PDA

View Full Version : Probs with my xmag again..

FiXeL
01-23-2007, 06:47 PM
So i went out to play first time this year, brought a bunch of guns and was looking forward to a great time playing. But then, disaster strikes when i try to chrono my xmag.. First shot went ok, but the rest were chuffs... :mad: I've tinkered with mech, electro and hybrid modes and was unable to fire (or even make it chuff) in mech mode. It was a good thing i brought both my xmags to the field but i was really looking forward to play with that particular xmag.

Setup:

- L10 bolt with cut spring and very loose carrier (it leaks a little when i air it up and the leak stops after the first shot)
- Guerilla Air HP preset
- Warp left feedneck installed with AGD detent

I've had some problems with this gun when i got it, also related to this issue, but after installing the tunablade trigger and adjusting the sear rod it was almost firing consistently. (not perfect) Before i installed that trigger i was unable to have it shoot in both modes, so it was emode with mad RT bounce or manual only. Since the gun is relatively new, i thought it might be a break in or something like this, since it only had 256 shots on the TS counter when i got it. Somehow the gun will shoot the first couple of shots fine, but then in mech mode the trigger will not return as if the on/off pin will not reset. (its properly lubed tho) In electro mode or hybrid i can fire the gun, but it will chuff most of the time. Since i'm not that knowligable about mags, i'm a bit frustrated and not sure where to look first.

Any help is greatly apriciated! Thanks!

:)

athomas
01-23-2007, 07:26 PM
It really sounds alot like bolt stick. Try removing the powertube shims and using a larger carrier size with the same carrier oring. Make sure the cut edge of the bolt spring is facing towards the bolt.

FiXeL
01-24-2007, 11:44 AM
Removed the shims, carrier is so loose i can shake the bolt off if when shake the valve with the bolt facing down, cut end of spring is facing towards the bolt as you told. I only removed the shims and it looks like there is some improvement because the chuffing is gone. I still need to test it with paint and a chrono, because i have absolutly no idea howmuch fps it is shooting. Maybe this is also the problem, but i need a chrono to verify.

Thanks for your help! :cheers:

phizz
01-25-2007, 10:43 AM
turn the safety off :S I have done this once before made me feel like and idiot. I rarely use my safety and usually just turn the marker off, degas and put on the barrel sock.

FiXeL
01-25-2007, 11:09 AM
:rofl:

No, safety is off when i tried to chrono it and it won't fire at all when on. I usually press the safety pin and turn the mode select switch so the end is facing the rear of the marker (also functions as a safety that way) The reason i do this is i have a STD Xmag that sometimes fires in manual mode if the push safety is on. I do use a barrelsock, but i hate cleaning them. :D

Dark Side
03-25-2007, 09:22 AM
Had this same problem with my Xmag. Ende up changing out the spring to mostly fix the problem. I say mostly because I don't have enough air in my Scuba to properly test it out.