PDA

View Full Version : LX Bolt oring...

punkncat
01-22-2007, 07:58 PM
Is the oring on the bolt itself replaceable?

I am on the smallest carrier and its starting to leak a bit.

If I can't replace the oring, does someone sell the bolt alone?

echoback
01-22-2007, 08:30 PM
There is no o-ring on the level 10 bolt, the bolt is one piece of metal. Now if you're talking about the powertube (the front of the valve where the bolt slides into), there are three o-rings: A white one in the bottom of the powertube, which sits inside the different carriers, a black one around the outside of the carrier, and another white one around the screw-in powertube tip.

If the o-rings have been in there a while, the powertube o-ring (the white one in the back) is probably getting worn out and should be replaced. Make sure you check the black carrier o-ring for damage, too.

You can get new powertube o-rings (http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=294&categoryID=38) at this link, and new carrier o-rings (http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=288&categoryID=38) here, if you accidentally cut yours. Of course, you can just use another carrier o-ring if it does happen to be cut.

Hope that helps.

Tunaman
01-22-2007, 09:30 PM
There is no o-ring on the level 10 bolt, the bolt is one piece of metal. Now if you're talking about the powertube (the front of the valve where the bolt slides into), there are three o-rings: A white one in the bottom of the powertube, which sits inside the different carriers, a black one around the outside of the carrier, and another white one around the screw-in powertube tip.

If the o-rings have been in there a while, the powertube o-ring (the white one in the back) is probably getting worn out and should be replaced. Make sure you check the black carrier o-ring for damage, too.

You can get new powertube o-rings (http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=294&categoryID=38) at this link, and new carrier o-rings (http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=288&categoryID=38) here, if you accidentally cut yours. Of course, you can just use another carrier o-ring if it does happen to be cut.

Hope that helps.Now now...don't confuse the kid. There is no powertube oring in the L10. There is one white flat washer down in the power tube, a white oring in the carrier, and a black oring around the carrier. The powertube tip oring is a static oring and should never wear out. If you are on your last (smallest) carrier(#0) and it still leaks then you must get a few more orings and try them. there was a batch of orings that were way big, hence the need to try another and start over..

punkncat
01-22-2007, 10:45 PM
Wasn't clear enough I guess....

On the LX bolt itself. Inside it, the part that actually slides into the powertube there is an Oring(or what appears so). The size of it, and/or wear of it is what actually determines what carrier to use. The lvl 7 bolt doesn't have it.

I would assume that eventually it wears out, as mine apparently has. Now with the smallest carrier in place its leaking past the bolt a touch.
I am not talking about spacers, and the little oring that goes around the carrier, or the white oring at the "back" of the carrier.

athomas
01-23-2007, 07:55 PM
Wasn't clear enough I guess....

On the LX bolt itself. Inside it, the part that actually slides into the powertube there is an Oring(or what appears so). The size of it, and/or wear of it is what actually determines what carrier to use. The lvl 7 bolt doesn't have it.Echoing what Echoback said, there is no oring on the bolt. The level 10 bolt is a two stage bolt. The smaller stem at the back of the bolt is the part that slides into the carrier and seals the chamber by acting like a plug.

If your mag is leaking remove a shim or two, just to make sure it is your carrier that is causing the leak and not the shims. If it still leaks with the smallest carrier, get a new carrier oring and retune your setup.

Check your bolt stem. If there is an oring on it for some reason, remove it. It isn't supposed to be there.