PDA

View Full Version : "Hey AGD!"

Triangle
01-18-2007, 06:19 PM
If you need to talk to me do it here. I watch the forum every day but you need to put something like "Hey AGD!" in the title so i see it.

AGD

With that being said.

Were you sent a cease and desist order from Smart Parts?
Were you sent ANYTHING from Smart Parts?

Please confirm or deny these questions.
If you've got the time, please elaborate.

SCpoloRicker
01-18-2007, 06:40 PM
Yes there is an announcement but we are not ready to talk about it at this time. We are NOT in any legal situation with Smart Parts. Go ahead and speculate all you want because if I told you not too you would anyway. It will all make sense in the end.

AGD

mobsterboy
01-18-2007, 06:46 PM

I dont get it though. that was TWO YEARS ago. I fail to see it making sense. or am i just a dumb pirate? :confused: :argh:

Triangle
01-18-2007, 06:48 PM

No no, it wont mean anything to anyone if Tom doesn't come out and say it himself again.

txaggie08
01-18-2007, 06:48 PM
AGD was never served a C&D order per tom kaye's own mouth.

geekwarrior
01-18-2007, 06:54 PM
No no, it wont mean anything to anyone if Tom doesn't come out and say it himself again.

I'll take "irony" for 300 Alex.

Mind'sEye
01-18-2007, 07:14 PM
Maybe this'll tide you over until TK gets here....

Guys,

To set the record straight:

We were contacted by SP about potential violations under their previous patent on the shocker. This was not the patent they ended up sueing everyone on. This told us we were not immune in the long run.

We were told by high level individuals in the company that they didn't see anyone that they believed was not in violation of their patents.

We were never contacted about violations under the latest patent that everyone else was sued for but we figured we were on the list.

When it came time to think about revamping the emag there were several considerations:
The investment in a new design
Once we commited to a new design and the money, if we were sued it would mean we would have to commit to a license.
We didnt have the money to do both the license and the revamp.
The odds of coming up with a succesful product that could cover the costs of the development and the license were low.
Overall money risk against likelyhood of success we determined was not worth the risk reward ratio.

Thats why we didn't go on to make another Emag. RIP.

AGD

SCpoloRicker
01-18-2007, 07:28 PM

I'll take "irony" for 300 Alex.

*head asplodes*

CKY_Alliance
01-18-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by AGD
Guys,

To set the record straight:

We were contacted by SP about potential violations under their previous patent on the shocker. This was not the patent they ended up sueing everyone on. This told us we were not immune in the long run.

We were told by high level individuals in the company that they didn't see anyone that they believed was not in violation of their patents.

We were never contacted about violations under the latest patent that everyone else was sued for but we figured we were on the list.

When it came time to think about revamping the emag there were several considerations:
The investment in a new design
Once we commited to a new design and the money, if we were sued it would mean we would have to commit to a license.
We didnt have the money to do both the license and the revamp.
The odds of coming up with a succesful product that could cover the costs of the development and the license were low.
Overall money risk against likelyhood of success we determined was not worth the risk reward ratio.

Thats why we didn't go on to make another Emag. RIP.

Well for those of you waiting for a new e-gun from AGD..i wouldn't wait any longer... Because personally i doubt thing have changed and if so..they have only gotten worse..
Not that we didn't alreasy know that.

PsychoBaller
01-18-2007, 07:56 PM
With that being said.

Were you sent a cease and desist order from Smart Parts?
Were you sent ANYTHING from Smart Parts?

Please confirm or deny these questions.
If you've got the time, please elaborate.

sigh..... Triangle, no offense, but you too could use another going-over of the very recent "how-to" in this section.

Other than what others have posted above, a quick search on such topic would have also resulted in this thread - http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=126903&highlight=sues+AGD

and a couple of quotes from TK himself from such thread:

... Here is the short explanation. AGDE has taken a job to run the National Paintball Europe distribution center. They will still distribute our products but making bodies is not high on the list. They are machining the last of the extrusions so there will only be one more batch of about 50 xmags. Some people on the list will not get them, sorry I dont know what to say.

The Emag is going on 4 years old and is due for a complete revamp. We will be selling off the last of them (about 250) and discontinuing that product.

Now the bad news, with the current legal situations going on in paintball it is not strategicaly smart for us to invest in a new e-marker at this time. We are going to wait until the dust settles and see who comes out on top before we proceed with a new design.

We will work slowly on a new concept that will eliminate the large battery and charger, incorporate the ULT trigger system and completely new electronics. We don't expect to introduce this marker until 2005 if it makes sense to do so.

The point of all this is that we are making these decisions based on industry influences. Our customers have nothing to do with the products we do or don't develop these days. Think about it.

AGD

-baller

CKY_Alliance
01-18-2007, 08:00 PM
I believe he wants it reiterated by Tom himself.

atleast thats what again means to me.

PsychoBaller
01-18-2007, 08:03 PM
Tom's already said it once (or a couple for that matter).....

I'm not trying to speak for TK of course, the man-the myth-the legend... but he's got better things to do than repeat himself again and again; especially when people could easily search for the answer in less than 5 sec.

... ... he's probably digging up Dinosaur bones somewhere out west, or gazing into a telescope out there, heh :bounce:

Triangle
01-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Tom's already said it once (or a couple)... Has better things to do than repeat himself again and again when people could easily search for it in less than 5sec.

... ... he's probably digging up Dinosaur bones somewhere out west, or gazing into a telescope somewhere out west, heh :bounce:

This all simply spawned of a seperate thread.

Tunaman
01-18-2007, 08:26 PM
It is STILL no ones business but AGD's. Quit asking personal legal questions of this company. You want answers? Write Tom a letter and mail it.
That being said...this thread is now closed.

AGD
01-19-2007, 01:13 AM
Nothing has changed since the last posting.

AGD