PDA

View Full Version : So If I start a company supporting automags, I can circumvent the cuss filter too?

magman007
01-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Ok, Il produce something real quick and easy, take someone elses designs, and go around breaking the cuss filter rules. sounds fun right guys?

any one want some bogus factor gasthroughs? they are exactly like the cp's! il be selling em soon so i can break ao's rules too!

Grow a spine mods. I dont care if rogue is the last remaining company producing crap for the mag. What he did was wrong.

Watch, Il get banned for this too.. over 7k posts never banned...

Macaroni Feets
01-27-2007, 02:21 PM
Oh, he didn't spam either?
Quoting something over and over and over?

For shame, Not rogue!

magman007
01-27-2007, 02:23 PM
AO is more corrupt than 1920's chicago.

EDIT: DO NOT TRY TO TELL ME THAT YOU HAD NO RECOLECTION OF ROGUE BREAKING THE CURSE RULE. I KNOW IT IS LOGGED EVERYTIME SOMEONE REPORTS A POST.

zazzoo
01-27-2007, 02:59 PM
What is the big deal? Does cursing hurt your feelings or something? Sure he curses but most of the time the people deserve it. Sure you could make a mag part and get respect like rogue does. The fact is Rogue is one of the few that is actually doing anything for mags. This thread is really pointless if your mad at rogue for cursing simpy send him a pm and ask him not to, im sure he would be reasonable with you.

magman007
01-27-2007, 03:58 PM
What is the big deal? Does cursing hurt your feelings or something? Sure he curses but most of the time the people deserve it. Sure you could make a mag part and get respect like rogue does. The fact is Rogue is one of the few that is actually doing anything for mags. This thread is really pointless if your mad at rogue for cursing simpy send him a pm and ask him not to, im sure he would be reasonable with you.

zazzoo, the point is that rogue blatently broke a rule, which has called for the banishment of many long standing members on ao. What is the point in having rules, if they only apply to some?

ive been here longer than you can imagine, i know how stuff runs around here, and it is why I havnt posted here for quite some time.

wimag
01-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Ok, Il produce something real quick and easy, take someone elses designs, and go around breaking the cuss filter rules. sounds fun right guys?

any one want some bogus factor gasthroughs? they are exactly like the cp's! il be selling em soon so i can break ao's rules too!

Grow a spine mods. I dont care if rogue is the last remaining company producing crap for the mag. What he did was wrong.

you shouldnt get banned for that post.

warbeak2099
01-27-2007, 04:28 PM
Why don't you post the screenshot of the circumvention so you can prove it happened?

mobsterboy
01-27-2007, 04:32 PM
because AO prides itself on being friendly, clean and upstanding
:dodgy:

Who'd have thought, a Dye fanatic hating on AO'ers...

And really, why ***** about it to us??? Chain of Command DAWG, chain of command.... Talk to Rogue, if you dont like his answer, talk to a mod, if you dont like his answer, talk to an admin, and if you dont like HIS answer, lemme know and I'll arrange the meeting between you and God :D

surfbum
01-27-2007, 04:34 PM
wow i dont come on in the morning and i miss all the juicy stuff

what exactly happened? just a general synopsis, dont want to get this thread deleted too

MANN
01-27-2007, 04:47 PM
I am really not sure what you are tring to acheive with this thread. To out Rouge cursing the other night?? Big deal. If Tom came here, and said a bad word would you want to ban him also?

My point is not everyone is perfect. We all make bad decisions some times, and sometimes get a little flustered with different situations. I did not read what he posted, and really dont care.

Mods here usually dont ban upon a users first curse word. I know Army has given me a warning or two, and am yet to be ban. If you are wanting someone to ban Rouge get over yourself. The fact is that he brings alot of good gear to the forums.

Another thing that I cannot understand is what the big deal is about Rouge's foregrip. So he copied CP's shorty, so what? I dont see what the big deal is. Should we not be incouraging a fellow AOer that is making parts for us that are easier for us to aquire, and cheaper?

I am sure this thread will go on and on about why AO is corrupt, but I dont care. As far as I am concerned certain AO members should get special privlages, and second warnings. It seems here lately we are arguing like a bunch of 12 yr old girls. Everyone needs to just get over their selves, and quit the bickering.

/end rant

warbeak2099
01-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Seriously though I'd like to see that screenshot.

behemoth
01-27-2007, 05:14 PM
Seriously though I'd like to see that screenshot.

You would.

gus13
01-27-2007, 06:46 PM
I am really not sure what you are tring to acheive with this thread.

I am sure this thread will go on and on about why AO is corrupt, but I dont care. It seems here lately we are arguing like a bunch of 12 yr old girls. Everyone needs to just get over their selves, and quit the bickering.

/end rant

QFT couldn't agree more.
/thread.
//no seriously we're done here. :argh:

txaggie08
01-27-2007, 06:59 PM
and yall informed me I was stupid for getting mad at bonfire jokes......

Take a step back, breath(this coming after i found out triangle wasnt a total *** ;)). Forums are run by admins who get to do pretty much what they want, just the way its going to be. Did you ever stop to think you might be followin a pied piper to the gates on this one guys..

behemoth
01-27-2007, 07:00 PM
QFT couldn't agree more.
/thread.
//no seriously we're done here. :argh:

i'm glad we have your approval.

warbeak2099
01-27-2007, 07:08 PM
You would.

No U!

grEnAlEins
01-27-2007, 07:21 PM
No U!
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/3820/642pxnoukattanzi0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Lenny
01-27-2007, 07:30 PM
I've cussed a few times on here and have yet to be banned. I very rarely do, though. The worst that's happened was Army edited my post with a warning in place of the word.

AO is very leanient(sp?) when it comes to cussing. As long as it's not regular and not causing a ruckus, the mods will let it slide.

It's not just Rogue. I think you're just freaking out. Rogue isn't the Satan's spawn he's been accused of being recently. And about his "idea thefts", so what? He took a CP gas-thru and made it fit flush with an Intelli. So he made a 90* frame after WDP. Big deal. PVI made the Shocker. Look at how many electros are out now. Idea theft?

68magOwner
01-27-2007, 07:47 PM
PVI made the Shocker. Look at how many electros are out now. Idea theft?
Possibly THE worst analogy of all time.

Your basically saying "yeah, rogue made a nearly identical copy of somones gashthrough and sold it as his own, but, look at all those guns that are completley and utterly different than that other gun but share one common feature!" Rogue completley copied the whole desighn, not made a completley different gas through that happened to also ust a macro fitting.....

Lenny
01-27-2007, 07:52 PM

Your basically saying "yeah, rogue made a nearly identical copy of somones gashthrough and sold it as his own, but, look at all those guns that are completley and utterly different than that other gun but share one common feature!" Rogue completley copied the whole desighn, not made a completley different gas through that happened to also ust a macro fitting.....
Fine. Gen-E made the first spool valve. Look at the market now.

Does that tickle your fancy?

Chronobreak
01-27-2007, 07:53 PM
bashing on RF?

count me in

:clap:

--he would have like 13k post if he diddnt ninja em all :ninja:

68magOwner
01-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Fine. Gen-E made the first spool valve. Look at the market now.

Does that tickle your fancy?

Gen E also sold their design, they didnt just have it ripped off randomly.

edit- I am not here just to bash RF, or to say he hasnt done great things for the automag community, but, some of the stuff in this thread is just stupid.

SpecialBlend2786
01-27-2007, 08:54 PM
and yall informed me I was stupid for getting mad at bonfire jokes......

Take a step back, breath(this coming after i found out triangle wasnt a total *** ;)). Forums are run by admins who get to do pretty much what they want, just the way its going to be. Did you ever stop to think you might be followin a pied piper to the gates on this one guys..

Speaking about admins....has anyone heard from Webby? Is he ok?

EDIT: I do like Rogue's products, and I wasn't around to see what actually happened, so i'd be interested to see the screens. I also think that all members on AO should be treated equally, no matter who they are. If someone breaks the rules, there should be consequences.

ublpb

txaggie08
01-27-2007, 10:18 PM
Dont get me wrong, if rogue did what I think he did, he probably deserves it to in a way.

But i reinterate my comment about the pipers merry tune, and all the little mice following along ;)

Railgun
01-27-2007, 10:26 PM
Ya know.....

I think if the weather was better and you could all go out and play paintball then the threads that inspired this thread and this thread would never have even occured. Chalk it up to the winter.

Everyone go shoot at your galvanized garbage can. It makes a very soul satisfying noise and you'll feel better...

d4m4don3
01-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Ya know.....

I think if the weather was better and you could all go out and play paintball then the threads that inspired this thread and this thread would never have even occured. Chalk it up to the winter.

Everyone go shoot at your galvanized garbage can. It makes a very soul satisfying noise and you'll feel better...

:dance: Someone finally made some sense. :p

Pneumagger
01-27-2007, 10:43 PM

Actually The RPG gas thru is longer than the CP shorty and shorter than the CP long. It's a happy medium for those who:
a) Dont want a Little logo sticker on their grip
b) Thinks the CP shorty looks like a stubby chode (<-- I think I can say that ?? )
c) Find the long CP too hard to route gas through with "concise" looking Maroline arrangement.

Granted it shares the looks but is a bit different in it's own reguard. He chose a popular design (to have some assured sales) and slightly changed it. Say, why don't we go around chastising every business owner that makes a financially intelligent product.

Things to consider that are now "ripped off":
2 piece (multi bore) barrels
the double trigger
.45 ergonomic frame
HES triggers
the Nelson valvetrian

Indignant
01-27-2007, 10:46 PM
short answer to topic question? yes. yes, you can.

zaqwert6
01-27-2007, 10:58 PM
AO is more corrupt than 1920's chicago.

EDIT: DO NOT TRY TO TELL ME THAT YOU HAD NO RECOLECTION OF ROGUE BREAKING THE CURSE RULE. I KNOW IT IS LOGGED EVERYTIME SOMEONE REPORTS A POST.

Thats an absolute QFT !!

Anyone been here long enough has seen that atrocity played out a thousand times.

Don't forget massive spamming , blatent sale ads in unapropriate places and mulitple User names.

Coupled with unrivaled ninja posting and undermining or blatent trashing of any forseable competition and you have him all summed up. ;)

Target Practice
01-27-2007, 11:20 PM
Oh AO.

Same crap, different year.

Edit: Why does my weed smell like Chicken of the Sea?

wjr
01-27-2007, 11:21 PM

Do you have screen shots of said incident?

Right now I'm wondering why everyone is getting so worked up about it. Mabye that will change if I see what he actually wrote.

p8ntbal4me
01-27-2007, 11:48 PM
I just want to add my comment to this,.. leave you to decide how I view this post.

I am building a mod for mags as some of you know. It comes in 2 versions, one being strickly electronic, and one version will be electro-pneumatic.

While we all know hyperframes, boo-yaahs, and maybe the emags lowers are all mods out for the mag I would have to work around and in the legal guidelines to get my product to the market.

My electro-pneumatic mod in some ways works like the Logic UMF. I have never shot, seen the frames workings, or been graced with the design files of this mod,.... I am taking careful steps to producing a product and then contacting the parties responsible for making a simular product.

Why? One for legal reasons. Which I am happy to say my lawyer is working out for me. But the other reason is sheer professionalism. I know alot of time and effort went into the Logic product to make it perform the way it does in the videos.

Its just being curteous,... giving the other guy the chance to feel like you care about his efforts and you dont want to spin off his work and make a quick buck.

I havent made it past my electronics yet,.. but Im getting close. I know at some point Im going to have to sit down with some people on here over a beer or something and show them what I got and will they give me an okay on it.

I think its just being professional,... thats all.

I dont know what the whole deal was with Rogue and the other things said before my posts,.. I really dont care to dig into it anymore. Im just saying my opinion as someone was talking about the ethics involved in one-offing someones work. Some cases its okay, some cases its not. Depends who you talk to and who gives you the okay,....

Feel free to comment,... thanks.

AO Moderation Team
01-28-2007, 12:12 AM
Thread closed.

Magman007 your point is noted and it has validity. We're going to try to look at what is going on and how rules have been enforced as of late. But you need to work on a different approach in how you bring it up instead of whining to attract attention and goading the moderators to ban you.

Cheers.
-Sleeping Dragon