PDA

View Full Version : Last Ball Chop

SpitFire1299
01-30-2007, 12:53 AM
How many people know what this is? Ive noticed that just about everybody does it but me and my team. I really want to get this out, because honestly i doubt many know what it is.

d4m4don3
01-30-2007, 01:21 AM
How many people know what this is? Ive noticed that just about everybody does it but me and my team. I really want to get this out, because honestly i doubt many know what it is.

Lemme see if I get this right.

With a gravity loader or agitated hopper, theres no other balls on top of it to push it down so it's slower. AGD even reccomends keeping the hopper full and reload when theres like 20 rds left.

On a belt driven systems like halo's it relies on tension to push the balls into the breach fast enough to feed the gun. When you're at your last few balls theres no tension so in essence acts like a gravity feed.

SpitFire1299
01-30-2007, 01:50 AM
Yet, you still do almost always chop if your ripping.

latches109
01-30-2007, 02:06 AM

as Wilmer Valderrama says, "wellll exussse me!" most people i know wait for the last ball to stop bouncing before pulling the trigger.

jenarelJAM
01-30-2007, 02:12 AM
Or we use eyes :P
(Or lvl 10 bolts...)

d4m4don3
01-30-2007, 02:19 AM
Or we use eyes :P
(Or lvl 10 bolts...)

Say that when you have hellfires and a level 10 bolt.

Mmm soupy.

ß?µ£ §mµ®ƒ
01-30-2007, 02:28 AM
You can still chop with eyes like I do on last ball with my viking using reloaderB. just inevitable i guess

VFX_Fenix
01-30-2007, 03:28 AM
I've personally never experienced this phenomenon. I've played many times where I've ended up running out of paint, though never while shooting a string or really shooting all that quickly. If I ever end up running low/out of paint my loader usually does a good job of letting me know (the loader sounds different when it gets close to being empty) combined with the impeller constantly running when paint isn't blocking the eye gives a good indication. I dunno, maybe I should load half a pod or so up and just intentionally shoot myself out of paint in a string and see what happens. :p

PsychoBaller
01-30-2007, 05:12 AM
Mentioned above and such... but in any event;

While it does happen - last ball has a bit o bounce to it as there are none following it, and putting pressure to continue into the breech - Ya'll who haven't, should just learn to reload with about 20 or so shots left in the hopper.

:bounce:

-baller

bryceeden
01-30-2007, 11:43 AM
I don't think I've ever had my last ball chop in any of my markers. Especially my Phantom :D

Ydna
01-30-2007, 12:03 PM
I've got a lot of videos where this happened to us, the only one I could find that showed it good was this one http://www.zdspb.com/media/video/nerve_modifiedhalo.wmv
LIke they said above, the ball bounces around because it doesn't have anything above it (well, no paint anyway)

d4m4don3
01-30-2007, 12:48 PM
I don't think I've ever had my last ball chop in any of my markers. Especially my Phantom :D

No but I bet you've dry fired at least a couple of times. :cheers:

Big Boy
01-30-2007, 01:24 PM
I've never had this happen.

REDRT
01-30-2007, 01:46 PM
And without warning I ran out of paint. Shoot dang gummit, "I wish my lvl 10 bolt would have chopped the last couple balls to let me know to reload"!

Pneumagger
01-30-2007, 02:13 PM
as Wilmer Valderrama says, "wellll exussse me!" most people i know wait for the last ball to stop bouncing before pulling the trigger.
that's a good idea... Now all I have to do is keep count of all 180 rounds in my halo as I rip away @ at 15 BPS. :rolleyes:
Or better yet develop Xray vision so I can see there is no more balls in the feedneck, feedtube, and loader. Then have my ramping pause momentarily while the final ball settles. :ninja:

PS: ever heard of Eye Delay logic.

Sprite
01-30-2007, 03:07 PM
Hmmm I try my best to avoid running out of paint so I fill my hopper up each time I notice that I only have a handful of paintballs left so never experienced this problem.

latches109
01-30-2007, 03:10 PM
that's a good idea... Now all I have to do is keep count of all 180 rounds in my halo as I rip away @ at 15 BPS. :rolleyes:
Or better yet develop Xray vision so I can see there is no more balls in the feedneck, feedtube, and loader. Then have my ramping pause momentarily while the final ball settles. :ninja:

PS: ever heard of Eye Delay logic.

ah yes good ol eye delay logic when I don't use eyes, in my mags or shego. (I think this is a test question) Well the last time I hooked up an oscilloscope to some eyes I found the eye delay needed was about 2ms; just enough time to allow the ball to fully break the beam. But I digress, yes I do keep track of my paint, as I believe most players do. When I know all my pods are empty, and I'm down to half a hopper or so, I stop the ripping. Also, I know a neat trick, my halo keeps spinning when I have four shots left. So mr. pneumagger don't hate me just because I have x-ray vision and lots of sarcasm. ;)

PS: playing hopper ball develops x-ray vision.

jenarelJAM
01-30-2007, 03:15 PM
You can still chop with eyes like I do on last ball with my viking using reloaderB. just inevitable i guess
Maybe it's possible, but I've never done it. I've had balls burst in the breech. With really brittle paint, when the air pressure hits the ball, it can make the ball burst apart, and since it covers the entire barrel and part of the breech, it is usually taken for a "chop."

Pneumagger
01-30-2007, 03:34 PM
ah yes good ol eye delay logic when I don't use eyes, in my mags or shego. (I think this is a test question) Well the last time I hooked up an oscilloscope to some eyes I found the eye delay needed was about 2ms; just enough time to allow the ball to fully break the beam. But I digress, yes I do keep track of my paint, as I believe most players do. When I know all my pods are empty, and I'm down to half a hopper or so, I stop the ripping. Also, I know a neat trick, my halo keeps spinning when I have four shots left. So mr. pneumagger don't hate me just because I have x-ray vision and lots of sarcasm. ;)

I use a clear halo (and a clear feedgate when pumping) ;) Like xray vision without the cancer. Makes BYOP harder to pull off at fields... but our field has cheap prices.
On my electro I have the eye delay set to as long as it can be without cutting into the ROF. On my mag, if I chop - then I chop... no big deal. But I usually reload once the balls fall as low as the speedwheel - so about 20 balls left.

Lenny
01-30-2007, 04:02 PM
...but our field has cheap prices.
QFT!!! I still don't understand how Splat is able to charge what they do and still stay in business.

68magOwner
01-30-2007, 04:11 PM
But I usually reload once the balls fall as low as the speedwheel - so about 20 balls left.
I believe you have your halo parts mixed up. A "speedwheel" is an upgrade you can put on the gear of your halos motor to change the gear ratio and make the halo spin faster. I think your talking about the drive cone. Not a big deal, but, could save you some embarassment asking for replacement parts some day. ;)

Anyway, as long as you have a decent BIP setting, you shouldnt be getting a last ball chop problem, I never have.

Lenny
01-30-2007, 04:16 PM
I believe you have your halo parts mixed up. A "speedwheel" is an upgrade you can put on the gear of your halos motor to change the gear ratio and make the halo spin faster. I think your talking about the drive cone. Not a big deal, but, could save you some embarassment asking for replacement parts some day. ;)

Anyway, as long as you have a decent BIP setting, you shouldnt be getting a last ball chop problem, I never have.
A speedwheel is also a nice little upgrade for the Splatmaster. :ninja:

punkncat
01-30-2007, 07:14 PM

I always play hopper ball in open play. Its just no fun otherwise. My teammates have to get onto me to take more than a pod or two even in a tournament. Now that I am used to having just a hopper full I generally keep good track of my ball count.

VFX_Fenix
01-30-2007, 08:15 PM
A speedwheel is also a nice little upgrade for the Splatmaster. :ninja:
:rofl:

RRfireblade
01-30-2007, 09:30 PM
It's an increased percentage due to marker blowback ,an unweighted stack , breach bounce and in many cases light now able to enter the breach area and blind the eyes.

The obvious answer is you never wait till the last ball to reload , that should be a given. ;)

bryceeden
01-31-2007, 10:07 PM
No but I bet you've dry fired at least a couple of times. :cheers:

Not much really, I seldom run out of paint unless I'm in the woods and even then its rare, but when I do I usually just run out thats it, it dry fires once in a while but not a whole lot, but then again I do run my Timmy in delay mode, I don't have an excuse for my E-mag but I very rarely dry fire and like I said i don't think i've ever broke my last ball.