PDA

View Full Version : Smart Parts "Magic Box", Diamond Labs Hurricane valve

NightKreeper
01-22-2007, 05:00 PM
So the local pro shop has a used black Minimag that is upgraded with a Smart Parts "Magic Box" and a Diamond Labs Hurricane valve. The people at the store told me these are both very rare parts.

I don't know much abour Mags, so I'm wondering hjow rare these upgrades actually are and what this gun might be worth on the internet. They are asking $120 for it.

MaD_SaM
01-22-2007, 05:56 PM
Maybe this will shed some light!Magic Box (http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=151680&highlight=Smart+parts+magic+box)

NightKreeper
01-22-2007, 07:51 PM
ah, but are they worth anything nowadays?

kobeastly
01-23-2007, 04:26 PM
They are fairly rare these days but for value, I'd give you $15 for the box w/o the valve, I might go as high as $20 if it includes shipping. At 120 for the entire gun w/ the smart box I would pick it up just to have. I would probably get it home and fill up that air chamber with something to get the gun working the way it should.

If you pick it up and don't like it, I have a regular valve I could trade for it. That offer is extended to anyone here that has a valve with a dump chamber that has been drilled and tapped. I am trying to get a valve to function correctly below 200 FPS and I would prefer to do it by reducing the volume of the dump chamber.

NightKreeper
01-23-2007, 09:55 PM
no thanks man, i only want to buy the gun if i can turn around and put it on the internet and get a decent profit.

the gun is a black powerfeed right minimag, with bottomline kit (w/ quick disconnect), standard duckbill ASA, double trigger, the Magic Box and the Diamond Labs hurricane valve. other than that it is all stock as far as i know, i shot the gun today and it worked fine.

Miscue
01-23-2007, 10:11 PM
ah, but are they worth anything nowadays?

Maybe as nostalgia or something.

Allfat
01-23-2007, 10:52 PM
I bet if you put it up on ebay and hyped up all the stuff it has, then you could turn a good profit. People on the internet are stupid and will most likely fall for the gimmick.

Malystryx
01-23-2007, 11:41 PM
You won't get much if any profit on these forums. Maybe on ebay... But not enough to really bother with IMO...

NightKreeper
01-24-2007, 12:19 AM
I bet if you put it up on ebay and hyped up all the stuff it has, then you could turn a good profit. People on the internet are stupid and will most likely fall for the gimmick.

all i would need to put on it is a sniper barrel :rofl:

Sumthinwicked
01-24-2007, 02:52 AM
the sm valve is mainly a collectors piece i have 2 one is on my pumpmag and i like it the other is just mad old the sp venturi barrel i also have kicking around and a i have a purple eclise splash kit like whats ont he mag ur thinking of buying if it has the whole thing its worth about 100 on here i have a tstock that matches so i added 50 what i paid for it LOL but if you decide to buy it if it has an uncut frame that matches the anno id scoop it off of you if it was a blue black or green black one

NightKreeper
01-24-2007, 12:37 PM
the trigger guard is cut off for the double trigger, and the frame is the regular black minimag frame.