PDA

View Full Version : Calling a airsmith for velocity drop-off!

Kloki1971
01-27-2007, 05:06 PM
Here's the deal. I'm running a level 7, with HPA on my mag. When I start a string, the velocity is good, after about three rapid shots is starts to fade. I'm not short stroking, because I have slowed down and done full deliberate strokes to see if it recovers. The shots will recover velocity after a pause in firing for about 1 second. Any ideas on why I'm having the drop off??

MANN
01-27-2007, 07:51 PM
Do you have a reg in line before your valve?? Have you rebuilt your reg on your valve lately? the reg seat can cause velocity adjustments.

tac one
01-27-2007, 08:40 PM
Do you have a reg in line before your valve?? Have you rebuilt your reg on your valve lately? the reg seat can cause velocity adjustments.

So what is the fix for something like this?

MANN
01-27-2007, 09:15 PM
mag users should never put regs inline before the valve. It starves the valve of air.

As far as the reg the orings within it should be replaced every once in a while, or the velocity will see variations.

Kloki1971
01-29-2007, 01:06 PM
mag users should never put regs inline before the valve. It starves the valve of air.

As far as the reg the orings within it should be replaced every once in a while, or the velocity will see variations.
I actually figured it out. Recently, I coverted from Co2 to HPA, but I didn't rework the lines. The air had to flow through the expansion, then to the valve. I reworked it this weekend and the problem cleared up. I think having the air run so far was affecting the recharge rate, after the first few shots the velocity was dropping off because the air had to travel so far. :clap:

Now I'm good to go!! Thanks for the postings though! Precaite it!