PDA

View Full Version : We need to start a "WTB" section in the classifieds.

automikey
01-26-2007, 11:21 PM
The sale sections are getting cluttered with "WTB" threads. There's a WTB section on MCB which works well. Let's do that here.

trevorjk
01-26-2007, 11:36 PM
The sale sections are getting cluttered with "WTB" threads. There's a WTB section on MCB which works well. Let's do that here.

well on MCB it would work as most people who post WTB threads on MCB are usually looking for that oddity. but in the case of here, or on Pbn ... most WTB threads are for lazyasses who refuse to search :cool: thats my opinion at least

Triangle
01-26-2007, 11:40 PM
I dont see a problem with it, and I dont see it as being lazy. If you don't like it, just don't click on it.

See? Easy.

jenarelJAM
01-26-2007, 11:45 PM
Or for things that aren't usually advertised. For instance, I have a WTB out for a cocker-threaded scepter back. I've done quite a bit of searching, and so far, nothing, so I put up a WTB ad in case someone sees it, has one, and wants to get rid of it.

I have nothing against a WTB forum, however. It sounds like a great idea to me.

Tao
01-27-2007, 01:04 AM
well on MCB it would work as most people who post WTB threads on MCB are usually looking for that oddity. but in the case of here, or on Pbn ... most WTB threads are for lazyasses who refuse to search :cool: thats my opinion at least

Well even if those post are out of lazyness it really is a better reason to make a WTB forum to remove the clutter for (not so lazy) shoppers. The mods can just move or delete those post out of the for sale forum.

Swampy
01-27-2007, 06:43 AM

Not true my friend. I didn't want to waste the space to trade away just my Doc's adapter (No I don't have it anymore bother Freebird he has it now). Granted theres a demand for it. But if I have and did have parts lying around I like to see anybody will trade for them rather then selling/buying (depending on the user, IMO trading for stuff is better then spend the cash for it, and keep the monies for beer and cigs).

SR_matt
01-27-2007, 08:36 AM
there are pros and cons to both. the one WTB forum clears stuff out so you have selling and buying seperated but thyen the WTB gets confusing since you have just random stuff.

on a forum this size i think it combinded as is works best.

-matt

txaggie08
01-27-2007, 09:19 AM
My problem with a WTB section is this:

Generaly forums with sperate sections like that have very low traffic in there WTB sections. I people dont happen to catch it as the newest thread posted, they dont see it. With it being in the independent section, with apropriate titles, people see it and are more likely to respond.

For example, I want a CP reg. My WTB title is very clear about type, color, preference in option. If someone see it, has one, theyll post. I also list other options in the thread that people wiht similar items might try to offer.

I just think seperate forums are a bad idea, but then again i also disagree with the "must post a price"policy. It leads me to do things like post 100$ parts at 500$ and take offers anyway....

grEnAlEins
01-27-2007, 09:46 AM
The mods can just move or delete those post out of the for sale forum.
:rofl: Just like they can delete spam and ban the posters in a timely fashion... :spit_take
I really do not care either way. I rarely look at WTB threads, and will rarely look at a new forum filled with them. I can see where it would be a good idea though...

automikey
01-28-2007, 08:24 AM
My problem with a WTB section is this:

Generaly forums with sperate sections like that have very low traffic in there WTB sections. I people dont happen to catch it as the newest thread posted, they dont see it. With it being in the independent section, with apropriate titles, people see it and are more likely to respond.

For example, I want a CP reg. My WTB title is very clear about type, color, preference in option. If someone see it, has one, theyll post. I also list other options in the thread that people wiht similar items might try to offer.

I just think seperate forums are a bad idea, but then again i also disagree with the "must post a price"policy. It leads me to do things like post 100$ parts at 500$ and take offers anyway....

It seems more likely that people simply did not have the item you wanted and did not reply to your ad, and you concluded that there was low traffic.

I check the WTB on MCB every day, it only takes a minute since they are all grouped together, and it's a good way for me to sell off small items without having to start a sale thread.