PDA

View Full Version : Automag not recocking

Hooter42
01-17-2007, 09:58 AM
I have an Automag RT pro with a hyperframe and level 10 bolt. My problem is sometimes it will not recock after firing. I have to de-gas and re-gas the marker to get it to reset, any ideas?

MANN
01-17-2007, 10:49 AM
which spring are you using?
Do you know what your velocity is?

If it were me I would try the next "stronger spring", and try your next bigger level 10 carrier

warbeak2099
01-17-2007, 10:52 AM
Maybe play around with the number of lvl 10 shims you have in there. The shims control recock.

Hooter42
01-17-2007, 10:52 AM
which spring are you using?
Do you know what your velocity is?

If it were me I would try the next "stronger spring", and try your next bigger level 10 carrier

I am using the longest spring (Red), not sure what size carrier but i do know its the biggest i can use without leaking. My velocity is around 280.

MANN
01-17-2007, 10:57 AM
are you using a ule body? if so remove the detent, and see if that helps

Hooter42
01-17-2007, 11:01 AM
are you using a ule body? if so remove the detent, and see if that helps
yes i am using the ULE body, I will try that. Just to clarify a bit though, the bolt is not sticking forward - the marker is just not reseting. I can reach down the feed neck and push the bolt back but it does not recock it, it feels like the bolt is back in the set position.

turbo chicken
01-17-2007, 11:04 AM
so the bolt is sticking foward and the spring isn't pushing it back??

#edit### so the on off is getting stuck like someone is just holding the trigger ... basically sounds like the on/off is staying closed..

Hooter42
01-17-2007, 11:07 AM
so the bolt is sticking foward and the spring isn't pushing it back??

#edit### so the on off is getting stuck like someone is just holding the trigger ... basically sounds like the on/off is staying closed..

Bingo, yes that sound more like the issue. How do i fix that?

turbo chicken
01-17-2007, 11:17 AM
Bingo, yes that sound more like the issue. How do i fix that?

First let me say i don't know exactly how that frame works but i have a general idea.

first i'd put the stock frame on it ... then see if it operates properly that way ... try lubing the on/off before you do though ... if it operates with the mech frame then i'd take off the panel of the electro frame and make sure it is operating correctly ... you might have something keeping that valve from returning on the electro frame... does the electro frame need to on/off to push the sear back in place inorder for it to fire again?

so it is one of 2 things ... on/off valve is getting stuck ... or there isn't enough reactivity for the frame to operate properly

What kind of on/off are you using??

Hooter42
01-17-2007, 11:28 AM
First let me say i don't know exactly how that frame works but i have a general idea.

first i'd put the stock frame on it ... then see if it operates properly that way ... try lubing the on/off before you do though ... if it operates with the mech frame then i'd take off the panel of the electro frame and make sure it is operating correctly ... you might have something keeping that valve from returning on the electro frame... does the electro frame need to on/off to push the sear back in place inorder for it to fire again?

so it is one of 2 things ... on/off valve is getting stuck ... or there isn't enough reactivity for the frame to operate properly

What kind of on/off are you using??
the electro does not rely on the on/off to reset it, in fact when this happens you can hear the solenoid of the frame clicking against the sear when i pull the trigger. I am using an ult on/off. Maybe i should add or remove some of the shims in it?

MANN
01-17-2007, 11:31 AM
add a shim. You are going to want the on/off as sensitive as possible.

Desega
01-17-2007, 01:46 PM
I had trouble with my on/off in my e-mag too. It would stick the bolt like you said and cause uber air leaks. I was missing an o-ring that sits on top of the on/off, so I ordered a quad o-ring from AGD's website. I'll let you know if it works.

Hooter42
02-06-2007, 10:46 AM
Added another shim to ULT all seems good now, thaks fellas