PDA

View Full Version : scammed...?

JJ8VAN
01-31-2007, 11:38 AM
i bought something on ebay 11 days ago from today. i recently tried to contact the seller but have not heard from him. he was listed as being in Green Bay, WI and im in Milwaukee, WI. this is a 2 hour drive, not an 11 day drive. i payed instantly with paypal so he should have shipped at least within the next 5 days which means on day 6 or 7 by the latest i would have gotten it.

at this point what should i do? how much time is required until i can decide ive been ripped off? i dont want to screw this guy over if hes legit yet but this is starting to get rediculous. do i contact ebay about this or paypal?

luckily ive never been ripped off online before so im not sure what to do exactly. i emailed im at all his accounts i could find asking for any type of response ASAP so i figure ill give him another day or so to check his email, then what should i do?

jj

MANN
01-31-2007, 11:45 AM
I would give it a few more days. Poop happens. Sometimes people get busy with work or school, and will go a week without checking their email (I know I have). I think paypal's policy is that you can file a "item not shipped" after 14 days of payment, but not after 30. (I think) If he does not contact you within 21 days, and the package does not arrive within 25 I would file. Unfortunetly if you file a claim, and he has no money in his acct you will not get a refund. Good luck. I have also been scammorized on the internetz, but by trades/not purchases.

my .02

matteusz
01-31-2007, 11:48 AM
If you do file to get your $ back do it with your credit card company. Paypal does not like it but you get your $ back WAY FASTER and way easier.

JJ8VAN
01-31-2007, 01:48 PM
ok thanks for the help. i am definetly going to wait a few days because people do get busy with things. hopefully ill hear from him soon

jj

LFD92
01-31-2007, 03:07 PM
Unfortunetly if you file a claim, and he has no money in his acct you will not get a refund.

not true. i had a buyer scam me 6 months after the product was received and he did get a refund and my PayPal went negative. I was able to prove the receipt of the item by the buyer and the charges were reversed in my favor. :cuss:

I would file now. When you do file you are asked to write a statement detailing why you are filing it. That statement is then read by both PayPal and the seller/buyer. He or she has a chance to rebuff anything you write, as long as they are able to provide certified documentation (ie correctly dated and addressed delivery confirmation numbers, insured mail receipts, etc).

It is a somewhat long process (can take up to 60 days). BUT if you have all the proper documentation AND the transaction is covered by the PayPal Buyer Protection Policy (requirements are listed on their site) you should be golden.

Good Luck!

JJ8VAN
01-31-2007, 07:47 PM
ok thanks for the great info. luckily the seller contacted me just now and he said he was having problems with paypal but that ill get the package soon.

paypal also tried to screw me over on ebay once too. i sold an item and when i went to recieve my paypal payment, it went into a different account that it made me set up to get to the money (i found this out after waiting for payment into my original one for a week). the problem is that i cant withdraw the money from this account so im forced to spend it. im guesing something similar happend to this seller.

soon as i spend all my paypal money im cancelling my paypal accounts.

jj