PDA

View Full Version : Cocker Or Angel, Which would you rather use?

magman007
01-02-2002, 02:39 AM
Ok, First off Please do not tell me to run a search. I own a cocker and it is nice, but im geting envy. I would just like to know what you would prefer. My cocker is top of the line and is straight from kapp. It has top anno, top pneus(from kapp) and top internals. Im just wondering what you guys would rather use. I love my cocker, and im just wondering what your feelings are

toymyster
01-02-2002, 02:47 AM
If you love your Cocker, then stick with it!!! I know a lot of Cocker shooters who got Angels, and they shoot their "backup" Cocker more often than their Angel!!!!

Oregon_pb_
01-02-2002, 03:03 AM
Buy one of each. Can't go wrong with that.

BlackVCG
01-02-2002, 03:44 AM
Cocker.

liigod
01-02-2002, 04:06 AM
for performence but big get a sandridge f5 or a nice wgp hinge trigger cocker, they both outperform an angel in the real world. I mean who needs to pull over 11 if your shooting a cocker!?

for speed and size, which is what angels are suposed to do then get an sfl emag which are fast and acurate. They are everything angels aer and more. Angels just have no place in todays gear bag in MY opinion, but apparently half of the world disagrees with me, and the other half wants to know what a paintballgun is.

magman007
01-02-2002, 04:26 AM
thanx for the short and sweet answer black! and i kno about the sfl's and all that stuff, im just wondering about other people. Im not planning on buying a new gun or upgrading it right away. Personally, i want to wait and see what kapp does in the way of a hinge trigger, system x has a nice one out, and so does powerlyte. Altho my masterplan includes retrofitting a zgrip to a cocker.Manike said it may be possible, so i wanna try an do it! I may ned to send it into triggernomics tho. Also i gotta get a z! But wouldnt that be awesome? a z gripped cocker? the best of both worlds?

hardr0ck68
01-02-2002, 06:05 AM
both very nice guns, for some reason i like a cockers sliding trigger, not nearly as fast as an angels but i just like it. i however own neither...i have 3 mags workin on 4....actions speak louder huh?

PsychoMag
01-02-2002, 11:38 AM
magman007, if u get the hinge frame, go with the STO version. also, I can swing getting it anodized by KAPP to match the blue marble look of the gun and boomstick...

:)

That is one sweet cocker

AngelBoy
01-02-2002, 11:48 AM
I just have to be different... Angel. I hate cockers. I hate them with a passion. I thought I liked them until I got one, now I despise that gun. If I could get a different gun I would though, but it would be an emag extreme when they come out with ACE, but im not allowed to get anymore guns:rolleyes:

damageinc54
01-02-2002, 12:11 PM
I would take a Cocker over an Angel any day.

DYE-BaLLeR
01-02-2002, 12:46 PM
hmmmm i like cockers but their kinda slow, i like angels cuz high rof but i would lean more towards a cocker.

ÐèáÐÞöÔí
01-02-2002, 12:54 PM
i still like my angel so i have to pick it.

Ityl
01-02-2002, 03:05 PM
I didn't think kapp pneu's were top of the line. But I'd say...I dunno. ROF is very important in tournies but so is accuracy. so as long as the angel is shooting accurate I'd pick it. But the cocker is more fun to tinker with.

bunkerking
01-02-2002, 03:26 PM
definately the cocker, it just feels right in my hands.

sbikeclix
01-02-2002, 06:28 PM
i personally can rip more on a cocker than an angel-but thats not saying much tho :( plus i like the fact that a cocker can have anything adjusted to it, trigger, pnematic setup, mainspring tension, operating pressure,whatever but angel there are only so many parts, plus, though many people complain that autocokers are high maintence-it did take some time to get mine working- a normal person of avreage skill and a little knowledege and some standard tools can take take apart a cocker. on the other hand, angels seem to me to be more arcane and mysterious- my friend who bought an angel had to send away for all these parts,and could not fix even the simplest parts of his angel. they are supposed to be reliable, but i havent been too impressed. but perhaps the deciding factor is that cockers are SO much nicer looking than even the best set up angels. somebody tell me if im erroneous in any of my statements. i only know a limited amount about angels, but so far im not too impressed

FeelTheRT
01-02-2002, 07:13 PM
a common set of guns is a tricked out Angel, and then a basic but nice back up Cocker. I'd go for an Angel just because of the speed, maybe later on buy a used Cocker.

drake9
01-02-2002, 10:49 PM
I simply hate both cockers and angels...

cockers have blow back which is to intertaining to keep me thinking about my game and they are so freaking complicated.

angels are inacurate and dont shoot very far. They are over priced and over rated.

and now for a gun I dont hate, E-Mag!! Sexy trigger, not to loud, simple, fast as hell!
I dont think this post is to helpful i just felt like ranting...

covadsucks
01-02-2002, 11:31 PM
In terms of daily usage, I would have to go with a cocker, as mine will outperform most angels it meets. I have my WGP hinge set so short the safety can be engaged and the marker will still fire. But before I hotrodded mine, my STO stomped a mudhole in a few Angels at the local speedball field. COCKER ALL THE WAY!
Angels make nice paperweights in my opinion.

ÐèáÐÞöÔí
01-02-2002, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by drake9
I simply hate both cockers and angels...

cockers have blow back which is to intertaining to keep me thinking about my game and they are so freaking complicated.

angels are inacurate and dont shoot very far. They are over priced and over rated.

and now for a gun I dont hate, E-Mag!! Sexy trigger, not to loud, simple, fast as hell!
I dont think this post is to helpful i just felt like ranting...

d00d ur speaking out ur *** now ok why would a e mag shoot farther then an angel if the muzzle speeds are the exactly the same. oh and accuracy is mostly paint and barrel match.

damageinc54
01-03-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by drake9
cockers have blow back

You really have no idea what you are talking about. Cockers can be adjusted to have NO blowback. If you are really good you can adjust them to where they will have a tiny bit of vacuum.

magman007
01-03-2002, 12:21 AM
cockers and blow back are usually non existant, if your cocker is timmed properly. If you realize how a closed bolt syestem works, most, if not all the air has already cycled out of the gun before the breach opens for another ball to drop in.

Your next point is cockers are complicated. THat is bull crap. Cockers have more moving parts, but they still dont have that many. They are pretty easy to maintain, and if you dont fiddle with them, you will be fine.

Angels are not innacurate, they may seem inacurate because they throw alot of paint, and in prabability, they are more accurate than a spyder.

liigod
01-03-2002, 12:36 AM
LOL angels are inacurate, its a fact. Cockers and simple if you learn how they work. I dont know every part in a cocker, but i can fix any problem just cus they are simply designed. manny parts doesnt mean its complicated. Cockers have NO block back and f5 sucks balls into the chamber.

paintballer187
01-03-2002, 10:11 AM
i would rather have an Angel, but thats because i have never shot a cocker but i have shot an Angel once.

covadsucks
01-03-2002, 10:19 AM
Any cocker when timed properly will not experience any acknowledgable blowback, hence the cocker not needing powerfeed. This person speaking of blowback must've had his timing too close together as that is the only way to experience blowback. The pnuematics were gassing back up before the hammer dropped. Simple fix, but Cockers are quite accurate from that closed bolt firing platform as there is no real recoil to alter your shot. The Angels I have shot are similar in that regard, but they are less accurate as the Infinity barrel was not matched to the paint being shot.

Maghappy
01-03-2002, 01:31 PM
angel or mag. no questions asked. i mean dude... its a cocker...

vaypourus
01-03-2002, 01:46 PM
Both are nice....but for some reason, I have this special place in my heart for cockers. My mag is sexy sexy sexy....but if I ever bought another gun (and I hope to soon) it would be a freeflow cocker. No hesitation.

banzaimf
01-03-2002, 02:01 PM
angel or cocker... first of I must admit that I have no on the field experience with an angel. I have shot exactly 2. A protoype at WDP in 96 and a dark lcd that is at a local shop.

My cocker experience is somewhat less limited. I built one from a box of parts in 97, and have just finished building my second one.

now the nitty gritty on my opinion.

A cocker with better pneus (I am not a fan of Kapps image enhancing products) and a good hinge frame can be extremely fast. (side note: I prefer the eclipse over the wgp hinge)

I have not been able to attain the same rate of fire with an angel as I have with my cocker. That may very well be an issue with the way I rhythm shoot.

If you already have a Kapp cocker, I would recommend throwing a hinge frame on it and seeing how it feels... if it doesn't feel right you can sell it and buy an angel.

banzaimf

paintbattler
01-03-2002, 02:07 PM
if u upgraded the angel i wood pick it buut if u have a stock angel and a upgraded cocker i wood get the cocker

AngelBoy
01-03-2002, 04:03 PM
The only way you can make a gun more accurate is by getting a right paint/barrel match or with spin. Angels may seem more accurate because most people with Angels overshoot (not downin anybody, I do it too), thus causing shootdown.

edweird
01-03-2002, 07:23 PM
The 'Cocker and the Angel are always second to me to the mag

but for the sake of the poll

Id take a KAPP flame Cocker with a piviot trigger over an Angel

only because my wife would steal the Angel

Bartman
01-03-2002, 07:34 PM
Cocker, for sure, once the motion of teh back block gets ni your blood there is no turning back ever.

Bartman
Team I Have noIdea
www.ihni.org

kyle
01-03-2002, 08:41 PM
haha my dad has a cocker and that mofo if ausome but when u get something like an angel u go to a largergun that dosent have the mecanical feeling of a cocker so u lose alot plus angels arent specala nymore now that they have spyders that rival them:mad: :mad: