PDA

View Full Version : MS Zune

maxama10
01-20-2007, 02:04 AM
What do you think?

Personally, I feel the Zune is no where near an Ipod killer. The DRM crippled wireless sharing abilities are lame and that is supposed to be one of its best features(squirting). I suppose that only applies to the DRM protected crap they sell online? I im in awe that MS would allow the record industries to bend them and their customers over... making buyers pay royalties to the music industries and then not allowing certain song titles to be transfered. YAY you can now beam 50% of your music!

"Yesterday, Microsoft agreed to share revenue from Zune sales with record labels and artists. Forcing the issue was Universal Music Group, which at deadline is the only label named in the program. UMG refused to license its music to the Zune unless it could receive a percentage of each device sold, in addition to standard music licensing fees for downloads and subscriptions.

"These devices are just repositories for stolen music, and they all know it," UMG chairman/CEO Doug Morris says. "So it's time to get paid for it."http://billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.js p?vnu_content_id=1003380831 [billboard.com]

I would expect that you could pirate music or buy it from else where and be able to beam/squirt it right? So, perhaps this feature isnt all that bad?

I hate DRM and I am growing tired of the music corporations and their greed.

robnix
01-20-2007, 02:20 AM
What do you think?

Personally, I feel the Zune is no where near an Ipod killer. The DRM crippled wireless sharing abilities are lame and that is supposed to be one of its best features(squirting). I suppose that only applies to the DRM protected crap they sell online? I im in awe that MS would allow the record industries to bend them and their customers over... making buyers pay royalties to the music industries and then not allowing certain song titles to be transfered. YAY you can now beam 50% of your music!

http://billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.js p?vnu_content_id=1003380831 [billboard.com]

I would expect that you could pirate music or buy it from else where and be able to beam/squirt it right? So, perhaps this feature isnt all that bad?

I hate DRM and I am growing tired of the music corporations and their greed.

More bad news for the Zune.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/19/universal-and-sony-prohibit-zune-sharing-for-certain-artists/

http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2007/01/zune-sharing.jpg

personman
01-20-2007, 01:12 PM
That sucks. I'd probably get one over an ipod anyway. I'm waiting for 2nd gen. My rio karma is holding me over for now :cool:

Archangel Kid
01-20-2007, 01:55 PM
This is probably a useless post, but I love my Zune. All I need it for is music and video, and it works perfectly for that.

slade
01-20-2007, 06:44 PM
This is probably a useless post, but I love my Zune. All I need it for is music and video, and it works perfectly for that.
you have a typo in your user title. that "C" should be an "M".

Archangel Kid
01-20-2007, 07:01 PM
you have a typo in your user title. that "C" should be an "M".

You know you make a good point. I like what works for me though. Never had a problem with any of their products. Guess I'm lucky?

bornl33t
01-20-2007, 09:14 PM
If it uses a DRM I won't buy it. All my music is legal. MS gets no internets for crap from me

maxama10
01-21-2007, 02:26 AM
Not only does it use DRM but with each Zune you buy a portion of that $$ goes to the RIAA :D

bornl33t
01-21-2007, 05:34 PM
Not only does it use DRM but with each Zune you buy a portion of that $$ goes to the RIAA :D

That's so not like MS to share I wonder what deal they stuck?

slade
01-21-2007, 05:59 PM
That's so not like MS to share I wonder what deal they stuck?
i think the RIAA is a bit tighter than MS when it comes to funds, although thats sort of a pot/kettle relationship.

i mean, the RIAA sues people.
MS just disables software and puts out new versions.