PDA

View Full Version : classic RT and LP tank

Aeronautica86
01-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Ok, I only have an LP crossfire tank that I use for my angel (450 psi output), and I also have a classic RT that I have heard needs an input pressure of about 850 psi - well, since I had never shot the RT, I decided to hook up my LP tank to it and shoot it. I just shot about 5 rounds through it, but it seems to work just fine; didn't have a chrono, but it looked to be shooting at legal speeds, certainly near 280-300fps, and the response trigger (though I've never experienced it with an HP tank) seemed to be functioning.

So my question is this, what difference will I notice if I hook up an HP tank to the RT?

Greg2230
01-22-2007, 01:38 PM
Automags are designed to run on as little as 450psi I believe. Im not sure exactly but it should say it on the rail of your RT You should be fine with either tank. You might be better on an HP though.

benzy2
01-22-2007, 04:21 PM
Ok, I only have an LP crossfire tank that I use for my angel (450 psi output), and I also have a classic RT that I have heard needs an input pressure of about 850 psi - well, since I had never shot the RT, I decided to hook up my LP tank to it and shoot it. I just shot about 5 rounds through it, but it seems to work just fine; didn't have a chrono, but it looked to be shooting at legal speeds, certainly near 280-300fps, and the response trigger (though I've never experienced it with an HP tank) seemed to be functioning.

So my question is this, what difference will I notice if I hook up an HP tank to the RT?
You could see a bit of shoot down at higher speeds using an LP tank. You also will get a much more reactive trigger the higher the pressure. If it works then great. I would think you are pushing it though pressure wise. The rule has always been that you want to try to be 200 psi under what your tank puts out to keep from seeing shoot down due to starving the gun. If you need 450 psi the tank reg has to recharge to its peak every shot where if you were only feeding 200psi it doesnt have to recharge as high of a pressure. If it works the again great and have fun. If not you will need an HP tank.

Aeronautica86
01-22-2007, 05:02 PM
You could see a bit of shoot down at higher speeds using an LP tank. You also will get a much more reactive trigger the higher the pressure. If it works then great. I would think you are pushing it though pressure wise. The rule has always been that you want to try to be 200 psi under what your tank puts out to keep from seeing shoot down due to starving the gun. If you need 450 psi the tank reg has to recharge to its peak every shot where if you were only feeding 200psi it doesnt have to recharge as high of a pressure. If it works the again great and have fun. If not you will need an HP tank.

yeah, I didn't try to shoot it very fast, and I figured that the reactivity of the trigger would be greater with a hp tank. it says on the rail 600 - 800 psi input recommended btw; I actually have an hp tank on its way to me, I was just curious what it would do with 450psi