PDA

View Full Version : Scientology - an overview

SCpoloRicker
01-18-2007, 06:37 PM
No way I can be brief, but I can be longwinded and provide an extremely condensed summary of some of the most important basic ideas, at least as I see it.

1. The metaphysical and material/physical realms are utterly separate in nature, with the material realm subject to the metaphysical for some purposes but the metaphysical in no way controlled by the material.

2. The main occupants of the metaphysical realm are referred to as "thetans" merely to give them a name which has no historical baggage to it whatsoever.
(A) Higher orders of sentient being than the ordinary thetan, such as God, gods, or angels, are assumed possible or probable but never specifically addressed in Scientology - it's a religion leaving one free to pursue one's own theology.
(B) "Thetan" does not refer to ancient space aliens, as some half-informed tittering critics or on-lookers like to think, but is simply the name for every sentient entity that makes up a conventional person. One never "has" a thetan, one is a thetan. Most, but not all thetans, do in fact interact with the material realm on an ongoing seemingly perpetual basis, most but not all going so far as to possess a material body, usually of animal construction, of which the human body is the most popular to own and pretend to "be" on this particular planet. A few who are in a state where they aren't pretending to be in a body might like to pretend they are a higher order of being and play silly little games with the rest of us.
(C) A special branch of thetans, so called "body thetans" (a completely secret and hidden doctrine in Scientology that one is exposed to only after jumping through a long series of preliminary hoops), are merely thetans who are
(1) too terrified of being identified as someone in a body and thus susceptible to being targeted, but also are
(2) too terrified of being lonely and out of touch with other intelligence,
that they can't resist clinging onto some body inhabited by someone much more capable and unafraid compared to themselves. This is much like a toddler clinging on to a mother's skirt while following her around and hoping to be protected, able to hid from threats, and not feel alone and in terror.
Personally I think "body thetans" are a full-of-shiat theory, but have to accept that if thetans exist this special impaired type of thetan might exist too, at least in some instances. I think Hubbard came up with this idea largely to account for why he looked in such rotten shape one day when he ought to be very healthy if he was such a potent juju weilding type person, so full of magic mojo after working so intimately with the deeper secrets of existence for so many years. He had previously acknowledged some rare cases in which more than one thetan might be holding onto and attempting to be in possession of a meat body (akin to demonic possession), but suggested such rarities were not a big issue, ordinary exorcism or other ritual could cope with it as it had in the past, and no special Scientology process would really be needed other than assessing why two intelligent people are in a fight as if in normal life in separate bodies, and the whole "body thetan" idea was pretty much a nonsequiter to his previous positions. His attribution of somatic pains and ills to some puny little being too terrified of being alone and yet too terrified of being spotted and thus subject to attack, as cause of unwanted events in a body inhabited by a much stronger being and to all other respects apparently under the stronger beings complete control, just doesn't add up to me.

3. Thetans participate in the material realm only through a complex set of self-deceptions and self-imposed limitations, one of the most crucial of which is a complexly nested scheme that involves purposely perceiving only an illusory version of both the material and metaphysical "theta" realm rather than the real version of either, in order to maintain participation in the material realm despite belonging entirely to a metaphysical "theta" realm and the two realms being essentially unrelated.
It is essential, also, that an illusory "self" be self-perceived if one is to guard the persistence of the dual (or more) illusions masking both the material and theta realities. It is theorized that mere accurate self-perception may be enough in some cases to start unraveling the other illusions that one is persistently creating to mask the material and theta realities. Some people hold the idea that most religions teach about higher orders of being, such as God, gods, or angels, largely as a method of maintaining an illusory self conception, i.e. that one continues to believe in a false self-conception by means of first defining a falsely perceived order of beings that one is defined in relation to and then using that to falsely perceive one's own nature. This doesn't mean there is no such order of higher beings, merely that one uses a masking illusion about them to keep their reality from oneself, this in turn to keep intact one's masking illusion about oneself, which is all part and parcel of one's masking illusions about - well everything in short.
People who shout at deeply learned Scientologists that they are nuts and out of touch with reality probably prompt the Scientologist to think "My that person is passionate about his favorite masking illusion." Deeply learned Scientologists tend to assume most of what everyday humans perceive is merely a deliberately distorted illusory version of the same thing, and of illusory nature in such a way as best suits that person without being too out of step in the larger game being played - i.e. partially idiosyncratic though mostly socially constructed and agreed upon. On occasion some specific person might not be illusorily obscuring some aspect of reality, and if you want accurate knowledge about reality for some special purpose you can consult that person's ideas on the subject - such as in the way physicist accurately describe matter while still maintaining an illusory perception of everything else, same as the rest of humanity in the main. Deeply learned Scientologists tend to find "brainwashing" allegations hilarious as hell, because unbrainwashing is what they are about in their estimate, and it is funny to hear people so vehemently insist that the common illusion be respected at all times upon pain of having insinuations about one spoken. Deeply learned Scientologists find the sheeple around them funny as hell except for the fact that they are so persistently annoying towards anyone not pretending to be a sheeple as the script calls for.

4. Got a problem perceiving accurately either the real physical or metaphysical realms? (Which is the same as saying "Got a problem?" in Scientology.) "Scientology can help you with that", (the standard come-on for anything you say that ails you) which is in reality the ultimate solution Scientology has for everything: accurate perception of reality in itself is enough to utterly resolve any problem and alter any condition. "Greater awareness" is essentially the one panacea in Scientology, though it might have to be achieved in various baby steps and peculiar methods. Because of the deliberateness of forgetting the theta realm, and the complexity with which a scheme of dual illusions (or greater in number if one is employing extensively nested illusions to mask both the material and theta realms) is perpetuated to maintain one's role in the material game, it might be that ONLY very peculiar sounding methods are able to restore awareness in some of its aspects.

5. Among its helpful exercises are some intended to let you glimpse, whether just briefly or permanently, the actual operation of the theta realm. One of the most powerful of these experiences is called "exteriorization", or leaving the body.
It actually involves no leaving at all, just experiencing a reality in which you don't have a location in space except as an illusion, because a location in space is a purely physical thing and you aren't physical at all, only your body is.
It is possible, but not guaranteed, that in experiencing "exteriorization" one can perceive details of things not in the ordinary realm of senses and which involve variables so numerous that one couldn't have simply guessed, recalled, or imagined what was happening remotely but nevertheless accurately perceived. Unfortunately this can't be done on an at will, repeatable basis, so as to prove to a parapsychologist, for instance, the reality of exteriorization as opposed to it being some weird brain state, which is what most rabid materialists insist is the sole rational basis for all out-of-body experiences. Similarly some out-of-body cases studied from the near death experience involve accounts of conversations had in places remote from where the actual near dead person was - the person could not have simply heard these conversations nor imagined them if they can recount them that well.
It is an entirely subjective experience at present, though cases show it is a real experience at least some of the time, in my view. In my case, for instance, I "saw" a car coming down the road towards the building I was in which had a specific grill, specific amount of traffic around it, specific color and body style, etc etc., and then a few seconds later when it actually came in view of the window it matched up perfectly with what I "saw" when it was not in any conception in view. This was during an exercise which very frequently gives a person their first experience of "exteriorization", though not invariably.
Most people who have experienced exteriorization in a way that confirms to them, subjectively, that it is real rather than some weird brain state are thereafter willing to stick with Scientology for a long time in hopes of improving the stability and at-will control of this state. So far I don't think anyone's achieved that at all - at least no one I've met has including a horde of so called "OTs". I certainly wasn't willing to put up with all the bullshiat of membership and spend more time studying Scientology once I came into the option of dropping it at 18, despite having what I considered a completely reliable (if subjective) proof of the basic Scientology "theta" idea via exteriorization. They can introduce you to a new reality, but don't seem to have what it takes to help you live in it consistently, as advertised. I find the few psychiatrists and researchers into out-of-body, such as those doing experiments with ketamine or hyperventalation, much more worthy of my time and attention even if they do often wind up concluding "it's just a brain state". They might be wrong in my opinion, but at least they aren't weasely blowhards and share what they know without a lot of flim-flam, obsessive conspiracy theorizing, and yarn spinning. Also, I prefer operant conditioning or other behavioral science regimes as the explanation of most human behavior rather than Hubbard's stab at it. I still agree with him that we are "thetans", I just don't think he had the self-discipline to follow through on this idea very well and don't bother contemplating his extended views on the matter anymore.

geekwarrior
01-18-2007, 06:51 PM
and you're sharing this because?

SCpoloRicker
01-18-2007, 07:04 PM
and you're sharing this because?

I care about my fellow AOers, and would like to provide a non-biased summary of the Materials of L. Ron Hubbard so that we may be able to utilize some of the life-changing methods employed in Dianetics and the structured system of self-optimization presented by Scientology.

That, and because I'm feeling glib.

geekwarrior
01-18-2007, 07:07 PM
I care about my fellow AOers, and would like to provide a non-biased summary of the Materials of L. Ron Hubbard so that we may be able to utilize some of the life-changing methods employed in Dianetics and the structured system of self-optimization presented by Scientology.

That, and because I'm feeling glib.

hmm...Tom or John aren't standing behind you with a gun to your head are they? ;)

SCpoloRicker
01-18-2007, 07:08 PM
hmm...Tom or John aren't standing behind you with a gun to your head are they? ;)

Not with a gun... :ninja:

/not that there's anything wrong with that TM

koleah
01-18-2007, 07:14 PM
tl;dr :sleeping:

:cool:

SCpoloRicker
01-18-2007, 07:21 PM
tl;dr :sleeping:

:cool:

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/7167/fryseewhatudidphpis8.jpg

evildead420
01-18-2007, 07:29 PM
what? i cant read. :rolleyes: ;)

doc_Zox
01-18-2007, 08:23 PM
cliff notes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-52s7bm1qw

Triangle
01-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Damnit Rick.

silentdeath55
01-18-2007, 10:32 PM
I think this breaks some forum rule.....we'll let the mods figure that out......w/e

However, for now.....GO JESUS!

BD_Paintball
01-18-2007, 10:42 PM
sounds like a bunch of crazyness to me. all of those ppl are pretty crazy, they dont support psychology or psychiatry.

FactsOfLife
01-19-2007, 12:22 AM
L. Ron Hubbard was a certifiable whackjob, and a lousy author.

Triangle
01-19-2007, 01:48 AM
L. Ron Hubbard was a certifiable whackjob, and a lousy author.

I am setting my phaser to kill.

Lenny
01-19-2007, 02:19 AM
I am setting my phaser to kill.
My phaser goes to eleven!

Army
01-19-2007, 02:48 AM
Triangle is correct. Even L. Ron couldn't believe what became of his book.

L. Ron lived a few miles from here. He laughed about how anyone could have taken his book for reality, as he often commented that he made it up as he went along.

L. Ron was a Sci-Fi writer...nothing more. That there are people out there who cannot seperate fantasy from fact, makes it easy for cultists to warp little minds.

Pacifist_Farmer
01-19-2007, 07:53 AM
And make a crap load of money off of fake religions.

geekwarrior
01-19-2007, 09:30 AM
You should see the Scientology resort/center out here in Moron Valley. Looks like Disneyland, complete with a pirate ship and castle.

SCpoloRicker
01-19-2007, 12:22 PM
I think this breaks some forum rule.....we'll let the mods figure that out......w/e

However, for now.....GO JESUS!

http://www.shipbrook.com/karen/blog/images/buddychrist1.jpg

I'm actually about to start re-working my way through Dianetics, except that I heard there is a revised edition. Not sure if I should get that instead.

kosmo
01-19-2007, 02:07 PM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f165/bradbot/638c5872.jpg

/rAmen

SCpoloRicker
01-19-2007, 03:17 PM
Scientology does not specify about 'higher powers/beings' as they exist at the highest levels; and whatever 'they' are seem to have no effect on either the physical or metaphysical level.

Your noodly overlord is welcome to learn about imrpoving His Tasty Self with the life-changing methods employed in Dianetics and the structured system of self-optimization presented by Scientology. Would he like a free stress-test?

Dubstar112
01-19-2007, 03:30 PM
Scientology does not specify about 'higher powers/beings' as they exist at the highest levels; and whatever 'they' are seem to have no effect on either the physical or metaphysical level.

Your noodly overlord is welcome to learn about imrpoving His Tasty Self with the life-changing methods employed in Dianetics and the structured system of self-optimization presented by Scientology. Would he like a free stress-test?

Huh?

I dont believe in anything. Further more, I dont understand a word of what went down in this thread. I can see some religion debate getting closer, the only thing I have to say is if someone wants to learn about something... They will do it on their own.

/shaves beard.

SCpoloRicker
01-19-2007, 03:33 PM
Dubstar112 you sound like you're confused, and maybe a little stressed. Let's run a quick audit, and we'll see what is keeping you from seeing reality as it truly is.

Altimas
01-19-2007, 03:37 PM
Ricker you are freaking me out... :eek:

Dubstar112
01-19-2007, 03:38 PM
boom! time travel.

SCpoloRicker
01-19-2007, 03:53 PM
Ricker you are freaking me out... :eek:

Confronting the illusion in front of you is never comfortable. However, with time, patience, honesty, and hard work you can improve how you choose to accept reality; even change it.

Perhaps we should set up an audit session and see what is keeping you from seeing your reality as you choose.

Altimas
01-19-2007, 04:35 PM
How does one become a Disciple of Ricker?

skife
01-19-2007, 05:24 PM
i dont trust anyone with the name "L"

Triangle
01-19-2007, 06:36 PM
How does one become a Disciple of Ricker?

You must work for someone, and have a condescending tone when addressing important issues.
Also, it helps to subscribe to his newsletter.

DSR75
01-19-2007, 06:55 PM
Ok, here's my understanding of what was said: Basically you can make it up as you go along and as long as you believe doesn't hurt anyone else, it's all good. There are no consequences to any actions other than those that harm others.....hmmmm Jim Jones anyone :tard:

Desega
01-19-2007, 06:57 PM
Confronting the illusion in front of you is never comfortable. However, with time, patience, honesty, and hard work you can improve how you choose to accept reality; even change it.

Perhaps we should set up an audit session and see what is keeping you from seeing your reality as you choose.
http://www.lis-multimedia.narod.ru/images/movies/matrix_reloaded/morphius_128.jpg
I took both pills. :D

bornl33t
01-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Triangle is correct. Even L. Ron couldn't believe what became of his book.

L. Ron lived a few miles from here. He laughed about how anyone could have taken his book for reality, as he often commented that he made it up as he went along.

L. Ron was a Sci-Fi writer...nothing more. That there are people out there who cannot seperate fantasy from fact, makes it easy for cultists to warp little minds.

So scientologists are just trekies?

Steelrat
01-19-2007, 07:05 PM
The most entertaining part, for me, has been how the alien ships looked just like DC8s...except with rocket engines. :rofl:

There's a sucker born every minute.

DSR75
01-19-2007, 07:10 PM

And apparantly most of them live in California

Desega
01-19-2007, 07:11 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/comics2/duck_it_you_duck/invader_zim/thumbnails/400x300/meandib.jpg

SCpoloRicker
01-19-2007, 07:26 PM
The most entertaining part, for me, has been how the alien ships looked just like DC8s...except with rocket engines. :rofl:

Clearly, you have been influenced by the large volume of false information about Scientology available on the internet. Several individuals, having failed at reaching their goals within Scientology due to their closed minds, have taken it upon themselves to spread libel and slanderous comments about Scientology.

Most of the important documents and traditions within the church have not been published for public consumption. Take anything you have read from these hypocritical, closed minded individuals with a very, very large grain of salt.

People who wish to discredit the church often spout off about DC-8s, aliens, nuclear weapons, and other such nonsense that really has nothing to do with the core tenants of Scientology.

Not to mention, most 'traditional' religions rely upon far more far-fetched tales of origin, yet these utterly impossible, violent, man-enslaving institutions are not held to account. Yet Scientology, which exists only for people to better themselves and others, is constantly exposed to virulent, hateful attacks for no good reason other than for inflating the attackers feelings of self-worth.

Perhaps we can set you up with an audit Steelrat, and see if Scientology can help you expand your horizons and see the true potential in the system.

edit: you know, Desega, usually one looks for a connection to the topic at hand when posting amusing pictures on teh intartubes

Steelrat
01-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Clearly, you have been influenced by the large volume of false information about Scientology available on the internet. Several individuals, having failed at reaching their goals within Scientology due to their closed minds, have taken it upon themselves to spread libel and slanderous comments about Scientology.

Most of the important documents and traditions within the church have not been published for public consumption. Take anything you have read from these hypocritical, closed minded individuals with a very, very large grain of salt.

People who wish to discredit the church often spout off about DC-8s, aliens, nuclear weapons, and other such nonsense that really has nothing to do with the core tenants of Scientology.

Not to mention, most 'traditional' religions rely upon far more far-fetched tales of origin, yet these utterly impossible, violent, man-enslaving institutions are not held to account. Yet Scientology, which exists only for people to better themselves and others, is constantly exposed to virulent, hateful attacks for no good reason other than for inflating the attackers feelings of self-worth.

Perhaps we can set you up with an audit Steelrat, and see if Scientology can help you expand your horizons and see the true potential in the system.

edit: you know, Desega, usually one looks for a connection to the topic at hand when posting amusing pictures on teh intartubes

Devils Advocate.

"They were imported. They were actually .. the trick was to shoot somebody, disable somebody, very often a needle into a lung and at the same time to hit him with frozen alcohol and glycol which preparation is guaranteed to pick up a Thetan. All they had to do was pick him up and put him in a refrigerator and they had him, boy. If he tried to exteriorize from the body, there he was, frozen.
And they threw 'em into collection points, boxed 'em up in boxes, threw 'em into space planes which were the exact copies of DC8's, the DC8 airplane is the exact copy of the space plane of that day. And, no difference, except the DC8 had fans, propellers on it and the space plane didn't."

http://sk.nvg.org/cos/speeches/DC-8s.mp3

SCpoloRicker
01-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Case in point. You see, what Steelrat is doing is endemic of all criticisms of Scientology. Find a conflicting point, and then instantly jump to the conclusion that all is null and void.

Jonneh
01-19-2007, 08:15 PM
I got jumped by some scientologists in my home town of Birmingham a few months back, they dragged me into their building and made me do some e meter tests, then told me that i was doing it wrong because i was gripping the paddles too hard, causing the machine to not work properly, they didn't seem to find anything wrong with this.
They then went on to say that there definately is a metaphysical soul type thing and we all have it, and that we can't possibly be completely material beings because in her experience, those who believe in a metaphysical soul type thing lead happier more fulfilled lives.
Then they asked me to take a personality test home, fill it in and drop it back to talk more, but instead i wrote THIS IS DUMB on it and left it in my room.

How do you like them apples?

Triangle
01-19-2007, 08:17 PM
The real enemies are the Mormons guys.

BD_Paintball
01-19-2007, 08:42 PM
so SCpoloRicker you believe in this garbage?

bornl33t
01-19-2007, 08:43 PM
And make a crap load of money off of fake religions.

LOL I get it!

I thought I recognized that!

I’d like to start a religion. That’s where the money is.

bornl33t
01-19-2007, 08:43 PM

But I like pepsi so their OK!

SCpoloRicker
01-19-2007, 08:47 PM

Personally I think "body thetans" are a full-of-shiat theory, but have to accept that if thetans exist this special impaired type of thetan might exist too, at least in some instances. I think Hubbard came up with this idea largely to account for why he looked in such rotten shape one day when he ought to be very healthy if he was such a potent juju weilding type person, so full of magic mojo after working so intimately with the deeper secrets of existence for so many years. He had previously acknowledged some rare cases in which more than one thetan might be holding onto and attempting to be in possession of a meat body (akin to demonic possession), but suggested such rarities were not a big issue, ordinary exorcism or other ritual could cope with it as it had in the past, and no special Scientology process would really be needed other than assessing why two intelligent people are in a fight as if in normal life in separate bodies, and the whole "body thetan" idea was pretty much a nonsequiter to his previous positions. His attribution of somatic pains and ills to some puny little being too terrified of being alone and yet too terrified of being spotted and thus subject to attack, as cause of unwanted events in a body inhabited by a much stronger being and to all other respects apparently under the stronger beings complete control, just doesn't add up to me.

wjr
01-19-2007, 11:27 PM
Now, correct me if I'm wrong on this, but doesn't being a scientologist entail donating a whole ton of money to the church? Isn't there actually a donating quota that has to be met in order to advance into the upper levels of the church?

Desega
01-19-2007, 11:34 PM
you know, Desega, usually one looks for a connection to the topic at hand when posting amusing pictures on teh intartubes
Er the matrix picture.

Easy there Triangle. We mormons are a peaceful people. Unless you take away our piggies! :mad:

Triangle
01-20-2007, 12:18 AM
Er the matrix picture.

Easy there Triangle. We mormons are a peaceful people. Unless you take away our piggies! :mad:
Everyone knows the correct answer was The Mormons anyway.

Desega
01-20-2007, 12:20 AM
http://www.amgmedia.com/freephotos/buddha.jpg
R U Sure? :p

FactsOfLife
01-20-2007, 02:17 AM
You must work for someone, and have a condescending tone when addressing important issues.
Also, it helps to subscribe to his newsletter.

I sub his newsletter, it's a tremendous parrot cage liner.

need I say more?

http://tintin.kulando.de/resource/elemente/download/CruiseOprah-1.jpg

kevdupuis
01-20-2007, 10:05 AM
I thought Scientology was a cult where to have any consideration for membership required a person to be a rich whackjob actor.

Hubbard still has to be laughing in his grave. :rofl:

Steelrat
01-20-2007, 10:19 AM

I already said it.

Devils advocate.

Just roll with it.

NotKai
01-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Ricker,

I feel like my vision may be clouded, and that I am not seeing life in the truest possible light. Is there any way scientology can help me?

going_home
01-20-2007, 12:23 PM
And apparantly most of them live in California

Operation Clambake: Undressing the church of scientology since 1996

http://www.xenu.net

Have a read boys.

ScatterPlot
01-20-2007, 12:34 PM
So lemme get this strait... I Choose to beleive in some kind of mask thing, but then scientologists need to tell me what it is? Choosing-by definition- implies that you know what you choose. If I choose to do something, I have to know what it is I'm choosing.

A somewhat long, interesting (warning- IIRC, a little graphic) presentation on scientology- yes it's from YTMND, but it's not a humor one.

http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com/

NotKai
01-20-2007, 09:44 PM
Ricker,

I feel like my vision may be clouded, and that I am not seeing life in the truest possible light. Is there any way scientology can help me?

RICKER PLEASE!

HELP ME!

I am facing a Scientological crisis, and I need advice!

WHERE R U???

Desega
01-21-2007, 01:02 AM
So lemme get this strait... I Choose to beleive in some kind of mask thing, but then scientologists need to tell me what it is? Choosing-by definition- implies that you know what you choose. If I choose to do something, I have to know what it is I'm choosing.

A somewhat long, interesting (warning- IIRC, a little graphic) presentation on scientology- yes it's from YTMND, but it's not a humor one.

http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com/

Wow. That is one of the scariest things I have ever heard of. They do that to people in the name of money and power?

SCpoloRicker
01-22-2007, 12:35 PM
RICKER PLEASE!

HELP ME!

I am facing a Scientological crisis, and I need advice!

WHERE R U???

I AM HERE!!

Steelrat
01-22-2007, 01:21 PM
Case in point. You see, what Steelrat is doing is endemic of all criticisms of Scientology. Find a conflicting point, and then instantly jump to the conclusion that all is null and void.

Well, it is fairly ridiculous. Sure, there are plenty of outlandish claims in pretty much any religion, but some of the more entertaining claims attributed to scientology are completely ridiculous and only serve to cast doubt upon the entire "religion."

For instance, if the Pope went around claiming that Jesus travelled around in a chariot that looked exactly like a 1957 Cadillac Brougham, only with horses instead of a V-8, we'd either think the Pope was crazy, or that Christianity was a farce. The big difference is that the pope is only the most current face of a subset of Christianity as a whole, whereas Hubbard IS scientology. Patently ridiculous claims he makes only serve to undermine the validity of scientology as a whole.

It's impossible to even give any of his claims a chance once you've read about Xenu, Thetans watching movies, intergallactic DC8s, and the rest.

warbeak2099
01-22-2007, 02:01 PM
I wonder how many wives Desega has... and how old they are :confused:

Phillips
01-22-2007, 06:37 PM
My question would be why is it ok to publicly mock their beliefes and not that of say Christians?.
I do believe that there should be some equality.
Respect people's views and unless you have a DETAILED knowledge of their beliefes you are in no position to comment.

p.s. No I am not, yes I USED to be christian, I know my way around both faiths to a certain degree.

bornl33t
01-22-2007, 07:26 PM
My question would be why is it ok to publicly mock their beliefes and not that of say Christians?.
Respect people's views and unless you have a DETAILED knowledge of their beliefes you are in no position to comment.

p.s. No I am not, yes I USED to be christian, I know my way around both faiths to a certain degree.

Christianity is usually the target on the forum what are you talking about?

SCpoloRicker
01-22-2007, 07:35 PM
Christianity is usually the target on the forum what are you talking about?

Need some nails, or did you bring some with you?

Desega
01-22-2007, 08:15 PM
I wonder how many wives Desega has... and how old they are :confused:
LOL I have 96 possibles, 5 likelies and 7 normies.

Jonneh
01-22-2007, 11:36 PM

p.s. No I am not, yes I USED to be christian, I know my way around both faiths to a certain degree.Why should you be well versed in something to criticise it? If I said that my god was an omniscient bucket that decreed that it was a sin to play with lego on a thursday, then you wouldn't (and shouldn't) respect that opinion because it is clearly stupid. Otherwise I agree with you!

also as a nice rule breaking finale, I show you this video I discovered today:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cpNjyVvqK0&mode=related&search=

FactsOfLife
01-23-2007, 01:30 AM

Son, I know whacko when I see it. I don't need to convert to "Whackentology" to know it's bugnut monkey humpin' crazy.

bornl33t
01-23-2007, 06:18 AM
Son, I know whacko when I see it. I don't need to convert to "Whackentology" to know it's bugnut monkey humpin' crazy.

last two posts are some of the funniest I've seen in a while.

We need to make a religion where playing with lego on a thursday is Sin. Just think, we COULD become rich. Maybe Pie Revolution would be a good name for the anti-lego-on-thursday-religion. Because we came to this plant a billion years ago as legos and actually evolved into humans, kinda a spin on the whole sabath thing!!!

SCpoloRicker
01-23-2007, 12:02 PM
I think you all need audits.

/warms up my e-meter

Steelrat
01-23-2007, 01:43 PM
I think you all need audits.

/warms up my e-meter

Why don't you warm up my e-meter.

SCpoloRicker
01-23-2007, 03:26 PM
Why don't you warm up my e-meter.

Once again, I sorely need access to my stash of pictures. :(

*le sigh*

Desega
01-23-2007, 05:41 PM
LOL I have 96 possibles, 5 likelies and 7 normies.

My brother pointed out that some people might actually beleive that, so for the record I am 18 yrs old and not married, and when I marry I will only have 1 wife as my religion dictates. Mormons have not practiced paligamy in over 100 years, and when it was practiced it was to help care for the old and widowed. Not for the young and the restless.

Desega
01-23-2007, 05:42 PM
last two posts are some of the funniest I've seen in a while.

We need to make a religion where playing with lego on a thursday is Sin. Just think, we COULD become rich. Maybe Pie Revolution would be a good name for the anti-lego-on-thursday-religion. Because we came to this plant a billion years ago as legos and actually evolved into humans, kinda a spin on the whole sabath thing!!!
can we have lego churches to worship in? :p

pennywise
01-25-2007, 01:04 AM
But I like pepsi so their OK!
Doesn't matter if you like Pepsi or Coke, as the Mormons have nothing to do with it.

Read on, young Padawan:

Mormon Coke/Pepsi Myth (http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/mormon.asp)

bornl33t
01-25-2007, 06:13 AM
Doesn't matter if you like Pepsi or Coke, as the Mormons have nothing to do with it.

Read on, young Padawan:

Mormon Coke/Pepsi Myth (http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/mormon.asp)

but my mommy told me that if I cross my eyes they will stick like that, and mommy never lies!
Oh and the pepsi thing too!

Aggravated Assault
01-25-2007, 05:58 PM
This thread made me think of Frank Zappa making fun of L Ron in the Joes Garage album. Jeez, wasnt that in like 1972?

Apparently Frank was way ahead of the curve in ripping on scientology.

robnix
01-25-2007, 06:11 PM
This thread made me think of Frank Zappa making fun of L Ron in the Joes Garage album. Jeez, wasnt that in like 1972?

Apparently Frank was way ahead of the curve in ripping on scientology.

This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...it is my responsibility to enforce all the laws that haven't been passed yet. It is also my responsibility to alert each and every one of you to the potential consequences of various ordinary everyday activities you might be performing which could eventually lead to *The Death Penalty* (or affect your parents' credit rating). Our criminal institutions are full of little creeps like you who do wrong things...and many of them were driven to these crimes by a horrible force called MUSIC!

Our studies have shown that this horrible force is so dangerous to society at large that laws are being drawn up at this very moment to stop it forever! Cruel and inhuman punishments are being carefully described in tiny paragraphs so they won't conflict with the Constitution (which, itself, is being modified in order to accommodate THE FUTURE).

I bring you now a special presentation to show what can happen to you if you choose a career in MUSIC...The WHITE ZONE is for loading and unloading only...if you have to load or unload, go to the WHITE ZONE... you'll love it...it's a way of life...Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha...Hi, it's me, I'm back. This is the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER...The WHITE ZONE is for loading and unloading only...If yah gotta load, or if yah gotta unload, go to the WHITE ZONE. You'll love it...it's a way of life. That's right, you'll love it, it's a way of life, that's right, you'll love it, it's a way of life, you'll love it. This, is, the CENTRAL SCRUTINIZER!

Indignant
01-27-2007, 10:42 PM
scientolotastic.

bentothejam1n
01-29-2007, 12:12 AM
My brother pointed out that some people might actually beleive that, so for the record I am 18 yrs old and not married, and when I marry I will only have 1 wife as my religion dictates. Mormons have not practiced paligamy in over 100 years, and when it was practiced it was to help care for the old and widowed. Not for the young and the restless.
actually there are pockets of fundamental mormons that practice paligamy throughout the states and canada.

thecavemankevin
01-29-2007, 09:00 AM
http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/4097/southparktrappedinthevl8.jpg

those crazy scientologists

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/7870/honeybunchesowhackoeswa4.jpg

SCpoloRicker
01-29-2007, 12:21 PM
I'm about half-way through Dianetics. Hubbard is a god. :ninja: