PDA

View Full Version : I NEED HELP!!! FL people especially

etjoyride
01-24-2007, 05:49 PM
Alright, so the unthinkable has happened to me. I am being SCAMMED!!!

So, I was doing a deal on PBN (yeah i know...) my DM5(Acid Customz) for his infamous timmy. Anyways, I shipped first because he had 2+ pages of feedback. However, his feedback was under his old name. However his reasons for being banned made perfect sense. So, i do not want to get the authorities involved unless absolutely necessary. Does anyone on here have any other ways for me to get my marker back. If anyone here lives near him (he is in Jacksonville, FL), I would be willing to pay them to go check on him and see if they could make anything happen.

If anyone has any ideas or help it would be greatly appreciated. I have his address and a full conversation between me and him over the trade which i could send to anyone who thinks they can help me. I don't want to post that information up yet, but i will if you all think it will help.

His “feedback”: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=991296

His current PBN name: BadBoyDan #2

Also, there are several other people over on PBN who are in the same position as me trying to make things happen.

Lohman446
01-24-2007, 05:56 PM
What do you suggest someone who lived by him do? Your proper course of action is to get the authorities involved - someone there is only operating under your word against his, and if things go badly and the authorities get involved you and they are probably both in pretty big trouble.

mclaggan123
01-24-2007, 05:57 PM
i live by jacksonville. post a pic of your dm5 and ill keep my eye out for it. there are not many fields here so it should be easy to spot.

zondo
01-24-2007, 06:01 PM
Concur with both ^^...

Probably not the best thing for one of us to show up at his door... :shooting:

etjoyride
01-24-2007, 06:11 PM
I don't know. I have heard of people going to get someone else's gear before when it was stolen so just figured i'd try.

Here's a Pic.
http://www.jayloo.com/files/pics/39000/DSC04943_rs.JPG
It's the only one of it's kind so there won't be any others around.

If none of the other people have gotten in contact with him by saturday i will call the authorities. I just don't know exactly what to say to the local PD...

SCpoloRicker
01-24-2007, 06:23 PM
*sigh*

Derek is teh....

/forget it

Lohman446
01-24-2007, 06:28 PM
If none of the other people have gotten in contact with him by saturday i will call the authorities. I just don't know exactly what to say to the local PD...

Call your police department and ask for help, they may at least make a phone call for them if you come prepared and ask nicely (ie bring his phone number, do not make demands). If he annoys the local officers they may take further steps, or it may convince him you are serious. I would send a letter of demand (google it) by certified mail. Since these tend to look pretty official a lot of people mistake them to have far more authority than they actually do.

etjoyride
01-24-2007, 06:39 PM
I'll definitely try the letter of demand idea. I do not have his phone number and when checking his address online it didn't show up, so i can't give his number to the cops, only address.

grEnAlEins
01-24-2007, 07:01 PM
*sigh*

Derek is teh....

/forget it
:spit_take I was just thinkin the same thing... :rofl:

zipity_Bop
01-26-2007, 02:58 PM
i live in Tampa....(pretty far drive)
but what do you want me to do?
i could always hold his dog as ransom......... :ninja:

etjoyride
01-26-2007, 03:02 PM
^haha, thanks for the offer. I have filed a complaint against him and a file has been open. one of the other guys that was scammed by him has also talked to the FBI and they are supposedly looking into it.

Lohman- I can't send the letter of demand because it turns out the address he used was that of a house up for sale and he would just take the mail from them (trespassing)

zipity_Bop
01-26-2007, 03:05 PM
omfg i thought about doing that............
but i'm not a dick

Lohman446
01-26-2007, 03:09 PM
^haha, thanks for the offer. I have filed a complaint against him and a file has been open. one of the other guys that was scammed by him has also talked to the FBI and they are supposedly looking into it.

Lohman- I can't send the letter of demand because it turns out the address he used was that of a house up for sale and he would just take the mail from them (trespassing)

I hate to tell you this, but your screwed.

You may get some cooperation and an IP address to track him down, though even that may have been a public computer. You don't have a realy name (assume), real address, or real phone #. Good luck.

etjoyride
01-26-2007, 03:13 PM
That's what i'm afraid of. I'm just happy that i never put that much into the marker. It's still going to hurt me though...

geekwarrior
01-26-2007, 04:12 PM
i don't know how many guns there are out there like yours, but this one looked similar?
check out the gun around 7:20.

vid (http://www.darksidevideo.org/video/f722ae77-6660-4972-bbd1-98c0003bb8ef.htm)

p8ntbal4me
01-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Call him out on the forums. Search through zapasearch and call him up.

If yur serious, and the sale or gun was more than 500USD,.... take em to small claims court.

Usually if you put some pressure on someone in the legal sense and they had to run from you in the first place,... 500 bucks isnt worth 5000 worth in fines and possible fraud charges.

Next time do a 3rd party broker/transaction deal through Doc Nickle or something. Someone that has some "shine" in the PB community.

etjoyride
01-26-2007, 04:27 PM
geekwarrior- he has a UL and i'm pretty sure that's a DM6

p8ntbal4me- the forum thing has been done on PBN, i'll try the rest

Lohman446
01-26-2007, 04:41 PM
That's what i'm afraid of. I'm just happy that i never put that much into the marker. It's still going to hurt me though...

Make sure you don't rely on someone else "getting the FBI" involved or such. Most of the time people fail to follow up because they expect someone else will do something, noone will for your stuff. You need to file a police report, perhaps contact your AG about fraud. Make it a point to do something on your own behalf to get your stuff back.

SkApAiNtMaG
01-26-2007, 05:34 PM
where exactly did you send your gun in jacksonville FL? give me the addy and I will see if it is really close to me. sorry that ****er did that to you

Pump Scout
01-26-2007, 06:02 PM
Seems he wasn't always a tool, or always able to get away with his scams. There are some pretty reputable people throughout his feedback. Unfortunately, this sort of thing seems to be happening more and more lately. I see way too many people who are nervous about a deal, but won't cough up for a third-party service. That's what they're there for.

GL getting your gun back... hopefully the Jacksonville PD will be at least somewhat helpful.

etjoyride
01-26-2007, 11:19 PM
I have contacted the FBI, someone else jsut did it first and got the ball rolling. SkApAiNtMaG - the address was a home that is up for sale and the guy would just get the slips for the packages out of the mail (mail fraud). so the address is pretty much useless. The realtor has been talked to and apparently knows nothing.

Triangle
01-26-2007, 11:43 PM
I like your gun. It shoots real nice and smooth.
I'm gonna have it renno'd though. It's ugly.

etjoyride
01-27-2007, 01:08 AM
YOu know triangle, to be honest your post (and most others you make) are useless and annoying. Go back to FC where at least some people enjoy you.

MMaglpc
01-27-2007, 01:30 AM
i saw your gun on stock class paintball

Triangle
01-27-2007, 01:44 AM
YOu know triangle, to be honest your post (and most others you make) are useless and annoying. Go back to FC where at least some people enjoy you.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/StaticKnight/Optimized%20Gif%20dude/1169815565471.gif

etjoyride
01-27-2007, 12:19 PM
MMaglpc- i was selling it on there when i was selling it elsewhere. you might have noticed it was under the same name.