PDA

View Full Version : Twist Lock Barrel Question

Smoothice
01-22-2007, 11:16 AM
I am wondering how to tighten the fit of my twist lock barrel when it is in my gun?

Last weekend I tried out a new barrel and had a couple chamber breaks and problems with the balls not actually falling into the barrel. While on the field another mag user checked my gun and noticed the barrel was not fully twist locked in.

(It was a great day with about 20 mag users)
Socal AO at SC Village (http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209254)

Any help would be great.

Greg2230
01-22-2007, 12:50 PM
On the front end of your trigger frame theres a two screws. One to remove the trigger and the other one in front. You may have to take the trigger frame off depending on the frame you have. Tighten and loosen that to your likings. This will tighten or loosen the spring loaded twist lock clip thing. If you have any more questions let me know.
-Greg-

athomas
01-22-2007, 12:56 PM
The channels on some barrels weren't milled deep enough. Chances are, the dimple on your barrel that holds the barrel in place is not deep enough. Even if you tighten the twist lock assembly so that it is stiffer, it won't hold the barrel from turning. The best thing you can do is drill the barrel dimple a tiny bit deeper. It doesn't take very much depth to help alot. Make sure you don't drill too deep, or you won't be able to get the barrel off.

Smoothice
01-25-2007, 05:21 PM
The channels on some barrels weren't milled deep enough. Chances are, the dimple on your barrel that holds the barrel in place is not deep enough. Even if you tighten the twist lock assembly so that it is stiffer, it won't hold the barrel from turning. The best thing you can do is drill the barrel dimple a tiny bit deeper. It doesn't take very much depth to help alot. Make sure you don't drill too deep, or you won't be able to get the barrel off.

Thanks. I drilled it out just a touch and it gave it a very tight fit. If I would have gone any deeper I might have been in trouble.