PDA

View Full Version : grip styx frames

mag_lover05
01-21-2007, 11:53 PM
cant find alot about em', what do you think if you have one, or have had one compared to other frames. are they closer to intelli's or benchmark...??? :confused:

thanks for your help

mag_lover05
01-22-2007, 08:23 AM
no one has used on of these?

turbo chicken
01-22-2007, 08:24 AM
I just won one on ebay this weekend ill post up after i get a chance to check it out ...

punkncat
01-22-2007, 11:35 AM
The grip styx frame is(was) made by Powerlite. Its a well made frame with the addition of a "mini drop" into the design. There are no trigger stops and no parts available to interchange. Its got an odd angle as well so you can't get grips either. Its a little heavy compared to other frames as well.

I used one for several years, a converted RT classic frame. I had to mod my sear to work in it, but more out of luck than anything ended up with a VERY short trigger pull. It only worked with my classic valve though, and ended up selling it on a marker a while back.

Ydna
01-22-2007, 12:53 PM
I bought one a few weeks ago, I'm re-selling it now, I thought I had a use for it in an electro marker but it proved a little more difficult to modify.

It does seem a little heavy, especially in the bottom section (due to all the material down there). I liked the trigger that came with it, but like I said I couldn't use it in my project.

SummaryJudgement
01-22-2007, 03:12 PM
Well, I love them on my cockers if that's any help.....

mag_lover05
01-22-2007, 08:02 PM
thank you all for your opinions! this is why i love AO. thanks guys.

Nutsnyomowf
01-22-2007, 08:33 PM
The grip styx frame is(was) made by Powerlite. Its a well made frame with the addition of a "mini drop" into the design. There are no trigger stops and no parts available to interchange. Its got an odd angle as well so you can't get grips either. Its a little heavy compared to other frames as well.

I used one for several years, a converted RT classic frame. I had to mod my sear to work in it, but more out of luck than anything ended up with a VERY short trigger pull. It only worked with my classic valve though, and ended up selling it on a marker a while back.

I use DYE stickies on mine with no problem. hey came with the Hogue grips i think thats what they are called.
Performance wise they are no Intelli frame but are not bad either
Best single frame out there

turbo chicken
01-26-2007, 10:17 AM
i just got one but it was for a RT classic ... the twistlock hole in the front of the grip isn't deep enough and i couldn't get my barrels in with the grip on because it pushed up the twist lock assembly up too far (out if the rail a little bit)... get a spacer for the back or the grip will move on you during a game ... good luck finding grips that will fit without stretching them akwardly ... the extreme rage grips they send will fit but not perfect ...

im thinking about selling mine ... but i paid the same price ...

wimag
01-27-2007, 09:35 AM
cant find alot about em', what do you think if you have one, or have had one compared to other frames. are they closer to intelli's or benchmark...??? :confused:

thanks for your help

have one on my Classic RT. Nice frame. I prefer it over a Benchmark; not as much side to side trigger slop, but no where as good as an intelli.
The safety is solid. the only thing i dont like is that i had to lengthen the sear rod to engage the on/off. You have to do the same for a Benchy.
The integrated rail is unique and not sure about balance or weight but it doesnt bother me at all.
For 40 bucks on ebay it is worth it as far as i am concerned.

jay8541
01-27-2007, 09:55 AM
I have a few they are very nice.