PDA

View Full Version : Car enthusiasts: WRX?

Dubstar112
01-30-2007, 12:21 AM
Ok. So I've worked hard on making my credit score perfect and Im in the market for a car. I have the good credit and I have the brains to buy something with utility. One of my choices would be a Subaru WRX. I used to have a VR4 Galant, and I was happy with AWD for a car. I wanna go that way again. My questions are:

What kind of problems does winter pose to these cars? Im looking used maybe an 05 or so model year. I know AWD isnt the issue. But turbo in sub 0 F was a possible problem I thought of. Do they handle extreme cold very well?. Im not an import tuner, so it will be stock for most of its life. I just want reliability with a dash of thrill. Second, I didnt visit a WRX forum because naturally you will find they are the best car on that forum. So could somone else maybe suggest another vehicle with a similar niche?

If you have one, can you give me some real world mileage numbers?

That is all for now. Please keep this free of the import tuning direction :).

marctheshark0404
01-30-2007, 02:09 AM
My friend has a 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. It has AWD and a turbo, but he never drives it or gets on it, because on a good day he gets around 16MPG(City)!

On the other hand my neighbors boyfriend has had 2 WRX's and they are a blast just to ride in! Handling is pretty amazing, and acceleration is a blast...literally!

doubt that helped...just thought id share :dance:

Gitaroo Man
01-30-2007, 02:51 AM
I got around 25mpg (highway) on a road trip to school in my 2003 WRX. I can't tell you much about the turbo in the cold since I live in California though. All I can say is it's a blast to drive, handles well, and I haven't had any issues with it.