PDA

View Full Version : what do you think of the mini

where am i?
01-17-2007, 08:47 PM
I dont know if much people here on AO have one but lets hear your thoughts.

FA22RaptorF22
01-17-2007, 08:49 PM
I say that they are trying to benefit from the Automag design.

Yes....i know mags aren't spoolers...but still.

Also, so many have board recalls and they seem to be made cheeply.

Lohman446
01-17-2007, 08:52 PM

Ever held / fired one?

geekwarrior
01-17-2007, 08:52 PM

would you please not talk about things you know nothing about.

where am i?
01-17-2007, 08:54 PM

Not to sound rude but I have to correct you they are made very some of the boards were faulty in the first batch. What do you expect their a brand new company Yea Yea I know NPS produces them. Also there has been a short circut happening with the board. It is not able to handle some battaries because of the battery covering. To fix it is simply put a piece of foam tape on the battary.

where am i?
01-17-2007, 08:56 PM
would you please not talk about things you know nothing about.

agreed
This is were pbnation turns out to be good. They have so much people from the companys and the first of the owners of them there.

FA22RaptorF22
01-17-2007, 08:57 PM
Fine. I have to say they do seem kinda of cheap with a fairly overall good design for only 400$.

I would have to catergorized it as a mid level gun. I hate when people are trying to put this gun on top from the get-go.

Lohman446
01-17-2007, 08:59 PM
Fine. I have to say they do seem kinda of cheap with a fairly overall good design for only 400$.

I would have to catergorized it as a mid level gun. I hate when people are trying to put this gun on top from the get-go.

Ever held / fired one?

I ask because I ordered one when they first came out and have yet to see it, yeh there were board issues but I am curious if you have ever held or fired one?

FA22RaptorF22
01-17-2007, 09:00 PM
^^no i havent. I have to admit i am expressing a biased opinion :rolleyes:

geekwarrior
01-17-2007, 09:16 PM
^^no i havent. I have to admit i am expressing a biased opinion :rolleyes:

well, seeing as you and prob 90% of the people on this forum haven't shot one, I think this thread is a little pointless. It's a little to early to have an opinion, other than from what you heard or how it looks.

FA22RaptorF22
01-17-2007, 09:18 PM
True. I do really hate the fact that i can only throw a preset on the mini. Are there adjustable screw ins? They really need to change that...but if lowering or adding pressure makes no difference...let it fly.

where am i?
01-17-2007, 09:19 PM
Ever held / fired one?

I ask because I ordered one when they first came out and have yet to see it, yeh there were board issues but I am curious if you have ever held or fired one?

they are waiting till they have to new boards to ship them out. But if you are one of the lucky few you got one like me and it works you can just get the up graded board in 2 to 3 weeks. Also I have heard talk about a aftermarket board coming out. Im not sure it might be virtue.

cyrus-the-virus
01-17-2007, 09:21 PM
I've shot one. I like the trigger pull but I'm not a fan of the overall gun.

Very smooth trigger board but it is much to small and too light for my tastes.

I didn't get to shoot anypaint out of it just some dryfireing action, My opinion might change if/when I've played a game with it.

fullofpaint
01-17-2007, 09:22 PM
I own one, got the only one that the stores got around here :D

I like it, the feel is very good, nothing feels very cheap, grips are eh, very remiscent of hybrid grips IMO (cant stand that type). Unofrtunatly the boards do have a problem and until it's fixed I can;'t paly with it, but I did dump a couple hoppers through it and I really liked it, not as good as my Dm6 but hey for 400 bucks? cant complain.

oh and for those who cry about not having an on/off, I thought I would be one of those people, but so far it's been extremly easy to get the tank on and off

punkncat
01-17-2007, 09:22 PM
Having been lucky enough to hold one I hope that it turns out to be as nice as it felt and looked.

geekwarrior
01-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Having been lucky enough to hold one I hope that it turns out to be as nice as it felt and looked.

If/when they get the bugs worked out....it will be. I would love mine alot more if the board problem was fixed.

where am i?
01-17-2007, 09:29 PM
If/when they get the bugs worked out....it will be. I would love mine alot more if the board problem was fixed.

Give it 3-4 weeks adn you will be shooting ropes with it. Have you send it to NPS from to replace the board?

geekwarrior
01-17-2007, 09:32 PM
Give it 3-4 weeks adn you will be shooting ropes with it. Have you send it to NPS from to replace the board?

yes. When I called before sending it in, they told me 2-3 day turn around. After they got it they called and told me 3 weeks. It shot great when it stayed on. :rolleyes:

where am i?
01-17-2007, 09:41 PM
yes. When I called before sending it in, they told me 2-3 day turn around. After they got it they called and told me 3 weeks. It shot great when it stayed on. :rolleyes:

I know what the problem is. The board was short ciruting from electisity building up on the battery and shocking the board and them causes to short circut or some thing like that to fix it you just need to put some foam tape a put it on the battery so part of the battery touches the board.

BD_Paintball
01-17-2007, 09:45 PM
they look pretty sweet and are super small. All the vids i have seen they are fast just like all other electros. if i was in the market for a marker in that price range i would pick one up.

where am i?
01-17-2007, 09:58 PM
they look pretty sweet and are super small. All the vids i have seen they are fast just like all other electros. if i was in the market for a marker in that price range i would pick one up.

There are alot of new guns out there for that price range.

BD_Paintball
01-17-2007, 10:18 PM
There are alot of new guns out there for that price range.
i know this and out of all of those i would get the mini, i guess i was not clear about that

rmg
01-17-2007, 10:22 PM
I thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.
Yes, I bought one. I told my shop that as soon as they were available I wanted one, at the time he had no idea what I was talking about.
I got it just before Christmas, I did have the problem with it shutting off, and until you unplugged the battery and reset it, it wouldn't power up.
Called NPS, got an RMA, sent it to them, got it back in a week. Works like a champ.
I'm still trying different dwell and reg settings but so far it shoots good. I put a Pulse hopper on it (no chip) and I've been using a NitroDuck 45/4500 with the X stream adjustable reg, set some where over 400.
I have about 2 cases of paint through it so far, I'm kinda waiting for the reg to break in before I really start to mess with it.
The weirdest thing is that you can actually feel it weighs alot more when the hopper is full, I just never noticed that before.
The stock barrel shoots a nice straight line of paint, and its fairly quiet. 3 things I don't like are, too much side to side slop in the trigger, no on/off for the tank, and having to open the front grip to change any settings. Other than that its fun!

where am i?
01-18-2007, 07:17 PM
Im surprised that more people havent been trashing the mini

SCpoloRicker
01-18-2007, 07:27 PM
FA22RaptorF22: Seriously, don't respond to questions if you have no solid information about the topic at hand. You consistently chime in, and you're consistently wrong, mis-informed, or just flat biased.

don miguel
01-18-2007, 08:37 PM
I think thier kinda cool, I held one at BPS once, and I liked the 45 degree grip, it was larger than the UL (im not a UL fan) ans comfy. I like the feed of the whole thing in general. My only prob was the fact that you can't change the ASA and or the reg (yet). I haven't shot one, but they feel nice. I woulden't buy one though, I would buy a quest instead, those feel much better. (NPS companies)

Triangle
01-18-2007, 09:06 PM
I think thier kinda cool, I held one at BPS once, and I liked the 45 degree grip, it was larger than the UL (im not a UL fan) ans comfy. I like the feed of the whole thing in general. My only prob was the fact that you can't change the ASA and or the reg (yet). I haven't shot one, but they feel nice. I woulden't buy one though, I would buy a quest instead, those feel much better. (NPS companies)

Every frame on the market is going to be bigger than a UL frame. It's called the Ultralight frame for a reason, you idiot.

I'm pretty sure they did it that way because of the current trend of running your HPA tank on a bottomline/rail configuration. It allows for a faster rate of fire, and overall the general paintball population finds it to be more comfortable to hold, shoot, and move with. They did it that way because of the popularity of running the tank that way.

The ASA was made that way for a reason, to allow for the battery and electronics to be put in a different location, making the overall marker smaller.* You have to make sacrifices to do something like this. If you can do it better than Simon can, be my guest, I know I sure can't.

FA22RaptorF22: Shut up. You know less than Don, and you're just as stupid as he is.

I'm not even sure you fully understand HOW the automag works. I say that because if you're comparing the invert --which is different --TO said automag, and then telling us it's the same thing, then you've GOT to be an idiot. Not only that, but Simon Ripping off AGD? Jesus Christ.
Why aren't you all over the freestyle? I resembles how the automag works, didn't you know that? Of course you did, because you're some sort of genius, right?

I shot one at my local shop. It didn't have any problems that I could tell, and I really enjoyed how it all came together. The trigger felt comfy, and the geometry of said trigger was pretty damn nice. It took me a moment to get used to no click of a switch, but after a few seconds I was shooting ropes.

*If this can be amended or corrected by Simon/Manike, please go ahead.

fullofpaint
01-18-2007, 09:14 PM
I msut admit though I felt really stupid, when I went to adjsat the trigger I just started turrning it, without looking for the contact point then when I went to test it I kept panicking cause I couldn't hear the micro-switch clicking and I didn;t know it was a HES sensor, then I read the manual and felt awfully dumb :rofl:

Triangle
01-18-2007, 09:18 PM
I msut admit though I felt really stupid, when I went to adjsat the trigger I just started turrning it, without looking for the contact point then when I went to test it I kept panicking cause I couldn't hear the micro-switch clicking and I didn;t know it was a HES sensor, then I read the manual and felt awfully dumb :rofl:

That isn't being dumb at all.
You remember to check, and you even read the manual. Reading the manual is something ALOT of people don't do. And when people don't properly brief themself on problems that may aocur, thats when things break. That's alot when the very same people that didn't read the manual, blame it on someone else.
And on that note, I give you AO's general attitude towards anything that isn't an automag.

Triangle
01-18-2007, 09:19 PM
Why did Don Miguel vote that he regrets buying one?
He's never owned one, and has made that public.

Piranti
01-18-2007, 09:29 PM
Well, I own one and have had maybe 3 days of play with mine. First day was nice no kick very small tight little package. shot flawlessly. Two days later attempted to play could not get to chrono then when was able to get the chrono upto spec i made soup of my halo. Sent it back to NPS got it back with a new board, bolt, and think they adjusted the regulator. My sister used it and it shot flawlessly, she liked it alot because of the small size and weight, she started the day off with my classic mag. Added a day's worth of play because I was going through all my tanks (4) of air (45/45, 68/45, 68/45, 88/45) and a case of paint once I had it back from NPS. It has worked like a charm since.

Triangle
01-18-2007, 09:32 PM
Well, I own one and have had maybe 3 days of play with mine. First day was nice no kick very small tight little package. shot flawlessly. Two days later attempted to play could not get to chrono then when was able to get the chrono upto spec i made soup of my halo. Sent it back to NPS got it back with a new board, bolt, and think they adjusted the regulator. My sister used it and it shot flawlessly, she liked it alot because of the small size and weight, she started the day off with my classic mag. Added a day's worth of play because I was going through all my tanks (4) of air (45/45, 68/45, 68/45, 88/45) and a case of paint once I had it back from NPS. It has worked like a charm since.

Would you reccomend it to someone else?
HOw was your experience with NPS customer service?

where am i?
01-18-2007, 09:59 PM

Im working on getting a quest in a trade right now and when did he hold one they dont even have them. Did some some one bring one it to get checked out? If they did they are retards because they will just mess around with it there.

RavishingEddie
01-19-2007, 11:25 AM
I held a mini and it felt super light. I was going to give it a biased opinion because I like bigger guns, but that is when I said to myself "Eddie! not all guns have to feel strong and manly, people nowadays are opting for the unisex marker." Therefor I give this marker two thumbs up! Because it taught me something very important in life. A gun should not just be made for testosterone filled freaks like me. It should be also made to be held by girlfriends, kids and grandmas. :clap:

Buy this gun ;)

geekwarrior
01-19-2007, 11:29 AM
I held a mini and it felt super light. I was going to give it a biased opinion because I like bigger guns, but that is when I said to myself "Eddie! not all guns have to feel strong and manly, people nowadays are opting for the unisex marker." Therefor I give this marker two thumbs up! Because it taught me something very important in life. A gun should not just be made for testosterone filled freaks like me. It should be also made to be held by girlfriends, kids and grandmas. :clap:

Buy this gun ;)

Do you like bigger guns because your trying to compensate for something? ;)

Beemer
01-19-2007, 12:12 PM
FA22RaptorF22: Seriously, don't respond to questions if you have no solid information about the topic at hand. You consistently chime in, and you're consistently wrong, mis-informed, or just flat biased.

That made me laugh considering the source. :spit_take

Beemer
01-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Ok

I'm pretty sure they did it that way because of the current trend of running your HPA tank on a bottomline/rail configuration. It allows for a faster rate of fire, and overall the general paintball population finds it to be more comfortable to hold, shoot, and move with.

How does that make it shoot faster.lol

FA22RaptorF22: Shut up. You know less than Don, and you're just as stupid as he is.

Reminds me of you.

I'm not even sure you fully understand HOW the automag works. I say that because if you're comparing the invert --which is different --TO said automag, and then telling us it's the same thing, then you've GOT to be an idiot.

It uses a HES, JUST lika a Mag. Who has the patent on that anyway?

Everybodys constant name calling makes you sound as immature as you probably are.

Altimas
01-19-2007, 12:33 PM
That made me laugh considering the source. :spit_take

Yeah after what Raptor had posted previosuly and Lohman had shot him down it was kinda funny to see him post that. O sup Hypocrit! :tard:

SCpoloRicker
01-19-2007, 01:26 PM
Uh, I'm kind of at a loss here, Beemer... care to clarify?

FA22RaptorF22
01-19-2007, 01:32 PM

What the hell?!!

Why are you bashing me...I haven't said anything in a page and havent even looked into this thread for a while. The last thing i said was a good comment on how i didn't really like that you could only use screw ins. When i talk you seem to hate me triangle and who the hell are you ricker?!?!

Ricker...back off. Triangle...take your own advise.

Edit: and Lohman didn't shoot me down....he just helped to clerify that opinions are kind of pointless without actually having one. And those of you saying i have no information...dont talk...because like lohman said...99% of you DO NOT own one of these guns. :shooting:

SCpoloRicker
01-19-2007, 01:56 PM

I like your edit as well.

FA22RaptorF22
01-19-2007, 02:32 PM
I like your edit as well.

Grr i said that post backwards and fast.

Mag = unbalanced, blow forward spool valve.

mini= pcp (pressure controlled poppet)

But as i was trying to say, they initally took the mag valve and made it electro-pneumatic.

warbeak2099
01-19-2007, 02:34 PM
Raptor... stop spewing misinformation. The Mini is way different from a mag. If anything it's much closer to a King Cobra (Taiwanese gun). It's not a mag nor did the designers have any intention of re-designing the mag, shut the hell up. That was one of the first things Simon said to us. "This is not a mag nor is it anything like a mag", is pretty much what he said.

And everyone uses screw ins now. Especially when they've made adjustable screw ins. No one uses drops anymore either, they're stupid and not ergonomic. So there is nothing wrong with the Mini's ASA. Seriously shut up Raptor.

FA22RaptorF22
01-19-2007, 02:38 PM
Raptor... stop spewing misinformation. The Mini is way different from a mag. It's basically a cross between a PL Isis and a King Cobra (Taiwanese gun). It's not a mag nor did the designers have any intention of re-designing the mag, shut the hell up.

And everyone uses screw ins now. Especially when they've made adjustable screw ins. No one uses drops anymore either, they're stupid and not ergonomic. So there is nothing wrong with the Mini's ASA. Seriously shut up Raptor.

Where did drops come from? And no they are not stupid. I just dont like the fact that an adjustable cannot be used. (and yes. adjustables ARE better).

And all information in the last post is correct.

warbeak2099
01-19-2007, 02:39 PM
Where did drops come from? And no they are not stupid. I just dont like the fact that an adjustable cannot be used. (and yes. adjustables ARE better).

And all information in the last post is correct.

Oh my God it's called an adjustable screw-in. And you were complaining about the ASA before. And no your last post was incorrect. The Mini is nothing like a mag. Simon knows much better than you.

geekwarrior
01-19-2007, 02:42 PM
why do you need an adjustable? you can adjust the pressure with the reg on the gun.

FA22RaptorF22
01-19-2007, 02:48 PM
Fine, you guys want me to shut up on this topic, fine.

But when it comes to guns that actually are out and working...i know what i am talking about (ie: mags)

In the long run, all that matters is that mags are better than the mini, and always will be. out.

And you need adjustables because you can get some with very nice regs. Also, only being able to use a screw in means that people only with adjustables cannot use the mini (like me).

SCpoloRicker
01-19-2007, 03:13 PM
But as i was trying to say, they initally took the mag valve and made it electro-pneumatic.

*sigh*

Lohman446
01-19-2007, 03:16 PM

Why are adjustables better?

SCpoloRicker
01-19-2007, 03:31 PM
Why are adjustables better?

They make my mag shoot 34bps!!1

Triangle
01-19-2007, 06:00 PM
Ok

OK.

With your arm outstretched an in a more natural postion, you're less prone to aches, pains and initial fatigue than you would have should you scrunch your arm up, using a long, tight drop forward. You can't tell me or anyone else otherwise.

A the large population of people that shoot with a rail do so for a reason, not just because it looks cool.

What about the freestyle, how about that one?
Mag valve! OH NO!

Triangle
01-19-2007, 06:03 PM
who the hell are you ricker?!?!

He is your worst nightmare.

Grr i said that post backwards and fast.

Mag = unbalanced, blow forward spool valve.

mini= pcp (pressure controlled poppet)

Jesus.

behemoth
01-19-2007, 06:11 PM
reading these replies has brought me to a verdict.

raptor is a moron.

FA22RaptorF22
01-19-2007, 10:44 PM
I said i was sorry ok....forget this thread. It was stupid from the beginning.

When it comes to mags i can talk...maybe not about this.

And no, im not a moron :cool:

edit: and also, i was never complaining about the mini not having an on/off or being a bottomline....all my guns do not have drops. I just would like to be able to use my adjustables on the mini if i had one as i do not have any screw ins.

where am i?
01-20-2007, 01:21 AM
I used my mini today it ws insane. It was doing great agenst all the other guns out there.

FA22RaptorF22
01-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Really? Better than your hot emag? If so...i might have to consider a later batch if they are only 400 :D Lmk how it turns out.

where am i?
01-20-2007, 04:19 PM
Really? Better than your hot emag? If so...i might have to consider a later batch if they are only 400 :D Lmk how it turns out.

It really depends what your into and yes I like it more then my mag. Over all the best gun I shot yesterday was the huricanes 07 ego. It was shotting like butter. Im even selling my mag to get one and my angel a1. But for the price the mini is great. I put the RF chip in it to.

Doc Nickel
01-20-2007, 05:08 PM
With your arm outstretched an in a more natural postion, you're less prone to aches, pains and initial fatigue than you would have should you scrunch your arm up, using a long, tight drop forward. You can't tell me or anyone else otherwise.

A the large population of people that shoot with a rail do so for a reason, not just because it looks cool.

-That's odd, because I'm completely the opposite. I use a small drop-forward (http://www.docsmachine.com/galleries/swoopy.jpg) on nearly everything (http://www.docsmachine.com/galleries/bigredfast.jpg) I shoot, because holding the gun close and "scrunched up" as you call it, is to me much less fatiguing and considerably more comfortable.

What's "natural" for one person, isn't necessarily the same for another.

Doc.

thefool
01-20-2007, 08:46 PM
-That's odd, because I'm completely the opposite. I use a small drop-forward (http://www.docsmachine.com/galleries/swoopy.jpg) on nearly everything (http://www.docsmachine.com/galleries/bigredfast.jpg) I shoot, because holding the gun close and "scrunched up" as you call it, is to me much less fatiguing and considerably more comfortable.

What's "natural" for one person, isn't necessarily the same for another.

Doc.
OWNT

honestly flame wars need to cease, can't we all just get along.

REDRT
01-21-2007, 01:18 AM
I think it isn't AGD. Not worth my time. My .02 :ninja:

warbeak2099
01-21-2007, 01:24 AM
I think it isn't AGD. Not worth my time. My .02 :ninja:

And our daily example of human ignorance. Thanks we all needed that.

REDRT
01-21-2007, 02:08 AM
And our daily example of human ignorance. Thanks we all needed that.
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/9350/cypher29ct.th.jpg (http://img147.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cypher29ct.jpg)

Ignorance is bliss... :p

Jackel411
01-21-2007, 03:10 AM
Im going to skip three pages of this and explain why I voted the way I did..

Hate them and throw them in the fire.

My shop preordered 7 according to our rep.. The brother of the owner! We were the second shop to pre pay for the guns. We were told that we would get them in the first run on december 12th.

Well its now more than a month later... we have no guns.. other shops got them before us..

We canceled all 7 of our guns and said more or less to shove it.

So how do I like my mini? I love my Marq Rapper just fine.

geekwarrior
01-21-2007, 03:38 PM
I have been waiting to vote, but I finally had a day to try mine out. I was having board problems before, sent it into NPS, after they got it they told me 2-3 weeks, so I told them send it back, I'll send it back in when you get the boards in. I previously was using energizers, and the board would shut off. Switched to Duracell's (an old one at that), shot all day, no problems.

Simply put, I love this gun. I shot about a case and 1/2 through it(Ramp and Gap paint) with zero breaks. It is so small and light, I don't think I can go back to anything bigger. There was a little kick in the beginning of the day, but as the reg gets broken in, it's getting less and less. I had it on semi, shoots fast. Haven't messed around with the modes or ramping yet.

I only have 2 complaints. I would like a venting on/off for the reg. The tank can be hard to unscrew. Not a big deal, but a possible upgrade in the future. I also would like a different trigger. There is just a little too much side to side play in it.

Hopefully it holds up. It took a bit of a beating yesterday, but time will be the telling factor. Invert needs to hurry up and get more of these out, I think once they get the bugs ironed out, you're going to see alot of these on the field. :shooting:

Cameo
01-25-2007, 01:57 AM
Can't vote either way... We pre ordered 2 in the middle of November.. Was upset when date was pushed from the 2nd... then they 20th came around.. Still nothing... now 9 weeks after we preordered, ready to say screw it and cancell BOTH of the preorders we have (through 2 seperate shops).
I understand the whole "they had no idea there would be this much of a demand" But simple things like seeing there are over 1,500 "friends" on Myspace should have given some clue.. As is the number of hits they got on Youtube.

Sigh... I am normally a very patient person... if I am wrong for wanting to cancell the preorders then tell me..

Triangle
01-25-2007, 02:01 AM
Can't vote either way... We pre ordered 2 in the middle of November.. Was upset when date was pushed from the 2nd... then they 20th came around.. Still nothing... now 9 weeks after we preordered, ready to say screw it and cancell BOTH of the preorders we have (through 2 seperate shops).
I understand the whole "they had no idea there would be this much of a demand" But simple things like seeing there are over 1,500 "friends" on Myspace should have given some clue.. As is the number of hits they got on Youtube.

Sigh... I am normally a very patient person... if I am wrong for wanting to cancell the preorders then tell me..

You are not wrong to cancel anything that you don't want to wait for.

SkApAiNtMaG
01-25-2007, 11:01 AM

Jesus man, you flip flop like John Kerry. Don't forget what you said
"i know what i am talking about (ie: mags)

In the long run, all that matters is that mags are better than the mini, and always will be. out.

so "out" already.

Lohman446
01-25-2007, 11:28 AM

You're not wrong. There were unforseen problems that are delaying them, not really the shops fault. that being said you ordered them with a date in mind and that has gone, cancelling would not be wrong. I prefer that they are delaying until they fix the problems rather than shipping and letting people deal with it later.