PDA

View Full Version : school stabbing

slade
01-19-2007, 11:00 AM
I was driving to school today and had to pull over for an ambulance, and didnt think twice about it. when i got to school there were police cars and ambulances out front. as soon as i entered the building everyone was herded into the cafeteria, and rumors flew around that someone was stabbed. a police officer came in to say that there was an "unfortunate incident" and then would need anyone who saw anything to come to the front of the room to be interviewed.

we were moved to the gym, and the teachers, superintendent and officers wouldnt say anything but very general statements. from what i heard one guy stabbed another in the bathroom before school, although no one knew who it was or even what grade they were in. he was rushed to the hospital and pronounced dead at around 8 today. from what I heard the person who stabbed the other student was a senior, and the student who was killed was in some sort of outreach or special education program. what was strange was, the superintendent didnt even know who it was who was killed, so everything i've heard has been from other students. around 10 everyone was let out. a friend of mine had called CNN on his cell phone, so there was a crowd of people with cameras across the street.

things like this never happen at my school. the irony is that the police just had a drill at my school on wednesday after school, and had a mock lockdown with assault rifles.

It's the third death this year, but the first murder that I know of in the history of the school. a girl I had known who went to Tufts this year committed suicide around november. a little while later, a guy who had been in a special education program and had transfered out of the school was killed.

from what i've heard this is already on the national news, and i've received phone calls from relatives and friends about it. although, the news stations seem to be even less reliable than school rumors, they're searching for things to say like "the person who committed the stabbing was a goth".

its currently a headline on CNN, although the article doesn't say much at all - which is probably better than the writer trying to search for things to say and being wrong

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/19/school.stabbing.ap/index.html

its also a headline on boston.com, which says that the person stabbed was a freshman. that's news to me. that means so far i've heard it was a senior, junior, sophomore and freshman from different sources. http://www.boston.com/news/globe/city_region/breaking_news/2007/01/ninth_grader_st.html

huh, CNN and nytimes have basically the same text, except NYtimes interviewed some girl I know. http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-School-Stabbing.html

a while ago I was talking to my housemaster about something unrelated. he said no one had ever actually died at the school, and that that was what he had to try to prevent; it was ultimately the worst thing that could happen.

warbeak2099
01-19-2007, 11:11 AM
Yea I just read about that when I logged on this morning.

slade
01-19-2007, 11:32 AM
a person at the school just said that its a freshman who was stabbed, James Alenson, 15.5 years old. the person who committed the stabbing is around 16, i dont know who it was.

behemoth
01-19-2007, 11:40 AM
But i thought you lived in "Rich White Suburb, MA"

jenarelJAM
01-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Wow... We just recently had one kid try to kill another at my school. He got slashed along the jaw with a razor, bled pretty bad. That sort of thing never happens around here either. I know what you mean...
My condolences... :(

slade
01-19-2007, 11:53 AM
But i thought you lived in "Rich White Suburb, MA"
1) that would be cegasaturn's user title.

2) yeah, things like that dont really happen here.

thanks jam.

heh, i can hear a helicopter above my house, i know what thats for.

neppo1345
01-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Have fun with the metal detectors they put in.

/stab
//stabby stab
///stabby mcstab stab

behemoth
01-19-2007, 12:11 PM
There are ways around metal detectors.

Why do you think they make knives and knuckles out of composite?

neppo1345
01-19-2007, 12:13 PM
There are ways around metal detectors.

Why do you think they make knives and knuckles out of composite?

This is MA, not Cleveland/Youngstown/Cincinnati.

They aren't as serious about their killin' out there.

behemoth
01-19-2007, 12:18 PM
This is MA, not Cleveland/Youngstown/Cincinnati.

They aren't as serious about their killin' out there.

Lets get the M*******s to comment.

Too bad oldsoldier doenst frequent these boards anymore.

I'm sure he'd have something to say.

slade
01-19-2007, 12:38 PM
Have fun with the metal detectors they put in.
not going to happen with my superintendent, and with only one incident. especially considering the number of ways there are to get into the building. someone could take something in through a back entrance, or make a weapon in the robotics room... although that option is out for the rest of the year, as i live in the robotics room. then there is the composite weapon issue.

Desega
01-19-2007, 12:45 PM
We have guns brought to our schools at least three times a year, and we have had several bomb threats. No one has been killed yet but the threat is real. Luckily in a small town word travels fast and the plans to hurt others are almost always prevented. It is definatly a reality shock the first time it happens though.

gimp
01-19-2007, 12:49 PM
You should build a robot to protect the school. Some sort of robo-cop.

slade
01-19-2007, 12:53 PM
You should build a robot to protect the school. Some sort of robo-cop.
i have two already built and one in the works that will have a spinning blade. but none of them are autonomous or can climb stairs :(

neppo1345
01-19-2007, 02:42 PM
not going to happen with my superintendent, and with only one incident. especially considering the number of ways there are to get into the building. someone could take something in through a back entrance, or make a weapon in the robotics room... although that option is out for the rest of the year, as i live in the robotics room. then there is the composite weapon issue.

After they found bullets in one of our bathrooms they started searching students with a hand held metal detector. They also locked all back doors into the school.

/our robotics room has holes in the wall
//self propelled pneumatic gun

rkjunior303
01-19-2007, 04:50 PM
I blame hip-hop

behemoth
01-19-2007, 04:54 PM
I blame hip-hop

I blame that Eminem guy!

slade
01-19-2007, 04:56 PM
i can live with "all of the above"

i just drove by my school, and the entire front of the building is lined with news vans... everything is over, there arent even any more announcements, but theyre still there.

Altimas
01-19-2007, 04:58 PM
I blame World of Warcraft.

slade
01-19-2007, 06:08 PM
a friend that knew the kid said that he had threatened people many times before, but no one took him seriously.

Desega
01-19-2007, 06:12 PM
That's often times too true. A remark like that builds each time someone ignores it.

jdhfreak
01-19-2007, 06:49 PM
My school has had it's share of guns and stuff like that but the worst that has ever happened was a kid pulled out a gun and threatened somebody with it, Kinda scary to think how easy it would be to bring a gun to school.

DSR75
01-19-2007, 07:08 PM
Just this past year at my old high school the police tasered several students. What's crazy is the school is on the end of the county with the second most money and also it's in the middle of farm land. Real bad fights happened a lot. The school is the largest in NC so it's bound to have problems, especially since it was built in the early '50 to hold a 1/3 of the population it does now.

neppo1345
01-19-2007, 07:22 PM

I blame the parents.

Bear_Claw
01-19-2007, 10:48 PM
Kinda sad when ya think of it really. I had (1996-1999) the unfortune of going to a school (Westwood secondary NOW called Lincon M Alexander) were stuff like that was common ocurance. we had cops their every day and so mutch so that eventually built a second station across the street.

IN my first week during lunch in the caf i wached a guy get stab and severly beaten. Their was blod everywere. They guy was taken to the hospital and lived that time but what really freaked me out was how routine everthing was to the school when it happened.

There MANY incidents while i was their and a few deaths. I ended up in a few tuffels myself but managed to never get really hurt or even in too mutch trouble.

I think the schools biggest new stroy though was the riot that formed from a student walkout after the teachers strikes. News was their while students attepted to tip over the fire truck and when failing that went to the streetes to try a trasit buss failing that they just trew stuff at cars.

We also had a deat in the news when a cop ran over a student (dealing drugs) with his squad car in the back of our school yard.

But through that all it stilll kinda sad what these kids are thinking. I mean damn its highschool what the hell you gona do in the real world if ya cant deal with highschool without vilence.

MagMan5446
01-20-2007, 01:08 PM
pleasant hill we just had a kid stab some other guy in the hallway.

UnderCurrent
01-20-2007, 08:08 PM
At the middle school next to my high school a kid was slashed across the chest and back with a box cutter while he was changing in the locker room. This was along with a number of sex scandals, which were pretty bad, especially since this was a middle school, so the kids where mostly only 13-14. It's really sad what some of these kids are doing, and how young they are.

FactsOfLife
01-20-2007, 09:21 PM

OH NO U DINT

Desega
01-21-2007, 01:05 AM
http://www.afjv.com/press0506/050617_world_of_warcraft.jpg

maxama10
01-21-2007, 02:46 AM
I know for a fact that a lot of kids bring rifles and shotguns to my school. They just leave em in their cars in the parking lot and the school never bothers to check. So I think if someone brought a gun into the school people would run out to their cars and grab theirs. I dont have any good place to hide mine :-/

/its not worth it
//they still allow knives up to two inches i think in my school
///we have gangs beating up kids in front of the cameras and then the principal dismissing it because it wasnt a fight and just assult and they dont have any rules on that. YEEHAW

don miguel
01-24-2007, 09:32 AM
yeahs, I live in wellesley, and thier was an announcement. It was freaky.

Thordic
01-24-2007, 10:09 AM
I stabbed a school once...

slade
01-24-2007, 01:52 PM
I blame the parents.
actually, from what ive heard, the parents arent that bad. the kid had a lot of mental/social disorders. while none of them are directly linked to violence, one causes a reduced ability to understand social cues/gestures like if someone is joking or annoyed, plus it often results in an obsession of some sort.

a reporter tried stopping me and a few friends in the parkinglot today. we considered telling her to leave (reporters arent allowed on school property) but she was actually really insecure and unsure of herself, she wasnt a stereotypical pushy reporter, it was rather hilarious.

yeahs, I live in wellesley, and thier was an announcement. It was freaky.
hey, wanna go to boston paintball next weekend? you and this freshman kid i know who keeps saying hes sponsored by eclipse vs. all.

FactsOfLife
01-24-2007, 03:45 PM
http://www.afjv.com/press0506/050617_world_of_warcraft.jpg

ORCSMASH! RAWR!

bentothejam1n
01-24-2007, 07:13 PM
actually two kids at my school got stabbed a combined 50 times (pencils/screwdivers) by some mexicans. The reason why they did it as because to get into the gant they were trying to get into, you either have to kill a white man or steal a white man's truck.
/no joke