PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the Hammerhead barrels?

surfbum
01-18-2007, 02:27 PM
Ive been looking at the hammerhead pro-series barrel kit
there aren't many reviews on pbreview.com
so i was wondering if anyone on AO has used or owns them and what they think of them

thanks for your help

StygShore
01-18-2007, 03:10 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=198494&highlight=hammerhead

Styg

End Thread :)

surfbum
01-18-2007, 03:12 PM
thanks styg

believe it or not i did search before posting the thread but i must have missed it

bryceeden
01-19-2007, 10:46 PM
Put simply don't buy one get the redz pepperstick or empire revolver or something like that its cheaper and better.

Desega
01-20-2007, 12:14 AM
Don't be a hater, tater.

Miscue
01-20-2007, 08:21 PM
Get something else. An AGD Crown-point for instance. Or a Lapco Snapshot. A threaded .688 PVC pipe... Or whatever else anybody has suggested... as long as it isn't from Hammerhead... or a company with similar practices. :)

Barrels are all about the same... despite religious paintball dogma that says otherwise.

I used to get Lapco stainless barrels so I could bonk someone on the head with it... doesn't work so well with aluminum or carbon fiber. Stainless steel is not a myth.

Drizit
01-22-2007, 09:40 AM
Get something else. An AGD Crown-point for instance. Or a Lapco Snapshot. A threaded .688 PVC pipe... Or whatever else anybody has suggested... as long as it isn't from Hammerhead... or a company with similar practices. :)

Just curious Miscue what are these practices of witch you speek? Hammerhead have alwase been a buch of totaly stand up guys as far as I can tell. If you know different then please do tell... unless of course you are refering to the fact that they clame to have a better product then anyone else and you dissagree. On that note though we should black list just about every paintball company, or infact just about every company with a product.

Surfbum: As to your question I use a hammer head kit on my Impuls and quite like it, I upgraded from a freak after shooting both back to back on the same hopper of paint. I walked in saying rifleing doesn't do anything (I was talking to Palmer infront of the HH booth at the IAO) and walked out with a shiny new HH kit. I don't know if it's the rifleing that makes the differance, but I do know that they work well.

Lohman446
01-22-2007, 09:48 AM
Just curious Miscue what are these practices of witch you speek? Hammerhead have alwase been a buch of totaly stand up guys as far as I can tell. If you know different then please do tell... unless of course you are refering to the fact that they clame to have a better product then anyone else and you dissagree. On that note though we should black list just about every paintball company, or infact just about every company with a product.

They claim there product ignores the laws of physics and then bash anyone who questions it.

SCpoloRicker
01-22-2007, 12:05 PM

O RLY?

Drizit
01-22-2007, 12:54 PM
As I said, I've never personaly seen, heard, or read it. I know they make clames that their product is the best (and at least they do have some comparitive data. Thats more then most companies.) I know they clame it's the rifleing that does it, but does it realy matter if it's the rifling or if it's just a good if somewhat over priced kit? Hey at least they will interact with their clients, the only reason you don't see anyone else saying "no you are wrong ours is better" is because they won't respond to you. I send the sceptor guys an email about 5 months ago with a question about getting one of their kits, I still havn't gotten a reply or a return phone call for the message I left them. I've had long conversations with Robert from Hammer Head, and have even had offers to make me a custom kit just the way I want it for my phantom once I get the money together. (with regular short fins not the ugly long phantom back that fits inside the pump.) know anyone else making kits that's will do that? (other then the custom airsmithing guys.)