PDA

View Full Version : Pneumatic Hoppers: How are they?

sup909
01-21-2007, 12:03 PM
I am looking for an electronic hopper for my Automag. I have never purchased one before becuase I never really needed it with my spyder, but the lack of recoil from the automag means I pretty much need to pick one up. I chopped balls like crazy my frist time out.

Looking online I saw the classic electronic hoppers as well as pneumatic hoppers (which I have never seen before).

Anyone have any info on these pneumatic hoppers? Do I need to add some sort of spyhon line from the marker to the hopper and how would I do that.

Coralis
01-21-2007, 12:07 PM
if its a classic automag , ie a non rt/xvalved one any agitated loader should be sufficient

Chronobreak
01-21-2007, 12:19 PM
got a link to pneumatic hoppers?

the only ones ive seen are what come on the a-5, my guess is its something similar. and yeah you would need to ijack the airline.

but with mags being mediocre on air efficiency, i dont think youd want to do that.

as said any agitated loader will do, 12 vlt revvy,egg,halo,velocity,pulse,q-loader etc etc

warbeak2099
01-21-2007, 12:39 PM
http://www.turbopaintball.com/turbostart.html

I'm wondering how they are too. You'd need a split fitting coming out of the valve. It would need a female 1/8" npt side and a side with a barb for lp hose. That's it.

Chronobreak
01-21-2007, 12:50 PM
well ok looks like it doenst waste more air. but with a feed rate slower than most and with alot of work required to hook it up i would stay away.

Ken Majors
01-21-2007, 01:30 PM
Looks to me like the thing blows the paint up into the hopper and not down into the feedneck.
Not sure what it would look like trying to shoot fast, but just by looking at that vid it seems like it would pinch, chop or at the very least misfeed.

Stick with a revvy, or any other agitated loader.

surfbum
01-21-2007, 01:39 PM
Looks to me like the thing blows the paint up into the hopper and not down into the feedneck.
Not sure what it would look like trying to shoot fast, but just by looking at that vid it seems like it would pinch, chop or at the very least misfeed.

Stick with a revvy, or any other agitated loader.

if you read what the company writes about it,
the tougue goes upward when the air is released and then on the way down it drags balls into the stack.

they also say it feeds consistantly at about 12-15 bps

seems like it performance-wise, it works a little better than the revvy
reliablity is another thing and the time proven revvy may out perform this kind of hopper in that respect

Ken Majors
01-21-2007, 01:52 PM
the tougue goes upward when the air is released and then on the way down it drags balls into the stack.

reliablity is another thing and the time proven revvy may out perform this kind of hopper in that respect

I know what they "say"....but from what it looks like, my opinion was that it "looked like" it would pinch, chop, or misfeed. The video of the ballstack moving can be sped up or slowed down to appear that is feeding as fast or slow as you like.
The Apache said it would feed 20bps. The Halo said it would feed 35. Manufacturers say alot of things. Practical application of those claims sometimes result in something entirely different.
Let us know how it works out. :shooting:

warbeak2099
01-21-2007, 01:52 PM

Reliability? Time proven revvy? My revvy was anything but reliable. Many other users have experienced that too. So perhaps some people have had good experience with revvys, but even still, the reliability has proven to be inconsistant. So in my experience, the time tested revvy has proven to be a hit or miss, mediocre loader.

To be fair to VL though, I just bought a Vlocity Jr and it's great. Couldn't be happier.

Ken Majors
01-21-2007, 01:56 PM
Reliability? Time proven revvy? My revvy was anything but reliable. Many other users have experienced that too. So perhaps some people have had good experience with revvys, but even still, the reliability has proven to be inconsistant. So in my experience, the time tested revvy has proven to be a hit or miss, mediocre loader.

To be fair to VL though, I just bought a Vlocity Jr and it's great. Couldn't be happier.

I got lucky I guess.
I have had the same revvy since 1999. Upgrading it to the X board along the way. Never let me down. Not the fastest loader but it ALWAYS works.

warbeak2099
01-21-2007, 02:05 PM
I got lucky I guess.
I have had the same revvy since 1999. Upgrading it to the X board along the way. Never let me down. Not the fastest loader but it ALWAYS works.

If you like the revvy, try out an Empire Reloader 2. It's like $45 and it's far superior to a revvy.

zipity_Bop
01-21-2007, 02:17 PM
it clearly says for the a5 whe you scroll down.... :(

warbeak2099
01-21-2007, 02:33 PM
it clearly says for the a5 whe you scroll down.... :(

No it doesn't. That's clearly a different product. The Turboloader comes in M98, Spyder, and Autococker versions. There is no version for the A-5. The offset A-5 hopper is an entirely differnt product.

Lohman446
01-21-2007, 02:39 PM
If you like the revvy, try out an Empire Reloader 2. It's like $45 and it's far superior to a revvy.

Apples to Apples. Although they may both be called revvys a pre-BE and post BE revvy are not the same thing.

skife
01-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Apples to Apples. Although they may both be called revvys a pre-BE and post BE revvy are not the same thing.

pre-be revvy's with xboard FTW

p8ntbal4me
01-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Moody Paintball Products (http://moodypaintball.com/) used to offer a hopper like you are talking about.

It would run off a cocker (only a cocker that I know of) and it could interface into a standard revy giving it 17bps (in the world of a VL2000,... that damn fast!)

Its not on the web page anymore,.... but like everyone is saying,... just get a HALO/EMPIRE/PULSE or something and you'll be fine!

SR_matt
01-21-2007, 08:29 PM
the only thing i heard about the turbo hoppers is that they are junk and not worth the money.

if you just want a base end hopper that keeps balls feeding a revy will work (if you can find one of the older revies that has the softer plastic from before brass eagle took over viewloader thats best)

if you need something faster then the apachies are ok (not the best but not bad either), or a halo b/reloader b (some people just dont mesh well with these hopper others fit perfectly so if you are thinking about it try to borrow one first)

but ya dont even bother with pneu loaders
-matt

StygShore
01-21-2007, 08:49 PM
pre-be revvy's with xboard FTW

PRE BE Revvy shouldnt need an X board - mine spins as fast and is as quiet as the X-boarded newer revvy I have.

and its about 10 years old

Styg

jenarelJAM
01-22-2007, 11:11 PM
See here for a review of the turbo hopper by the owner of my local store:
http://www.teamdmspaintball.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152

I've actually never used a revvy. I went straight from grav. fed to qloader to halo to pulse (to 10 round stickfeed). Gravity worked for me until I needed more than 8 bps consistantly. My friends who use revvys never seemed to have any problems with chops, but they weren't shooting incredibly fast either.

Personally, I just got used to shaking my marker every couple shots, then I went to something that wouldn't ever misfeed. I skipped the middle road, but that's just me.