PDA

View Full Version : Fill Nipple O-ring Replacement

djslik
01-29-2007, 01:46 PM
I have a Nitro Duck X-stream 68/45 tank and the fill nipple is starting to leak. I called Nitro Duck and the guy over there said to get a Urethane O-ring and replace it, the guy on the phone didn't know what size it was and said to just take it out and take it to the hardware store or paintball store and replace it. Either way does anyone know what size O-ring is used on the Fill Nipples and what durometer rating so I can just order a bag of them from McMaster Carr.

behemoth
01-29-2007, 01:57 PM
I have a Nitro Duck X-stream 68/45 tank and the fill nipple is starting to leak. I called Nitro Duck and the guy over there said to get a Urethane O-ring and replace it, the guy on the phone didn't know what size it was and said to just take it out and take it to the hardware store or paintball store and replace it. Either way does anyone know what size O-ring is used on the Fill Nipples and what durometer rating so I can just order a bag of them from McMaster Carr.

What a worthless Nitroduck Employee.

Call them again, or their distributor, hell, any tank distributor should have a similar sized oring for their fill nipples.

Tunaman
01-29-2007, 05:08 PM
There are dozens of different size orings for these things. Get the mil spec flatline fill nipple. Then you can use the small RT on/off oring to fix it if it ever needs it. ;)

djslik
01-29-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm hoping you have these in stock so I can just order it off your website.

Tunaman
01-29-2007, 07:49 PM
just send me an email at tunaman5@comcast.net I'll hook you up. ;)