you're firing. That's fine, although if you can learn to sight along the side, it makes things easier. One thing that you haven't mentioned is the Warp Feed. I don't know if you know what it is. It's a contraption that's mounted on the side of your marker, you stick your hopper on top of it, and it force feeds balls along a tube, up to the top of your marker. ie. You don't put a big hopper on top of your gun, but rather, on the left or the right. You can use it with either a Warp left or right ULE body.
However, you may be only interested in the traditional right/left feed, and to answer your question, I know of no reason why any feed would cause a marker to operate poorly. The reason for the powerfeed was to have a larger ballstack for higher rof, and the reason for the no-rise was to have the shortest hopper possible to reduce hopper hits. Neither of those styles seem to appeal to you, and if you don't need/want them, don't buy them.

Welcome to the world of Mags, and to Automags.org! :clap:

Railgun
01-17-2007, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the info so far.

I've just started using a method of aiming that seems to be working really nicely for me in testing at home. Weather's been too cruddy to play lately.

It involves putting the butt of the main body right at my nose and sighting down both sides of the barrel at once. I then sight the target and just place it in the middle between the two barrel tip images. Yes, I'm one of the lucky folks without any noticable vision dominance so I naturally see two images of the barrel.

But as I said this really gets messed up if one eye is sighting into the back of a powerfeed neck... :D Obviously this all works best with a vertical feed but I've found from my pumps and that one autococker that all I need to do is tilt the marker very slightly to the left to "lift" the feedneck out of the way or tilt my head a touch to the right and see the barrel tip images on an angle. Either way works as I just put the taget between the images.

I'm new to paintball but I'm enthusiastic. Been reading up a storm to get caught up on the various styles of markers and playing. And the winter drop in intrest paid off for me as I've been able to buy 16 markers for cheap through Ebay. 4 of them are pumps too. I know it sounds crazy to get so many so fast but I just kept putting in low ball bids and winning. The last couple I bid on I regretted bothering with about 10 minutes later and hoped that somebody would outbid me but it didn't happen. So I ended up with a couple of more Piranhas for about $35.... DARN :D

Oh, and for all the markers and stuff I've bought this is STILL a LOT cheaper than the sport that occupied me for the past 5 years.... road racing a motorcycle....

Out of the three times I've played one of the days was a pump only special event and I loved it. Rec/woods ball is a blast as well and I'm even hoping to try some lower level speedball this summer.

Anyhow, I've read and heard so much about the Automag experience that I figured that if I could get a basic one and try it out it would be well worth it.

MANN
01-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Get a warp feed. They look funny at first, but once you get one you will love yourself for it.

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i83/mannsports/Joshsmag.jpg

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i83/mannsports/IMG_1279.jpg