PDA

View Full Version : Mags and cold weather

barretc
01-01-2002, 04:07 PM
has anyone noticed that their mags havebeen chopping paint more than ussual (if at all) in the cold weather...I was just wondering. Or is it because paint tends to be more brittle in the cold?

I know in the winter I turn my mag down to 255 fps in the winter and I have yet to chop a ball in september.

FooTemps
01-01-2002, 04:36 PM
It's the paint and the gun. I think that mags tend to be harsh on paint SOMETIMES

nutz
01-01-2002, 06:26 PM
for some reason i played in pretty cold and very wet conditions and did not break one ball a few weeks ago... i think im just good with the trigger tho... hehe some break and some dont

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
01-01-2002, 06:31 PM
no you just suck ;) ...nah i dont think so. My mag hasnt chopped one ball yet this winter...eather has my backup mag. I took my backup mag out for a spin to spread some oil. Then i ran about 500 rnds through it. Not one break.

Omicron
01-01-2002, 07:28 PM
if you have breaks in winter/cold weather, try a foamiebolt..They're supposed to help i think.

Griffin
01-01-2002, 08:02 PM
Barretc, you have trouble with cold winter in LA? If you do then I'm in deep trouble in Connecticut...

-Griffin

BarryTolar
01-01-2002, 08:27 PM
Was under 40 today in South Mississippi and no problems.

Using 4 week old JT Premium and not a single chop or brake.

Everyone else was having trouble but not the Mag.

Barry

dorksquad
01-01-2002, 10:01 PM
on christmas i put about 800 balls through it no prob it was like 40-30 degs, last sunday it was chop o matic, didnt do anything different, i sprung for marbs cause the bag of rps winter fill was junk the weak before. my bro and my friend with their mags had minor brakage but not as bad as me. i wanted to blame the super bolt but it worked fine on x-mas, i dont think it was the barrel eithre bc, i used my freak, minimag, stock mag and sp aa, im kind of stumped so i think that i will just blame the paint,
also im pretty sure i have the super bolt for the sfl cause it has a bigger diameter in front and in the back, but it fit my barrels fine and it worked ok on xmas

Dubstar112
01-02-2002, 07:09 AM
I usually chopin cold weather(the avg temp for my area during winter 14*f) because my warpfeed either goes dead or my hyperframe does- but all in all, im good above freezing temperatures

udtseal
01-02-2002, 08:27 AM
Hey Dorksquad,

Your from philly? Im right across the bridge from you (if your in the city that is). Where do you play? I usually meet a bunch of AO'ers at Top Gun, next to Six Flags, in jackson. You should come up sometime and meet us all the next time most of us go.

PsychoMag
01-02-2002, 09:27 AM
I went out last weekend, it was mid 30's and I chopped alot. I blamed it on the BigBall I was using. But I can shoot BigBall all summer with no problems. This is the first time my RT Pro has ever broken more than a fluke ball.

Hmmmm....weather???

dorksquad
01-02-2002, 11:47 AM
usually go to cobra command in skippak (cobracommand.com),
ive been wanting to go to top gun but have been kind of lazy, and didnt feel like driving to six flags, any way did you here about the indoor game neer phily, somebody said it is neer the airport, and this would solve the cold weather probs (it is indoors).
ps does anybody know if i have the sto/extream superbolt?

barretc
01-02-2002, 01:07 PM
I didnt start this thread bc my mag was chopping....I was just wondering about the rest of my family and their mags....I love you guys

barretc
01-02-2002, 01:09 PM
I havent noticed till now that I am a senoir member....and the funny thing is that I only have like a 100 or so posts...lol

ronron2112
01-02-2002, 03:39 PM
My mage turns into a Super Soaker RT is the intertime when i play with proball.. even with a much bigger insert, it still squirts paint... but now that i use polarICE, its a lil better now. PHEW.. i was getting tired of calling my self out cause i cant shoot anymore!:eek:

drake9
01-02-2002, 03:44 PM
be happy you dont live in florida...
If you have a crappy mask it fogs up and you cant play.....

talls
01-02-2002, 04:39 PM
be happy you dont live in florida...

Be happy you don't live way up north where it gets very cold in the winter.;) I myself live in Tennessee and I hate the cold weather and it is not even half as bad as they get it up there.

Dubstar112
01-02-2002, 05:18 PM
Well considering western NY is under 8 ft of snow id say its cold weather. I my self live in watertown, about 30 miles from canada, and north of syracuse about 75 miles. about 3-4 feet of snow here.

homer3dfx
01-02-2002, 06:14 PM
damn 4feet of snow up there. In toronto which is only like 2hour away from buffalo. We have a no snow at all and it only snowed once this year and that melted the next day.