PDA

View Full Version : Now Hiring

PYROMAN315
01-29-2007, 02:56 PM
APPLICATIONS
Are now being accepted for the 2007 season.

AVAILABLE POSITIONS ARE;
INSIDE SALES
HEAD REFEREES
FIELD REFEREES
PRIVATE & OPEN GAME REF?S
SECURITY
SAFE AREA CONTROL STAFF

Pay will vary with level of experience.
This is a part time/seasonal position.
Applicants need to be 16 years of age or older and must have reliable transportation to and from work.
Full training for all new Staff members, and previous
paintball experience is not required.
Several perks come with the job, and playing paintball at Fox is one of them.
So don't get stuck with a stuffy indoor job this summer, join us for some great fun at Fox while working in the great outdoors.

Call the field manager for more details at (630)803-7658.
Or stop by the Fox retail store in Aurora, Il., or the Fox playing field in Millington, Il.

iambored
01-29-2007, 03:09 PM
I'm not sure if this is spam?

Lohman446
01-29-2007, 03:17 PM

Since your not a mod, you probably dont have to worry about it.

trevorjk
01-29-2007, 03:39 PM

its paintball related. and hes offering AO's the oppertunity to work part time at a paintball store/field. i think this is a nice gesture if you ask me

PumpMag
01-29-2007, 04:22 PM
He's posted so that AO members can get hired. Then thumbs up for this thread! :headbang:

jenarelJAM
01-29-2007, 04:54 PM
Yeah, if I lived in the area, I'd call and see. It sounds fun. Alas...

PYROMAN315
01-29-2007, 06:18 PM
Not intended as spam. Well, most of you understood it. Id much rather hire players and people that know about paintball over Trekkies (Dont punish me for that one, we all know its true).
The ones that put effort into their work get moved up fast. We have just as many Head Ref's as we do regular Ref's. Oh,and we have a kick *** time there too.
Keep the reply's comin and get into the store for those aps. Were only taking aps for field help at this time. I need at least 15-20 more employees to get the year going good. Ill be setting up a "group interview" for all new applicants in March at the field. Make sure you get your aps filled out soon.

skife
01-29-2007, 06:30 PM
Definatally props to you, i wish this was offered to me back home, i would have been on it in an instant.

Lohman446
01-29-2007, 06:46 PM
Not intended as spam. Well, most of you understood it. Id much rather hire players and people that know about paintball over Trekkies (Dont punish me for that one, we all know its true).
The ones that put effort into their work get moved up fast. We have just as many Head Ref's as we do regular Ref's. Oh,and we have a kick *** time there too.
Keep the reply's comin and get into the store for those aps. Were only taking aps for field help at this time. I need at least 15-20 more employees to get the year going good. Ill be setting up a "group interview" for all new applicants in March at the field. Make sure you get your aps filled out soon.

Not to be idiotic or insulting, because I like the offer you are making people...

If there as many head refs as field refs... what defines a head ref? Around here they are the ref that has the final call on field if there is a disagreement about calls only to be reconsidered by the field owner.

FooTemps
01-29-2007, 06:52 PM
Just pitching in to give you props for doing a good thing for the paintball community.

PYROMAN315
01-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Not to be idiotic or insulting, because I like the offer you are making people...

If there as many head refs as field refs... what defines a head ref? Around here they are the ref that has the final call on field if there is a disagreement about calls only to be reconsidered by the field owner.

We run up to 10 private games each day. Each private game receives one Head Ref, and one Field Ref. We also run 1 to 2 Open Game speedball games, which also require a Head Ref. And we always run the Open Game with at least one Head Ref, possibly two, and we always run at least one Open Game at a time, possibly two.
Plus we like to have extra Head Ref's in case other Ref's need time off. Head Ref's earn a little more money, but need to prove themselves worthy of the position by earning respect from the players and Management first.
Make sense? Sometimes I type without thinking clear. 2006 was a good year, but we want 2007 to be a GREAT year. That can only be done with great Staff.
We did go through ALOT of employees in 2006. I only keep the ones that will make Fox Paintball Illinois Premier paintball field.

FooTemps & skife- Thanks for the props, its always appreciated.

jenarelJAM
01-30-2007, 02:08 AM
So becoming a head ref is a little harder, but they make a little more money. Is there any disadvantage to being a head ref, like less flexible hours, or having more of a responsibility for the outcome of the day, having specific duties that regular refs aren't trusted with, or something?

Sounds to me like being a head ref is unquestionably better, why does anyone become a regular ref at all? And if the answer to that is, "because it's hard to become a head ref," then why are there so many of them? I'm just a little confused here...

PYROMAN315
01-30-2007, 08:53 AM
So becoming a head ref is a little harder, but they make a little more money. Is there any disadvantage to being a head ref, like less flexible hours, or having more of a responsibility for the outcome of the day, having specific duties that regular refs aren't trusted with, or something?

Sounds to me like being a head ref is unquestionably better, why does anyone become a regular ref at all? And if the answer to that is, "because it's hard to become a head ref," then why are there so many of them? I'm just a little confused here...

All Referees start as a standard Field Ref, regardless of experience level. When an opening for Head Ref comes available, we then interview the regular Field Ref's that have showed interest and potential for moving up to the Head Ref position. Like any other job, you have to start at the bottom and work your way up.
Head Ref's have ALOT more responsibility. They need to know how to complete and organize all of the private game paperwork, keep players moving between games, know all of the safety rules and enforce them to the fullest, help train and be responsible for the Field Ref assigned to them, and need to be able to conduct themselves at a much higher standard that is expected of them. To put this in more simple terms, Management hand picks the Head Referees to fill the positions. Head Ref's are chosen by what they can do for the company, not how much *** they can kiss.
Fox Paintball is a business, and we run it just as that. We try to have as much fun at work as possible, while still running the most premier field in Illinois.
If that doesnt answer the question, then you have two choices;
A. Fill out an aplication and try it out
B. Or,try another line of work
You figure it out, applications are filling fast.

[echo]
01-30-2007, 02:11 PM
what are the pay rates for the ref. positions? I'm a ref at a local field, and i'm curious about other fields pay rates.

TIA
[e]

PYROMAN315
01-30-2007, 05:05 PM
']what are the pay rates for the ref. positions? I'm a ref at a local field, and i'm curious about other fields pay rates.

TIA
[e]

Due to company policy, we can only discuss pay levels during employee interviews, sorry.
However, experience may help.

PYROMAN315
02-01-2007, 07:16 PM
Were in Feb now. I will be calling everyone that applied at theend ofthe month. We will have a group interview at the field in early March. This way, we can group everyone together to see what we have to choose from.
Ive only got a hand full of applications turned in. Im looking for at least 30-40 new employees this year. So, make your decision soon so I dont have to post a help wanted add in the paper. We all know what kind of response ill be getting from that. (All the people who cant get hired anywhere else. "Ding fries are done") And im sure NOBODY wants to be Reffed by that.

Id like to see alot more AO'ers at the Fox field this year. Im not sure howmany of you know what the relationship is between Fox and AGD, but to sum it up, were running close to 250 Automag rentals at our field powered by Center Flag reg's. Yeah, 15 years ago that was huge, however, we still have almost all of the original rental mags that we started with. Extremely reliable markers. And remember back 15 years ago when all of the other fields were using pumps, Spyders, Piranhas, etc. (Basically, the cheapest there was at the time)? Fox was using the top of the line pnuematic markers, which were a pretty penny back then (Back when paint was .6 to .7 cents per ball and everyone was FPO).
So, we run strong, and were here for the long run. Join Illinois PREMIER outdoor playing field as partof our Staff this summer.

spectre184
02-01-2007, 09:26 PM
were running close to 250 Automag rentals at our field powered by Center Flag reg's.

Wow I just googled your field and very impresive. here is link to pic of some of those rentals (http://www.foxpaintball.com/photo_album/2006/Sales%20Building/pages/IMG_5190_JPG.htm)

I nned to google map this and see how far it is from where I live. Maybe I hear ROAD TRIP :headbang:

PYROMAN315
02-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Wow I just googled your field and very impresive. here is link to pic of some of those rentals (http://www.foxpaintball.com/photo_album/2006/Sales%20Building/pages/IMG_5190_JPG.htm)

I nned to google map this and see how far it is from where I live. Maybe I hear ROAD TRIP :headbang:

SWEEEEEET! I couldnt have picked a better pic. What was I thinking?

PYROMAN315
02-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Things are looking good at the field right now. Although its cold out, were still working hard getting ready for the early spring busy season.
Fox PB will be hosting a ton of events this year, including two all day Scenario Events, one in the spring (LOST), and one in the fall (TRAINING DAY III) all hosted by SPLATTERZONE PAINTBALL PRODUCTIONS, Illinois LARGEST traveling Scenario Event Promoters. Were planning to see between 400 to 500 players at each of these all day Scenario events, soooooooo, we will be needing lots of help. To run a well organized, and safe event with 500 players at the field, it can take up to 50 employees to keep everything running smoothly.
The applications are starting to come in, but were still way shy of the amount that we need. Id like to have 40 on staff, and at least 10 extra applicants ready to go.
Its still early, but were making our plans now. PM me with any questions.