PDA

View Full Version : Old School Part - Venom High Line

p8ntbal4me
01-25-2007, 10:24 PM
Anyone remember the Venom High Line?

It was a high line much like the ones found on classic R/Ts but the part next to the valve has a slide check bleed on it which also was a shut off. Slick setup, havent seen one in years.

Was wondering if:

Someone knew where to get them now Venom Toxic Toys is long gone.

or

If someone makes a version of it now as a substitute product as I want to buy some.

Bartman
01-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Anyone remember the Venom High Line?

It was a high line much like the ones found on classic R/Ts but the part next to the valve has a slide check bleed on it which also was a shut off. Slick setup, havent seen one in years.

Was wondering if:

Someone knew where to get them now Venom Toxic Toys is long gone.

or

If someone makes a version of it now as a substitute product as I want to buy some.

Yea I remeber them, they where nice, wouldn't be too hard for you to make one, or even get intouch with one of the custom guys and they could fix you right up.

try Doc or punisher and I highly recomend KPcustoms I have had some realy sweet stuff done with them.

Bartman

punkncat
01-25-2007, 10:32 PM
Do a search...there was a post a while back about it or something similar. IIRC they had a leak problem.

p8ntbal4me
01-25-2007, 10:47 PM
Do a search...there was a post a while back about it or something similar. IIRC they had a leak problem.

Yeah I see the last 2 posts.

I think Ill get Docs high line and drop the diso into a stably instead. I know those work, I have them all over my other guns.

Just think the high line is a slick way to go for looks.

Doc Nickel
01-26-2007, 04:55 AM
Venom lines tended to leak. The upper (AIR valve) fitting simply had a captive O-ring that slid over the end of the stainless line. Tolerances weren't great, nor was O-ring quality, and it took some fiddling to make them seal reliably- especially after they'd had some use. The ones with the slide check were even worse.

My stainless lines, cool as they are, are too rigid. It's almost impossible to get the valve to twist to release from the Z-groove in the rail. And I can't add any "slop" to the connections without also introducing somewhat less reliable O-rings.

I've built several sets for people who insisted that such stiffness "wouldn't be a problem", and in all the cases that I know of, the buyer eventually went back to braided line with a QD, or macroline.

The cool line in my Galleries with the QD? The QD is useless. You can't "unclip" the connection without removing the front grip frame screw. Only found that out after I built it. :D

Yeah, you can take out that little pin from the AIR valve, but in that case, if the rear field-strip screw breaks, the valve would fly backwards and smack you in the nose at 300 FPS.

Sorry. That's why you guys don't see any/many hardlines out there.

Doc.

cledford
01-26-2007, 10:21 AM
The venom product was crap - literally throwing money away. If you do a search here at AO you'll find a couple threads with everything you need to know.

-Calvin

FinchMan
01-26-2007, 12:09 PM
I think a slide-check bleed/shutoff/QD combo would be nice for a braided steel line. Does anybody make those?

StygShore
01-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Smallest bleed I have ever seen has to be the one from Cooper-T - its no larger than a QD, but they were prone to slicing o-rings. They may have made one of these that used a compression fitting, so you could conceivably hardline it, but never tried it.

The newest Pro-connects were best option if you wanted a bleed/QD combo. They are pricey but they provide the QD and bleed in 1 step.

http://i8.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/78/87/8aa8_1.JPG

Most use On/Offs and just a QD on the valve or CA now a days

Styg