PDA

View Full Version : level 10...chopping paint?!?!

ProblemKinder
01-17-2007, 11:13 PM
ok so my mag is doing something very uncharacteristic of a mag with the level 10....it's chopping balls. i'm so tired of opening up my gun and cleaning the bolt that's covered in paint. when I chrono it, it will be like, 340, then it will shoot fine until i stop shooting, and wait a couple seconds, then it's hot again. i also noticed that the valve starts hissing after those few seconds, and after one or two shots, it stops hissing until I wait again. I have the level 10, x valve, ULE Trigger and a 3k tank. what's going on!?

DoritoBandito77
01-17-2007, 11:34 PM
i am no expert, but i would check / clean all the o-rings in the on/off
sorry this advice will have to do till someone more knowledgeable comes along
good luck

MANN
01-17-2007, 11:39 PM
you probally need to replace orings in the reg, and clean the reg piston.

ghostdog2019
01-18-2007, 09:49 AM
Give us a little more information regarding the hiss. Is it coming from the back of the valve, down the barrel, etc. As for the fluctuating Velocity take the valve halves apart and remove the velocity nut. Now take a small allen key and push the reg out of the valve. Check the oring for any damage or dirt. After you do that look at the spring pack make sure there is no dirt or damage their. If it looks like the original lube has worn down take some dow 33 and lightly spread it on the spring pack. Now with the regulator take some autolube or oil and smooth aroung the reg and oring. Now place everything back in and tighten the velocity nut. After that is complete check all orings for any damage thoughout the valve. Oil and reassemble the valve. If this does not fix your problem then there is an issue with your level 10. You might have to drop down one carrier size. Post back your results

-Mike Brothman

BigEvil
01-18-2007, 10:01 AM
Venting out of the back is a safety feature. Either the gun is too hot or the pistion is bad. Since you said that the gun will shoot hot when you let it sit, i suspect a rebuild is in order. R&R all of the reg orings, the piston too to be safe, and dont forget about the valve pin. They do go bad.

Once you get the velocity issue settled then you can see whats up with the lvl10. There might not even be anything wrong with it.

ProblemKinder
01-22-2007, 12:55 AM
it's not leaking out the barrel, it's leaking out the back where the valve is. I'll do everything in this post and update on the status when I'm done. I just bought one of those RT kits with all the new O-Rings and things. thanks guys!

hmudd13
01-22-2007, 02:39 AM
Try inspecting the regulator seat, could be dirty or damaged

athomas
01-22-2007, 01:00 PM
The regulator seat oring is the main culprit that causes that problem. Broken paint on the bolt is most likely caused by using a barrel id that is too small for the paint you are using.

ProblemKinder
01-23-2007, 11:47 PM
what is the barrel size of the RT pro stock barrel?

The regulator seat oring is the main culprit that causes that problem. Broken paint on the bolt is most likely caused by using a barrel id that is too small for the paint you are using.

athomas
01-24-2007, 08:03 PM
I don't know what the newer barrel ids are but the older ones were fairly large. That being said, I have had to use really large .693 -.696" bore barrels before. Check the fit of the paint you are using. You should be able to see only 2 points of contact inside the barrel. Any more than 2 points of contact then your barrel is too small for your paint.