PDA

View Full Version : High Rof on a preset tank.

nathanjones008
01-23-2007, 08:04 AM
hey everyone just a question. for those who have rts or mags with xvalves or even retro valves how fast can you shoot on a preset tank? please tell me your set up or if you shot a certain way to improve your rof. Did you practice much? the reason i ask this question is i have heard that it is illegal in many tourneys to have a adjustable tank on the x-valve due to bounce. so i dont think i want a adj reg on my tank. just wondering how fast everyone can shoot. :dance:

thanks...

longi
01-23-2007, 12:53 PM
If you use an emag on/off you can bounce the trigger to about...At a rough guess i'd say 16 to 18 bps, but i can't be sure as i have no measuring software. I use a Centreflag hyperflow preset reg, which is preset at 850 psi. Yes it's tourny illegal but it's all the better for it! An adjustable reg won't make much difference unless you lower the input pressure on the reg, then you may find that valve won't operate so well. My Pneumag is slower than than that, although it's tourny legal because it won't bounce. I think it bottoms out at around an optomistic maximum of 13 bps. The limiting factor here is the 3 way MSV-2 which slows it down somewhat, although it's still very very satisfying.

athomas
01-23-2007, 07:33 PM
A retro valve gets more reactive at higher input pressures. The adjustable tanks allow those higher pressures. If you keep the adjustable pressure at or below standard values, your retro/xvalve won't runaway. Its the uncontrolled runaway that is illegal at most fields. The adjustble bottles are preferred because of the ability to taylor the input pressure to your preference.

SR_matt
01-23-2007, 09:28 PM
get a ult kit, put shims into it untill it gives double shots then take out the shim that caused the double shots. thats as close as you cna get your trigger with a preset tank. i noticed on my mag as the psi in the preset guriella that i have gets lower the amount of kick back i get drops too (like once its in the 2-3k range i can start to notice less of a kick back and once its below 2000 it gets very hard to walk and not short stroke a little)

if you can get a tank the is preset above 850 or get one preset that high id get it.

you can get them pretty fast as walkable triggers with out bounce or at leat bounce/rt that is any real threat to any one.

-matt

p8ntbal4me
01-26-2007, 04:12 PM
I run my emags (standards and micros) with 850psi preset tanks.
I have adjustables but I use them on other guns for testing.

I run the PTP on/off pins which are shorter than the .712 on/off pins in the emags.
I have alot of problems medically with my joints and my fingers so the highest I can go manually is 14-18BPS. I can move the emags into Hybrid and let it rip at 18BPS all the time every time.

My success was in the shorter on/off pins at a lower pressure running hybrid. Case by case basis but thats what works for me.