PDA

View Full Version : Lengthening the sear pin

AlphaPaintballRef2
01-24-2007, 11:29 PM
My emag works great in E mode, however it will not fire in mech mode. I believe all I must do is lengthen the sear rod/pin (whatever its called). I'm pretty sure it's loctited in there so I tried to take the sear out but was having a bugger of a time doing it. Is there any way to detach the plunger form the sear so I can lift it right out (or are there any easy ways of removing it so I can get access to the sear pin)?
Also, what are your experiences with adjusting the sear pin? How'd you do it etc. Sorry if this seems noobish but I tried a search and couldn't really come up with anything...and I didn't just want to go ripping parts out of my mag before I knew exactly what I was doing.

Thanks for the help!

Tunaman
01-25-2007, 05:56 AM
There is a C-clip on the plunger that stops the plunger from coming out. You need to pull that off.

Tony Montana
01-25-2007, 09:14 AM
I've heard that you shouldn't adjust it but if you think you need to, I would definitely either mark it or do something so you know exactly where to change it back to in case it doesn't work. And yes, it is loctited so just heat up the area where you can't see the threads for 5-10 seconds with a lighter (careful, she's hot) and use some pliers to turn it. It you don't want to scratch or mark up the pin, put something around it for the pliers to grip on, some kind of rubber or something.

phizz
01-25-2007, 10:40 AM
if you have a caliper measure it before adjusting to save yourself some troubles if lengthing doesn't work. Just unscrew the pin 1/8 of a turn at a time and try it out.

Go to http://www.niedtech.com register your name and download a copy of his user manuel it has some great instructions for emags and adjusting the sear.